Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due February 2016

Options
  • 10-06-2015 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

I wasn't planning on starting a thread but AARGH I can't wait any longer! :D

Due the 8th of February, 5 days after my daughter's 3rd birthday. Had a miscarriage at 10 weeks in March just gone so keeping the fingers firmly crossed that this one sticks around.

Anyone else??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Typer I am delighted to hear your news!! So lovely after such a difficult time in March. Wishing you a very healthy and happy pregnancy ox

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Thanks so much Ms Tootsie! Not out of the woods with this one yet but feeling optimistic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ourmaris

Due 2nd feb one day after my 16 month old little girls 2nd birthday. Super nervous this time round, no idea why can't wait to have my first scan.

Congrats Ourmaris. It'll be strange having birthdays in the same week eh? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ourmaris

Congrats Ourmaris. It'll be strange having birthdays in the same week eh? :D

Think of all the money we will save doubling up the birthdays in a few years time 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Hi, we were going to start trying in the next month or two (already have a 3 and a half year old girl) but as it turns out my period is 5 days late. Too excited to take a test yet would you believe, going to wait till 7 days.. same day I took it when I thought I was pregnant with my first. Due date will be Feb 12th!

How are you ladies feeling anyways?

Congrats PLL! I'm feeling ok thanks. I'm exhausted in the evenings and I do shift work so nights and lates are proving very difficult. My two year old ensures that I don't get much sleep during the day either :D

I'm going to get an early private scan in two or three weeks. I can let myself get excited and my mind might allow myself to plan ahead if that goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Congratulations everyone! Found out last weekend that we're expecting number 2, our daughter just turned 2 on Tuesday- great excitement in our house. 😀
    Due 20th Feb and I'm also thinking about an early scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MommaFitz

So happy to be joining this thread ðŸ˜႒
    Due our second on Feb 20th, feels strange this time around cause we have a toddler to run around after so it's not getting the same focus as last time!
    Daughter just got a doll (who she calls Baby) for her second birthday and she keeps picking her up by the head... I've got 9 mths to get her into better habits 😄 fun times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Think I belong here too,took a test yesterday and got a positive. Baby 3 for me, I have a 10 year old and a 5month old! Give me a few weeks before I tell you how I feel .Right now I'm in shock!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 pp1401

Glad to see a thread for Feb babies!! Due 16th of February, first baby for me. Going to The Coombe private, first appointment in late July. Seems like ages away. Feeling nervous at the minute, some days I feel pregnant and other days I don't.

I agree Pp1401, I don't really feel pregnant yet except when I'm nauseous! But in a few months I'll be groaning about not being able to put on my own socks...

Lashes, that's gonna be one very busy house!!

Welcome everyone. Good to see a few more joining the thread. Two weeks to my private scan. Got my appointment letters from the Coombe yesterday. Scan is 21st July. My doctor had written them a letter asking for an early scan due to my MMC but they said they only offer early scans to women who've had three or more consecutive miscarriages. Nevermind, sure I had my private scan booked anyway.

Feeling very tired too. The nausea has kicked in big time too so I'm taking that as a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

Due the 16th Feb, this is our first, still getting our heads around it. Feeling good generally, little more emotional than usual (cried on a plane watching the new Cinderella Movie, should have been a give away!) Going to see a gp on sat. Have a few apps telling me what not eat, that's about it!

Heaved at a mushroom burger today in Tescos. And so it begins....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pp1401

Anybody who has been through pregnacy before have any tips for monitoring weight gain. I already carry extra weight and am worrying about gaining alot of weight during pregnancy

I can't stop eating at the moment so trying to choose healthier options and eat less cause I'm eating more often- so far I'm failing miserably! Might try to up my exercise this week to counter the uncontrollable eating and see if that helps.
    I think I googled it before and there's guidelines on what's ok, must look it up myself.

pp1401 wrote: »
    Anybody who has been through pregnacy before have any tips for monitoring weight gain. I already carry extra weight and am worrying about gaining alot of weight during pregnancy

Wish I could help but I put on 5 stone in my first pregnancy! It just crept up and before I knew it my arms wouldn't fit in my jackets anymore :eek:

I do know how it happened tho. I lost the run of myself completely..packets of biscuits, McDonald's, lasagne & chips twice a week. I lost it all within 6 months of having my daughter but it was bloody hard work. I promised myself it would be different this time but I'm so nauseous at the moment that I'm constantly eating to keep it at bay.

