Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toyota Corrola 1.4 (E11) HIGH PERFORMANCE CAR?

Options
  • 09-06-2015 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to ask this question on here, about 1 month ago I changed my car over its an 00 Toyota Corolla nothing fancy 1.4 VVTI engine, got it because of the low tax and it been easy on fuel.

Is someone having a laugh? I was told it was high performance and the insurance will be 79€ per month a jump from my 07 1.25 Zetec Fiesta priced at 55€ per month. 

What the hell is going on here? How/who decided that a Toyota Corolla 1.4 is a high performance car, I have drove a Lancer Evolution 4 and a Mirage Mivec Cyborg ZR on this policy, they are high performance cars in particular the Evo 4. But a Toyota Corolla? Know I know there are Corollas that are high performance, particularly the 1.6 and 2.0 litre versions but I can assure you this car is anything but.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

TallGlass wrote: »
    I just wanted to ask this question on here, about 1 month ago I changed my car over its an 00 Toyota Corolla nothing fancy 1.4 VVTI engine, got it because of the low tax and it been easy on fuel.

Is someone having a laugh? I was told it was high performance and the insurance will be 79€ per month a jump from my 07 1.25 Zetec Fiesta priced at 55€ per month. 

What the hell is going on here? How/who decided that a Toyota Corolla 1.4 is a high performance car, I have drove a Lancer Evolution 4 and a Mirage Mivec Cyborg ZR on this policy, they are high performance cars in particular the Evo 4. But a Toyota Corolla? Know I know there are Corollas that are high performance, particularly the 1.6 and 2.0 litre versions but I can assure you this car is anything but.
    Hi TallGlass,
    Thanks for your query. We would like to explain that our premiums are based on regular analysis of claims experiences across many factors, for example, the make, model, engine size, etc. Any adjustments to a policy are always priced on the rates that were in force the day the policy was activated and then calculated on a pro-rata basis for the remaining days on cover.
    Una

Advertisement