Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good physical sunscreen to wear under makeup?

Options
  • 10-06-2015 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

I'm looking for recommendations for a broad spectrum sunscreen to wear under makeup - at least 30 SPF, but ideally 50.
    I've had reactions to ingredients in chemical sunscreens so I need to stick to ones with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide that will also work well under liquid or cream makeup. All advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Estee Lauder daywear spf 50. It's fantastic, great under make-up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I love the Vichy Capital Soleil in the Mattifying Face Fluid Dry Touch. It's not greasy, dries in super quick and leaves a matt finish. It doesn't effect the makeup you put on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Dermalogica Super Sensitive Shield SPF30. This contains no chemical sunscreens and is the only physical sunblock that doesn't make me look like I've covered my face in Sudocrem. It works fine for me under foundation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

I use the Eucerin Sun Face Fluid SPF50. It is a mattifying sunscreen so you don't end up with that greasy sticky feeling. It's on special offer in Boots at the moment for €15, usually €20 but the Eucerin brand is often included in their 3 for 2 offers. I have very sensitive skin and I also have eczema and this hasn't caused me irritation like some sunscreens.
    I have had my current 50ml bottle for about 3 months now and it still feels fairly full to me. I wear it under make up and it doesn't affect the look of my make up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 loverain

I use La Roche Posay ANTHELIOS Face ULTRA-LIGHT FLUID SPF50+ and find it less clogging compared with other sunscreen's, they are on offer at the moment 14.99 in Boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I love this one by Soap & Glory. Its my favourite. It feels very light and not at all greasy, its slightly shiny but once you apply foundation (or whatever base product you use) and powder it, the shine goes down.

I've often worn the sunscreen alone and just used a translucent powder over the top to mattify it and get rid of shine.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Soap-Glory%C2%99-Make-Yourself-Youthful%C2%99-Sunshield-Superfluid%C2%99-SPF50-_1438035/

I got mine in Boots for €4 in a clearance section/sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I used dr jart bb balm spf40 on holidays and it was fantastic for my skin. I didn't burn at all and I had no rosacea outbreak which happened every other year. It's like a tinted moisturiser and quite dewy. If you were wearing it under makeup you'd probably need some powder over it. When I'm wearing makeup here in Ireland I use Clinique supercity SPF 25 and my makeup over. Both have zinc and titanium oxide as main ingredients.

Advertisement