Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC French - June 10th*** Please state your level

• 10-06-2015 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Sans abri! I'm delighted haha

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

That aural though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

HL:

Pretty good, I'd say, decent aural, nice written questions. Comprehension 1 was great, but Comp 2 was the biggest feckin' crap i've ever seen - what the hell were half of those words?? Don't think I did too badly, but it just made no sense to me whatsoever..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

HL: Lovely paper and aural.
    Only two days left :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Good reading and reasonable written. Was annoyed to see terrorism come up.

Aural, well, I lost my A1 there big time. Say I lost about 20 plus marks. Teacher gave us the answers afterwards and confirmed that for me. Can only hope for a nice marking scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

Really nice written paper, was delighted with all the titles of the essays/journal intime. Also glad none of them were straightforward, so people who learnt off essays will have had trouble :P dropped the ball on the listening, couple of complete guesses in there. Doubt i'll get my elusive A1 in French now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 bmea

Aural was a bastard, especially that last page (HL)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bah_Humbug

Best exam :D Holding in the laughter when your man threw that pot of jam :) If I don't get an A1 in that there'll be more than one pot of jam thrown!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭FameHungry

HL

Thought the written was great. That 2nd comprehension though... wtf was that? I looked at the last question first and when it mentioned that their new neighbours were wolves I was like "I'm sorry, what?". It took longer than the first but I'd say I managed it.

I was always crap at the aural so I found it difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

(HL)

Thought the aural was a lot better than the mocks thankfully. The comps were tough, but I did decently on the essays so hopefully that'll even out. Nice paper overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lcstudent1234

Bah_Humbug wrote: »
    Best exam :D Holding in the laughter when your man threw that pot of jam :) If I don't get an A1 in that there'll be more than one pot of jam thrown!

I wrote threw a jam jar and thought it was completely wrong, delighted to see this haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

HL. Could have been better, could have been worse. I had a go at everything anyway. I might scrape a C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

Bah_Humbug wrote: »

DID HE ACTUALLY DO THAT?! Gah i heard that and thought it was way too weird to be true :(

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Tet2015

What....the man threw jam? French exam was great except for Aural (last 2 pages were kinda tough, I think I got everything wrong on last page :(! ) If I don't do well in the exam it will be due to my aural. Wonder how my oral will effect my grade, really wish they showed you your practical grades alongside results.

For reading comprehension q2. what was the possessive adjective they were asking for? I just said it was "ai-je", had no clue what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ShaunDaSheep

The SEC know exactly what they are at! On the french OL diary entry we had to say our exams were going well however biology was more difficult than maths. true story

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sdio

I'm super happy about how it went... I thought the comprehensions were easier than usual, the essays were nice and general and the aural was challenging yet went better than expected. I'm pretty confident for an A1!

Is there answers for the comprehension a out there ? I'd like to see what the **** that second comprehension was about.

- Honey, wolves have moved in next door.
    - Ok let's go to their door and welcome to the neighbourhood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

I found the comprehensions and the written extracts lovely!
    The past participe I guessed correct thankfully!

I'm sure that if you didn't know the french word for wolves it was rather confusing when you saw the word 'wolves' in question 6. I wouldn't worry about it, alot of people were confused!

I did think the aural was tricky though, it really tested your vocab rather than your understanding... Hope I did good though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bartekm57

Easiest aural (HL) I have ever done, all the way through it was easy except didn't get part 5c. Comprehensions were nice and easy, the written were easily manageable swell although my grammar will probably let the me down. Overall hoping for B1

Didn't they ask for the present participle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Do You Even Squat

Didn't they ask for the present participle ?

was the answer "valoris...ant"?

• Advertisement

was the answer "valoris...ant"?

Yeah, I got that as well.

What did people get for 5 part 1 for text two? It was something like, at what moment did Sarah want to pas an arriere? I said when she met her neighbours, wasn't really sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Benm123

I wrote threw a jam jar and thought it was completely wrong, delighted to see this haha

I heard confiture and thought I was retarded... I put down threw some jam at the other guy, I never mentioned the pot! Do you think I'll get docked marks for neglecting the word pot?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Do You Even Squat

What did people get for 5 part 1 for text two? It was something like, at what moment did Sarah want to pas an arriere? I said when she met her neighbours, wasn't really sure.

i wrote a big long bullshít answer. Saying when she heard the wolf say "who is it" and when she saw him.

Doing a fake marking scheme in my head, I'm heading for a B2 in this I'd say, the comprehensions definitely let me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Famoso

At least it was better than the Examcraft mock...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 fosterr48

I think it was asking what moment did she take a step back. In the text it stated she took a step back when she seen the wolf neighbour's teeth when he answered the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mpd97

Hey im really annoyed about how the listening was carried out in my school. we got to section three and the cd wasnt clear as it kept jumping and the examiner didnt do anything, i asked her can she and she said no. Only after it had happened a few times and she didnt care. Also someone got a nose bleed and she let him go to the toilet and he came back with blood on his shirt but she had said "youll miss the tape though. this was out of his control and not fair tbh... and then when everyone got annoyed she took the cd out and tryed it again which was good but it shouldnt of happened, someone missed an entire section because they got a nose bleed... i lost out on loads of marks because i couldnt hear it properly and she doesnt even care...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭vamos!

Was in school today and got a look at the (higher) paper. It looked pretty fair to me. The opinion qs looked nice and I just hope my students kept on topic and read each part of the question. Comprehension 2 was a bit strange but the questions seem fair. Comp 1 was lovely! I left my CD in school so can't listen to the aural- it will have to wait until September! My students seemed happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Does anyone know how many marks you get deducted if you write over the 75 word count? I wrote around 130 words for that Matthieu message.

• Advertisement

Stooped wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many marks you get deducted if you write over the 75 word count? I wrote around 130 words for that Matthieu message.

Deducted?! I thought 130 words was the average for those and did just that!

I wrote the same amount for the mocks and got 36 marks, so I doubt you'd get docked much for it.

I wrote nearly all that's given for that letter! I wrote an intro and conclusion, not sure if you're meant to do one or not.

Advertisement