Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HI 70 voice/dialler

Options
  • 09-06-2015 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

Thanks to eircom dropping SMS I need to reconfigure my alarm panel to dial me instead of texting me, but I'm not entirely sure how. I went into the phone menu and added in a phone number, but then it was looking for things like a phone account and I had no idea what that was.

Is there some sort of guide online somewhere for configuring the voice dialler?

I'm looking to get a phonecall (probably better than a text anyway) saying "zone triggered, back door".

Thanks,

z

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you mean the GSD i70?
    Set protocol to Voice & just put account number at 1234.

IMO A voice call is way better anyway. Cheaper to run & the panel looks for confirmation that the message has been heard & understood. Texts are just sent blindly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Sorry, I'm not sure what happened with the title. I meant to say the HKC Q70.

z

Sorry, I'm not sure what happened with the title. I meant to say the HKC Q70.

z

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Off the top of my head I think it's the same. It has to see an account number, but it doesn't matter what you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

don't forget to change the protocol to voice for the first 2 phone numbers or it won't work, also record a site name

• Advertisement

Thanks for the pointers folks. I went into 9-3-1 (Comms-Monitoring & Voice-Phone) and the two numbers were already there. I changed their protocol to voice from extended SIA. When I tried to make a test call it reported that I needed to record a site name, so I did that and was able to make a test call - the voice said to press 0 to confirm, etc . . . so it was all working.

Just now I triggered the alarm to test what would happen, but I didn't get the expected results. I got the previously configured SMS, but since I didn't turn it off yet that's not surprising. The problem is that I didn't get the voice call that I was expecting.

Is there another step somewhere that is required to tell the system to actually make the voice call as well as the SMS, or do I need to turn off the SMS to make the voice call active, etc . . .

Any guidance gratefully received.

Thanks,

z

[edit] - what's the best way to test the system without setting the bell off every time? I don't want to antagonise the neighbours too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

Hi you need to let the alarm ring for 20 seconds before it starts on voice calls so if you disarmed it right away it wouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

zagmund wrote: »
    Thanks for the pointers folks. I went into 9-3-1 (Comms-Monitoring & Voice-Phone) and the two numbers were already there. I changed their protocol to voice from extended SIA. When I tried to make a test call it reported that I needed to record a site name, so I did that and was able to make a test call - the voice said to press 0 to confirm, etc . . . so it was all working.

Just now I triggered the alarm to test what would happen, but I didn't get the expected results. I got the previously configured SMS, but since I didn't turn it off yet that's not surprising. The problem is that I didn't get the voice call that I was expecting.

Is there another step somewhere that is required to tell the system to actually make the voice call as well as the SMS, or do I need to turn off the SMS to make the voice call active, etc . . .

Any guidance gratefully received.

Thanks,

z

[edit] - what's the best way to test the system without setting the bell off every time? I don't want to antagonise the neighbours too much.

I would say the issue you are having is you need to delete the numbers plus site address in the sms menu.

Thanks, I'll give that a try later today.

z

Thanks, I'll give that a try later today.

z

No problem, any other issues let us know :)

• Advertisement

Removing the SMS details worked - thanks.

z

Removing the SMS details worked - thanks.

z

No problem, always happy to help :)

Advertisement