Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daughter changed passcode on iPhone, can't remember it now, help...

• 09-06-2015 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭

Hi, my 7 year old changed the passcode on my old iPhone, she uses it for games etc. She now can't remember it, by this evening the phone was disabled, I googled how to reset it and update it. But have now realised iCloud is activated on it and I can't go any further on the update.

From searching it is now telling me that the phone is only good for parts, is there anything I can do to get the phone working again. It's in perfect condition and a shame to see it go for parts.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If Find My iPhone is enabled you can log into iCloud and erase the device, then restore it.

See here

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT204306

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

If Find My iPhone is enabled you can log into iCloud and erase the device, then restore it.

See here

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT204306

Thanks, I've done that but it then says on phone your activation cannot be done at this time, contact customer care.

I will try again, do you think the phone can work again or is it parts only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

If you know your iCloud activation password you should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'm nearly certain you need the AppStore password to restore a phone that was activation locked. They might have changed it but that's the way it used to be. If you can't restore it Google DFU and try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

guil wrote: »
    I'm nearly certain you need the AppStore password to restore a phone that was activation locked. They might have changed it but that's the way it used to be. If you can't restore it Google DFU and try again.

Hi, only got around to doing this now, spent about an hour doing it, first few times it didn't work, eventually it asked for unlocked sim. Put my own one in and now it's working perfect.

Daughter is delighted as I am, would be a terrible waste of a phone. Think she has learnt her lesson......

Thank you very much!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement