Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What plant/weed?

Options
  • 10-06-2015 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Anyone ID this please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Looks like meadowsweet -- common roadside weed, but has a nice scent etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭The Waxbill

I just googled meadowsweet and it looks like you're right, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Mods, should there be a single "plant/weed ID please" thread? This is the second thread looking for ID on what seems more or less identical to me, and getting different answers, and every day there are more of these questions.

A single thread would grow a fund of knowledge, and people who are interested would always check it and get to know the IDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Perhaps this would be of use to people too: http://www-saps.plantsci.cam.ac.uk/trees/intro.htm

Ask some basic questions about leaf shape, growing habit, etc. to help you work out what tree/shrub it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Rabo Karabekian

Mods, should there be a single "plant/weed ID please" thread? This is the second thread looking for ID on what seems more or less identical to me, and getting different answers, and every day there are more of these questions.

A single thread would grow a fund of knowledge, and people who are interested would always check it and get to know the IDs.

I think this is a good idea. I asked about one recently and got a very helpful response, but even though I've only just started following this thread, I'm aware that asking too many questions about things I'm seeing in the garden would be annoying for the more experienced of ye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

I think this is a good idea. I asked about one recently and got a very helpful response, but even though I've only just started following this thread, I'm aware that asking too many questions about things I'm seeing in the garden would be annoying for the more experienced of ye.

Not annoying at all! But it might be nice to have a fund of knowledge in one thread.

(I'm wondering what those hard-stemmed, long-necked weeds with big leaves but tiny yellow flowers are called… picture tomorrow, maybe.)

Advertisement