Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advise pls - cut paw and stairs?!

• 09-06-2015 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭

Lucy cut the big pad on her front paw this morning and was taken into the vets to have it stitched up. She has a big bandage on it to keep it well cushioned. She's to rest it as much as possible and have no walks for the time being. I'm not sure what to do about bedtime now because she sleeps upstairs in my room?! Are stairs too much - what if we had stairs up to the front door or out the back etc though? I'm not sure if she'll settle apart from Bailey either. On one hand not going up will rest the paw but if she's up with us I can keep an eye on her/ear out in case anything happens during the night. Sleeping down on the couch isn't an option for me because it'll put my back out! :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Can you carry her up? How many stairs are there? I'm just thinking of her putting extra weight on it as shes going up and down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

muddypaws wrote: »
    Can you carry her up? How many stairs are there? I'm just thinking of her putting extra weight on it as shes going up and down

:eek: Are you mad woman - she's 30 odd kgs! :pac: There's 13 steps. If she sleeps upstairs she'll be in her bed all night - downstairs I think she might move around. I don't really want to throw her in a crate out of nowhere and freak her out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Lol I thought you might say that. Take it steady and go up slowly, hopefully the cushioning will help. You know her best, if she'll settle upstairs it will be better for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Could you possibly harness it up with a lead or something and help her hop up? Coco did a good bit of hopping when she had her big bandage on before she learned to adapt to the bandage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

I would sit on the couch rather than lay it might be easier on your back as well. It might be only for a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

A 30kg cat!!!!! Wtf!!!! What are you feeding it?????Is it a fecking lion???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

micar wrote: »
    A 30kg cat!!!!! Wtf!!!! What are you feeding it?????Is it a fecking lion???

I think its a dog because op mentioned no walks for a while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

lulu1 wrote: »
    I think its a dog because op mentioned no walks for a while :)

You can take cats for walks. My mate does it. Has a leash and all!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

micar wrote: »
    You can take cats for walks. My mate does it. Has a leash and all!!!

I've seen cats and a ferret on lead - although not at the same time :pac: I'm taking about a dog though - thank god because I can't imaging having to keep a cat's injured paw in order! :P

Update - she hopped up herself keeping her weight off the paw so hopefully all good.

Advertisement