Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think my 360 hard drive is failing

Options
  • 10-06-2015 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭

I've got a 360 (Elite I think??) and I think its hard drive is failing. The reason i think this is that any game I play directly from the disc seems to be always fine but any games I play that I've downloaded from the marketplace (installed on the hard-drive) cause the Xbox to freeze regularly. A reboot is required.

So a few questions I have:
    1. What's the best drive to buy to replace this failing drive?
    2. How do I go about tranferring the current contents (games and saves) from the failing drive to the new drive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

120GB Xbox Hard Drive - 20 euro with 12 month warranty

This for transfering data to the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

Thanks. Given the description of my problem, do you think I'm right in assuming that the hard drive is on its way out?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

gnolan wrote: »
    Thanks. Given the description of my problem, do you think I'm right in assuming that the hard drive is on its way out?

To be honest, it could be any number of things, but most likely is hard drive failure.

If you've got an external hard drive knocking around, then use that for transferring files and saves, should be much less hassle than that cable from what I remember. I transferred ages ago, so it's not fresh in the memory.

Also, your saves should all be in the cloud anyway, so if you've got good enough broadband, then you can just buy a new hard drive, recover your profile onto it, download all your games and you should be good to go.

Advertisement