Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late night coffee

Options
  • 10-06-2015 8:51am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

I hope you can help.

I am looking for somewhere between Finglas and Swords to meet a friend for a late coffee (after babies are in bed).

Don't fancy heading into town on a Friday and paying through the nose for parking.

Looking for somewhere cosy, where we can get comfy and catch up. Don't mind if it is a hotel.

God, I miss the days when a Friday night catch up was meeting after work for a beer or 20, a kebab and a taxi home :(:(

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

John Mason wrote: »
    I hope you can help.

I am looking for somewhere between Finglas and Swords to meet a friend for a late coffee (after babies are in bed).

Don't fancy heading into town on a Friday and paying through the nose for parking.

Looking for somewhere cosy, where we can get comfy and catch up. Don't mind if it is a hotel.

God, I miss the days when a Friday night catch up was meeting after work for a beer or 20, a kebab and a taxi home :(:(

Roundabout what time?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

after babies are in bed so around 7 -8pm I guess

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

after babies are in bed so around 7 -8pm I guess

Starbucks or McDonalds in Airside

or McDs by Charlestown

my friend wrote: »
    Starbucks or McDonalds in Airside

or McDs by Charlestown

Really is that it. :(

I would never set foot inside either of those places.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Really is that it. :(

I would never set foot inside either of those places.

Oh well was just trying to help but you have your knee jerk trigger reaction for whatever reason ...I travel the highways and byways and can assure you that McDs coffee beats 95% of the options available (I drink black coffee)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The Radisson at the airport is nice, lovely chairs in the lobby and not crowded.

Also Wrights cafe bar has booths that you can sit in for a nice chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

McDonald's coffee is top-notch IMO.

If that doesn't suit, Starbucks in the Omni is open until 9pm.
    You could also consider Eddie Rockets in Omni too - open until 11pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

McDonalds coffee is nice but for sitting in? No way.
    There's any amount of hotels to choose from where you will get a coffee at any time, try them out and stick with one you like.

I am sorry but sitting plastic chairs, drinking coffee from paper cups surround by drunk people and children really isn't my idea of getting out for a relaxing chat.

Nevermind the smell.

I am not from the said area so wouldn't be aware of where would be open but my hometown has a few different types of coffee/wine bars where you can meet up for a chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭SF12

Gourmet Food Parlour in Swords do late nights some evenings of the week - check their website.
    Any number of pubs will- Gibneys in Malahide, for example (quietness dependent on the night of the week!)
    McD's coffee is excellent, but I agree, not a place to sit in.
    Hotels - Carnegie Court Swords, anywhere around the airport, Grand hotel Malahide. There's also a hotel in Northwood in Santry - the Crowne Plaza.
    Also Starbucks in the Pavilions in Swords.

• Advertisement

SF12 wrote: »
    Gourmet Food Parlour in Swords do late nights some evenings of the week - check their website.
    Any number of pubs will- Gibneys in Malahide, for example (quietness dependent on the night of the week!)
    McD's coffee is excellent, but I agree, not a place to sit in.
    Hotels - Carnegie Court Swords, anywhere around the airport, Grand hotel Malahide. There's also a hotel in Northwood in Santry - the Crowne Plaza.
    Also Starbucks in the Pavilions in Swords.

Gourmet is for dinner Fri and sat evenings not sure if you can just get coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I like Bewleys hotel just off M50. It's expensive but coffee and cakes are nice but probably more importantly the lobby is cosy both in term of atmosphere and seating.

Any hotel though for a bit of extra relaxation.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    I like Bewleys hotel just off M50. It's expensive but coffee and cakes are nice but probably more importantly the lobby is cosy both in term of atmosphere and seating.

Actually I forgot that one it's very nice

this sounds exactly what I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

this sounds exactly what I was looking for.

No worries, as i said the coffee is a bit pricey (think €3.30 for a cappuccino) but if it's a once a week it's hard a massive deal and I think the comfy chairs and atmosphere are worth it.

No worries, as i said the coffee is a bit pricey (think €3.30 for a cappuccino) but if it's a once a week it's hard a massive deal and I think the comfy chairs and atmosphere are worth it.

If I was in the pub I would be paying much more than for pint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I hope you can help.

Just a quick one - parking on a Friday night in town after 8pm will be free on-street. You'd be early enough to avoid having to crawl for too long looking for spaces, and not drinking alcohol from what you describe so happily able to drive home.

Bewleys is probably the pick of places from what's been described though. Lovely big seating area with great food and coffee, but yes, pricey.

Just a quick update we went to Bewleys, it was perfect, a bit cold but grand.

got to sit over a coffee for 4 hours with no-one hassling us to move. We will be back.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Advertisement