Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climote

Options
  • 09-06-2015 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭

Signed up to the climote package and had a lovely installer visit at the weekend to set the whole thing up. Things are not going well at all.

While he was there the app refused to work and had to be uninstalled/reinstalled, it eventually played ball and he showed me how to use it

However it hasn't gotten any better since. The app doesn't open properly. I can't edit the timers via the app. Not all the commands are sent. It can't show me the status. I keep having to uninstall the app and restart from scratch.
    So basically it doesn't work remotely and doesn't do what it says on the tin.

What are the options here?

As an aside he mentioned I'd be better off with the nest as I only have one zone to control and the Wifi signal is stronger than the mobile signal in the apartments.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi The_Morrigan,

We are sorry to read that you are unhappy since the installation of the climote.

Can you please send us a private message and we can look into this further for you?

We require the following:
    • Confirmation that you are the account holder
    • Your full name and address
    • Your account number
    • Your contact number or date of birth

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Morning Aoife,

I'll drop you a pm with the details shortly.

I was on the bus home last night and I was trying to boost the climote so that I could have hot water when I got in, the app couldn't seem to send the command and I ended up having to physically boost the system on the climote control box in the house when I got home and waiting for the water to heat up - that isn't what was sold to me but I don't know which aspect of the product is falling down here.
    Is this more of an app issue than anything else? I don't know who is responsible for the software behind the product so unfortunately you guys are my first port of call on this one. Essentially I don't want to be locked into a contract and paying a price plan for a service that I can't use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi again,

We have received your private message. Thank you for that. We will get in touch with our colleagues in the Home Services department and advise you as soon as we can.

Thanks and regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chipie78

Hi,
    We have moved house and brought our climote with us. We installed it to replace the timer in new house, but it wont work. It comes on and links with phone app and we have control of the hub but it wont physically turn boiler on? Have checked wireing and all is good.
    It was originally installed in house with single zone heating. No stat and no motorised valves. The new house has a Room stat, separate zones for heating and hotwater.
    How can climote be re programed for this new system?
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chipie78

Hi again,

We have received your private message. Thank you for that. We will get in touch with our colleagues in the Home Services department and advise you as soon as we can.

Thanks and regards,
    Aoife
    Hi,
    We have moved house and brought our climote with us. We installed it to replace the timer in new house, but it wont work. It comes on and links with phone app and we have control of the hub but it wont physically turn boiler on? Have checked wireing and all is good.
    It was originally installed in house with single zone heating. No stat and no motorised valves. The new house has a Room stat, separate zones for heating and hotwater.
    thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

chipie78 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Hi chipie78,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I have sent your query to the Home Services team and await response - you will be updated ASAP.

If you have any other queries for us here on Boards in the meantime, do let us know.

Kind regards,
    Una

Hi again chipie78,

Thank you for bearing with us.

Home Services have asked us to request the following information from you: can you confirm approximately how long you have Climote with Electric Ireland?

Thanks,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dmackowski

Hi,
    Got my Climote Instaled two weeks ago.
    All was perfect at start, than maybe three days ago Climote restart it self and problems started.
    Have two zones at home just for heating radiators ( combo boiler - always have hot water)
    Zone 1 living room and kitchen
    Zone 2 bedrooms.
    Before I could turn only one zone, now if I would like to use only zone 1 it’s not working ( boiler don’t turn on and before did)need to turn also zone 2 to make zone 1 working.
    But zone 2 Can work itself .... thought it might be some valve by the boiler but than it wouldn’t turn on at all....any ideas?

Hi Dmackowski,

We recommend putting this query to Climote themselves by telephoning them on 042 9395020. If they advise that the matter relates to the installation by Electric Ireland, just private message us your name and telephone number.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement