Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Results?

• 09-06-2015 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

So I got my results today for 1st year science overall I received 60.75 percent , which I'm happy with but I'm just wondering would that be enough to get anatomy , it's my first choice but I'm so scared that I won't get it! Do you think it's good enough to get anatomy? Also does anyone know when the subject choice offers are out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

ejayy wrote: »
    So I got my results today for 1st year science overall I received 60.75 percent , which I'm happy with but I'm just wondering would that be enough to get anatomy , it's my first choice but I'm so scared that I won't get it! Do you think it's good enough to get anatomy? Also does anyone know when the subject choice offers are out?

Thanks

I think theyre out in August, no one can tell you if that will be enough or not enough unfortunately. The college lists students in order of merit (i.e who got the highest score goes on the top and the lowest goes on the bottom) and allocates places of peoples desired subjects based on how well they did in descending order, and once all the places are full unfortunately nothing can be done, however a lot of people change their minds/drop out some September and some people are offered places on subjects they missed out on originally as a result. I personally think that score is high enough, I know last year the cut off for physiology was 52% and they are both allow roughly the same amount of students in and are both equally desired. Pharmacology is probably more desired and accepts a smaller amount of people and its cut off point was 62% I think. However it all comes down how well you did compared to your classmates.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ejayy

Oh okay, thank you for your help! Much appreciated! :)

Advertisement