Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do?

Options
  • 09-06-2015 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am on looking to keep another option open for employment which is the Garda. I am in band 2 at the moment and I am short one language. I notice Kilroy's college do distance learning course for Irish, French, Spanish and German. Has anyone any experience doing a repeat this way?

Also which would be easiest to do? I done Irish in School to LC level and French to JC level. I have a German friend in work who I think would be more than happy to guide me with German if I was to go with that, which is good in a way.

I'm also interested in doing something medical which would require me to go back to repeat the LC I have found a 2 year full time course, which I wouldn't mind as a better LC would do be good in the long run I would imagine, I'm 25 but anything medical is point based as I have a bad leaving cert so the mature option isn't really there!

Also I have been accepted in a IT degree course in DIT, so I am not sure what to do. I feel under pressure as this is all starting up in September!

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I have gotten an answer on this from doing some searching around the forum on this. Cheers.

Seems they are pretty poor courses at inflated rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Your two languages can be English & Irish for the Gardai. If you have done both of these to Leaving Cert and meet the other educational requirements, i.e minimum of 5 LC subjects passed at Ordinary level, then you may not need to do a third language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Your two languages can be English & Irish for the Gardai. If you have done both of these to Leaving Cert and meet the other educational requirements, i.e minimum of 5 LC subjects passed at Ordinary level, then you may not need to do a third language.

Yes I meet the other requirements, just missing Irish I done foundation level so would need Irish or I was think if it would be better to do another European Language? As it might be easier to grasp and easier to pass in the LC.

Advertisement