My only advise is don't loose the run of yourself. You're only meant to increase your calorie intake by 200 or so which is very little really.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

pp1401 wrote: »

Popping in from the August thread, I tried very hard to monitor mine as I gain weight quite easily and hate the gym! A good guideline I read is 5 lbs for the first 12 weeks and then 1 lb per week there after.

You only need around 300 extra calories a day so try to eat snacks containing things that will be good for baby like yoghurts or cheese for calcium, fruit for vitamins and anything with fibre in it.

Weight gain will also vary depending on starting BMI, women who are already carrying a little extra will generally gain less then someone who has a much lower BMI. My BMI was just at the very top of healthy (sometimes spilling into overweight) so I was expected to gain around 25-35 lbs. However, the last few weeks with the hot weather = water retention, certain side effects of iron tablets... (tmi sorry) and then just being hungry all the time, my weight has spiked up to around half a stone beyond what it should be. Trying not to beat myself up too much about it though. I've already bought a fitbit to use after baby arrives to make sure I strive to get it all off and get out of the house now and then.

Also if you're planning to breastfeed, this is apparently amazing for helping shed the pounds, I'm still 5 weeks from due but I'll report back my findings if all goes well ;)

Just wondering how often you go to your gp or obs/gn and how many scans you get for a normal pregnancy (no complications)? I live in Dubai and everyone I know here seems to have visits and scans every 5 mins, I don't want to miss anything important but I don't want everything under the sun either. My GP is pretty sensible and has signed me up with an obs/gn for 4 weeks time. I just don't want to get lamped when I go in and agree to all sorts! I have limited insurance coverage so want to make the best use out of it. I had blood tests yesterday and they were 100e :eek: TIA

• Advertisement

Hi Wuffly. Here's what I remember about visits from last pregnancy (3 years ago)..

There's not much that happens in the early days. There's midwife (booking appointment) and scan at 12 weeks. I went semi private so had a consultant visit then around 15 weeks. Big scan at 20 weeks. Visit with either GP or midwife/consultant once a month until 30 weeks (they alternate), then it moves to every two weeks and after 35 weeks the visits are weekly.

If you are well not much happens at the midwife/consultant visits either. You give a urine sample, your blood pressure is taken and you discuss how you are feeling etc.

I had bloods taken at 12 week hospital appointment and once more at around 35 weeks. I can't remember what that was for, iron levels maybe? I had no other tests as such.

Hope that helps

Hi Wuffly. Here's what I remember about visits from last pregnancy (3 years ago)..

There's not much that happens in the early days. There's midwife (booking appointment) and scan at 12 weeks. I went semi private so had a consultant visit then around 15 weeks. Big scan at 20 weeks. Visit with either GP or midwife/consultant once a month until 30 weeks (they alternate), then it moves to every two weeks and after 35 weeks the visits are weekly.

If you are well not much happens at the midwife/consultant visits either. You give a urine sample, your blood pressure is taken and you discuss how you are feeling etc.

I had bloods taken at 12 week hospital appointment and once more at around 35 weeks. I can't remember what that was for, iron levels maybe? I had no other tests as such.

Hope that helps

Thank you, that's a great help, at least I have a guide now! They tend to push a lot of unnecessary tests here, as its all private so feels like a money making exercise, and I'd rather avoid them if we don't need them!

Hi ladies, unfortunately I am out of this thread, thank you for the advice. wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies x

So sorry to hear that Wuffly, hope you are coping ok. I was in your position 4 months ago so don't loose heart. If you want to talk about it feel free to PM me. Take care x

Ah.So sorry to hear wuffly have been in your position too. Best of luck in the future xx

So sorry to hear that Wuffly, I hope you're being well looked after.

Thanks ladies, it has hit us very hard but trying to stay positive. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement xx

Holles St have confirmed my first appointment but it's not til mid Aug! Bit worried and I can't wait that long so booked an early scan for Sat week.
    Will be 9wks so hopefully they can confirm everything is ok.
    Anyone else struggling to keep quiet??

Is it really bad that I keep forgetting? Im dreading telling work. I'm not off maternity until end of August! Haven't got my appointment yet .

• Advertisement

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Is it really bad that I keep forgetting? Im dreading telling work. I'm not off maternity until end of August! Haven't got my appointment yet .

I'm not surprised if you're looking after Baby #1, you're well distracted! My 2yr old is little miss independent, wants to do everything by herself now which is funny but messy!
    Ha ha, sure they'll have you back for nearly 6 mths, not much they can do.

Advertisement