Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Comedy Festival 2015

• 10-06-2015 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Fantastic line-up for this years event.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/comedy-live/vodafone-comedy-festival-line-up-5851689
    Our favourite comedians from across the globe will perform at the Iveagh Gardens, Dublin July 23rd to 26th.

International talent performing at the festival includes US comedians Reginald D Hunter, Nick Kroll, John Mulaney, Michelle Wolf, Aparna Nancherla, Joe List, Seaton Smith and the unique talents of The Pajama Men.

Canadians Tom Stade and Glenn Wool will also grace the stage as well as Australia’s Adam Hills and Rhys Nicholson.

8 out of 10 Cats team captain Jon Richardson, one-liner king Tim Vine, ventriloquist Nina Conti, The Improv Allstars with Phill Jupitus, Adam Buxton, Zoe Lyons, Lolly Adefope, Chris Ramsey, and Rosin Conaty will be over.

[Irish] Comedy greats like Tommy Tiernan and David O’Doherty are performing.

Have never been to a comedy festival before, but I'm a huge fan of Nick Kroll, John Mulaney and Michelle Wolf so really want to get to this. Tickets are on sale this Monday. How much can I expect to pay for a show and is it tough to get tickets for the bigger name comedians?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Nice line-up, I'd love to see Mulaney because "New in Town" was nicely done.

From the line-up, I can personally recommend:
    Reg D Hunter, Glenn Wool, David O' Doherty, Foil Arms and Hog and Alison Spittle.
    I've seen them all a few times and they're consistently good.

I'd be interested to see Nick Kroll, Nina Conti, Aparna Nancherla, Maeve Higgins and the Pajama Men too, I've heard good things.

Edit: I just noticed your questions, sorry. I haven't been to this particular festival but Vodafone do a festival in Galway too later in the year, those tickets are generally under 20e but might be more for big names. Never had hassle getting tickets for popular acts if you buy them reasonably quickly the day they are released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Fantastic line-up for this years event.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/comedy-live/vodafone-comedy-festival-line-up-5851689

Have never been to a comedy festival before, but I'm a huge fan of Nick Kroll, John Mulaney and Michelle Wolf so really want to get to this. Tickets are on sale this Monday. How much can I expect to pay for a show and is it tough to get tickets for the bigger name comedians?

Tickets are 28 euro for the bigger names. But you'll get a few comedians on that bill.

For instance Mulaney is doing a show with DOD and Nick Kroll on the Thursday.

The full lineup is up on the site now: http://vodafonecomedy.com/

It's a good festival if a bit on the pricey side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Thanks lads! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I forgot how many they squeeze on each bill. It's great they get so much talent in but you'd nearly need a spreadsheet to work out which shows are best to go to, taking how prominent your favoured acts are on different lineups into account.

What shows do you like the look of, Chip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I forgot how many they squeeze on each bill. It's great they get so much talent in but you'd nearly need a spreadsheet to work out which shows are best to go to, taking how prominent your favoured acts are on different lineups into account.

What shows do you like the look of, Chip?

Due to work and other stuff I'll only make one night of this, but it's a good one... Thursday night I got tickets for Maeve Higgins, Nick Kroll, John Mulaney and the DO'D! I won't see Michelle Wolf but I'm delighted other than that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

What's the usual wrap up time for the Thursday sets, 11? 11:30? I also have tickets for the Kroll/Mulaney/O'Doherty show as well, that one looks like the hot ticket this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Luisa Omelian is playing again. Her "What Would Beyonce Do?" a few years ago was one of the best shows I've seen.

Pajama Men, Abandoman and Nina Conti are great too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Went to see The Mess Around last night which was shambolic and hilarious. Then managed to snag a pass off someone and get in to see Nick Kroll and John Mulaney. Kroll was pretty good but Mulaney was absolutely brilliant, one of the best stand up sets I've seen for some time.

Advertisement