Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Broadband Customer Speed

Options
  • 10-06-2015 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi, I recently had a salesman from Eircom call at my door offering a guaranteed increase in my line speed from the 3mbps I was getting from Sky to 6mps. I asked him specifically if he could guarantee the 6mbps if I signed up as this was the only reason that I would consider switching and he said that he could. After changing over to Eircom I tested the speed (on a wired connection, not WiFi) and I am only getting just over 4mbps so I called up tech support and they told me that the salesman knew I would not get the 6mbps because of the distance from the exchange and should have told me that. Can you please investigate if there is anything you can do to the line to improve the speed or if you can explain to my why Eircom sales people are selling a certain speed knowing that these speeds cannot actually be achieved?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

spillcoe wrote: »
    Hi, I recently had a salesman from Eircom call at my door offering a guaranteed increase in my line speed from the 3mbps I was getting from Sky to 6mps. I asked him specifically if he could guarantee the 6mbps if I signed up as this was the only reason that I would consider switching and he said that he could. After changing over to Eircom I tested the speed (on a wired connection, not WiFi) and I am only getting just over 4mbps so I called up tech support and they told me that the salesman knew I would not get the 6mbps because of the distance from the exchange and should have told me that. Can you please investigate if there is anything you can do to the line to improve the speed or if you can explain to my why Eircom sales people are selling a certain speed knowing that these speeds cannot actually be achieved?
    Hi spillcoe

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I will be happy to look in to this further for you.

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement