Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC French - June 10th*** Please state your level

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

Hi Ben, yes there's a good chance you'll get the three as long as you didn't say 11:45pm or of course 'a quarter to midnight'.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Patsy6546

Is there a layout to the email ? Or can you just say cher Matthieu?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

I think salut would be better than cher, as you're talking informally to a friend. I don't know if you'd use 'dear' talking to a friend.

You'd only lose a few marks overall for layout. I could be wrong though, as we never did emails in class. I think as long as you keep it informal you're fine.

Did you sign off, put something like "j'ai recu ton courrier. Comment vas-tu?' or was it just cher.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ackyboi

Tet2015 wrote: »
    What....the man threw jam? French exam was great except for Aural (last 2 pages were kinda tough, I think I got everything wrong on last page :(! ) If I don't do well in the exam it will be due to my aural. Wonder how my oral will effect my grade, really wish they showed you your practical grades alongside results.

For reading comprehension q2. what was the possessive adjective they were asking for? I just said it was "ai-je", had no clue what it was.

the possessive adjective was leur, they're adjectives that describe a noun as being a possession of somebody!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

Both leur and leurs were present in the paragraph and both are correct.

• Advertisement
Advertisement