Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancel direct debit

Options
  • 10-06-2015 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I'm with electric Ireland at the moment and want to move suppliers because the bills im getting are rediculous. I want to cancel my direct debit how do I do this if anybody could let me and also do they let you do a payments option know thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

celineos wrote: »
    I'm with electric Ireland at the moment and want to move suppliers because the bills im getting are rediculous. I want to cancel my direct debit how do I do this if anybody could let me and also do they let you do a payments option know thanks
    Write to your bank! Deliver it by hand or registered mail. Job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 celineos

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    Write to your bank! Deliver it by hand or registered mail. Job done!

If you've an online banking account could you not just cancel by yourself rather than going in to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi celineos,

It is correct that you can cancel the direct debit with the bank. Alternatively, you can send us a private message here with the following:
    • Confirmation that you are the account holder
    • Your full name and address
    • Your account number
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    Here is a list of our payment options on our website. You can also find an appliance calculator on our website, where you can find out how much it costs on average to use particular appliances.

We offer payment plans where a customer can't pay within our credit terms 14 days, but these are on a bill by bill basis only. However, we do offer prepayment meters if these would be of interest. You can read about our gas prepayment meters here and our electricity here. Alternatively, you can call our Pay As You Go team on 1850 305 095. If you are not the home owner, you will need to get the owners permission before installation.

Do let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
    Aoife

Hi celineos,

It is correct that you can cancel the direct debit with the bank. Alternatively, you can send us a private message here with the following:
    • Confirmation that you are the account holder
    • Your full name and address
    • Your account number
    • Your contact number or date of birth

Here is a list of our payment options on our [URL="https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential/manage-your-account/payment-options.jsp"]website[/URL]. You can also find an [URL="https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential-energy-services/reduce-your-costs/appliance-calculators.jsp"]appliance calculator[/URL] on our website, where you can find out how much it costs on average to use particular appliances.

We offer payment plans where a customer can't pay within our credit terms 14 days, but these are on a bill by bill basis only. However, we do offer prepayment meters if these would be of interest. You can read about our gas prepayment meters [URL="https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential-gas/manage-your-account/pay-as-you-go.jsp"]here [/URL]and our electricity [URL="https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential/manage-your-account/pay-as-you-go.jsp"]here[/URL]. Alternatively, you can call our Pay As You Go team on 1850 305 095. If you are not the home owner, you will need to get the owners permission before installation.

Do let us know if you have any other queries.

So your saying I can't pay weekly repayments on my bill?

Hi celineos,

Of course, you can make weekly payments if you wish.

We understand that some customers prefer to make regular payments rather than a lump sum from a direct debit. You may pay whatever way you wish provided the bills are paid within our credit terms of 14 days. f you need more time to pay your bill, you can contact us to set up a plan to make weekly repayments provided that it is paid before your next bill.

Some customers put money into their account in advance of getting the bill, so that they have most if not all of the bill paid before the bill comes. Other customers wish to break up bills they already have received into a weekly repayment schedule. This is perfectly fine. However, these payments plans can only be set up on the balance on the account at the time and can't be carried from bill to bill. This means that once a new bill issues, you would need to contact us again for a new payment plan.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Advertisement

Hi celineos,

Of course, you can make weekly payments if you wish.

We understand that some customers prefer to make regular payments rather than a lump sum from a direct debit. You may pay whatever way you wish provided the bills are paid within our credit terms of 14 days. f you need more time to pay your bill, you can contact us to set up a plan to make weekly repayments provided that it is paid before your next bill.

Some customers put money into their account in advance of getting the bill, so that they have most if not all of the bill paid before the bill comes. Other customers wish to break up bills they already have received into a weekly repayment schedule. This is perfectly fine. However, these payments plans can only be set up on the balance on the account at the time and can't be carried from bill to bill. This means that once a new bill issues, you would need to contact us again for a new payment plan.

Regards,
    Aoife

When I tried putting money in it weekly it wouldn't let me. Can I set up a payment plan with you through private message?

Hi celineos,

We have received your private message and we will respond to you as soon as we can.

In the meantime, can you please confirm how you tried to set up weekly payments?

Thanks and regards,
    Aoife

Hi celineos,

We have received your private message and we will respond to you as soon as we can.

In the meantime, can you please confirm how you tried to set up weekly payments?

Thanks and regards,
    Aoife

Through my online account I sent a contact us form mentioning repayments and they never replied to it. Also had to take a picture of my meter reading and send it to them as the meter readings they had were wrong, night reading especially was out by 1000+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Celine,

Your email will be responded to - it is just in a queue and the email teams require a few days to receive it.

As Aoife advised, we can assist you here on Boards today anyway.

Kind regards,
    Una

Hi Celine,

Your email will be responded to - it is just in a queue and the email teams require a few days to receive it.

As Aoife advised, we can assist you here on Boards today anyway.

Kind regards,
    Una

Hi,
    I done an agreement with electric Ireland to take out the bill amount out of my bank account yesterday the 30th of June.
    They did not take out the amount can you tell me why not because the money is there

• Advertisement

Hi celineos,

We would be happy to look into this for you.

Can you please send us a private message outlining the details and we will get back to you as soon as we can?

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement