Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due February 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Already showing on first. Been showing a while. Probably just bloat or fat but will be glad when people know next week and can get the maternity clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I always knew I didn't have the strongest abs but seriously, I started looking pregnant at 10 weeks. I gave up on trying to force myself into my trousers last week and am wearing dresses. Am getting the odd look in work though. I've also gotten a promotion in work and will be meeting my new section next week. Will let them know then just to get it out in the open!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

I just found this post and im excited to be able to share and learn from everyone.

First pregnancy, we had private scan at 9 weeks. I had another scan in a&e on Friday which confirmed im 13 weeks! Due date 23rd Feb! :) Nothing serious just headache and dehydration but they did a scan to make sure everything was ok. Scan on Friday was amazing compared to the first one, the baby was moving so much and looked way more like a baby.

I have first appointment in Holles Street next week and scan is booked for 5th Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Congrats Bayley..exciting times!

Had my first consultant appointment yesterday. All went well, she seems very nice and friendly. She did a little scan and could see baby kicking and head butting me like mad. My husband is convinced it's a boy as we had lots of scans on my daughter and never saw her move :D

I'll know the sex in the morning though. Due to my age (nearly 38 :eek:) I went for the Harmony blood test which tests for Downs and other Trisomy disorders and you can find out the sex too when you get the results. The clinic is due to ring in the morning, been waiting 3 weeks for results so will be glad to get the phone call out of the way.

I think since my miscarraige earlier this year I just keep waiting for something to go wrong. Wish I could go back to the optimism of my first pregnancy! Hopefully it'll improve as the weeks tick by

Congrats Bayley..exciting times!

Had my first consultant appointment yesterday. All went well, she seems very nice and friendly. She did a little scan and could see baby kicking and head butting me like mad. My husband is convinced it's a boy as we had lots of scans on my daughter and never saw her move :D

I'll know the sex in the morning though. Due to my age (nearly 38 :eek:) I went for the Harmony blood test which tests for Downs and other Trisomy disorders and you can find out the sex too when you get the results. The clinic is due to ring in the morning, been waiting 3 weeks for results so will be glad to get the phone call out of the way.

I think since my miscarraige earlier this year I just keep waiting for something to go wrong. Wish I could go back to the optimism of my first pregnancy! Hopefully it'll improve as the weeks tick by

Ah wow it will be exciting to know the sex and hopefully everything else will be ok! Im sure once the weeks fly by you will get the optimism back especially when you know the sex and can plan things a little better and refer to the baby by him/her or name :) btw 37 is not a bad age im not far behind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Had twelve week today. All good in there. Due date pushed out to 28 Feb from 25 Feb. There's going to be a leap year baby yet!

Found the rotunda great, no waiting round and eligible for the community midwife scheme which is great. Hopefully get to go home 24 hours after birth and recover there! Be lovely compared to being on the ward.

Had twelve week today. All good in there. Due date pushed out to 28 Feb from 25 Feb. There's going to be a leap year baby yet!

Found the rotunda great, no waiting round and eligible for the community midwife scheme which is great. Hopefully get to go home 24 hours after birth and recover there! Be lovely compared to being on the ward.

Congrats!! My original date was feb 28 and we did consider the leap year scenario 😳
    Im in the catchment area for community midwife scheme, I sent in my application so im hoping I'll be eligible!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pp1401

Anyone else suffering with tiredness. Come 2 or 3pm every day I just hit a wall of tiredness and may as well not be in work! I'm in to week 15 at the moment. Next appointment with my consultant is Friday, can't wait to see another scan!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rozmiss

Hi pp1401, definitely feeling the tiredness and I'm week 15 too. I need at least 10 hrs sleep a night and sometimes I'm still wrecked. Apparently according to my doctor it is my age - 34!

Smallerthanyou, they changed my dates too from 2 to 5 February. But went 2 wks over with ds so we will see.

I know what you mean Typer monkey, we've been trying for over 5 years, with some missed and a miscarriage. Do not think I will be able to stop worrying until babs is a lot bigger. I went for a nuchal scan with blood test but did not find out sex.

Welcome all the new mummies to be. Hopefully we get to feb with as little as possible drama :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NeadyB

Hi,

Just joining now cause it doesn't feel real even though I've been for a scan. Due the 6th if Feb so I'm 15 weeks with first child. Very nervous something will happen, can't wait to feel him/her proper!

Nurse appointment tomorrow so can't wait to hear heartbeat again.

Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement

Got good news from the clinic, harmony test was all clear. We're having a little boy too. My husband is delighted. I've a LOT of girls clothes to give away now. Poor mite will be sleeping in pink grow bags tho..those bad boys are €50 a pop!

Got good news from the clinic, harmony test was all clear. We're having a little boy too. My husband is delighted. I've a LOT of girls clothes to give away now. Poor mite will be sleeping in pink grow bags tho..those bad boys are €50 a pop!

So happy for you, congratulations

Congrats that's brill news

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MommaFitz

Glad all tests and scans are going well for everyone.
    I'm in Holles St for my first appointment tomorrow and can't wait to see if everything is ok and to be able to tell work afterwards. This is baby 2 and I'm huge so I think most people have guessed!
    Im only 13 weeks and already in maternity clothes, I won't mind after tomorrow when I can stop trying to hide it 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

How long did it take for you to get your first appointment after confirming with doc?

Lashes28 wrote: »
    How long did it take for you to get your first appointment after confirming with doc?

Friggin ages! I was 5 weeks gone when I saw the doc and I'll be 14 weeks on sat so 8/9 weeks! I'm going public and I hear they're swamped.

Hi lashes where are you going. I went to my doctor at 8 wks and got my booking in appt in holles St at 12 weeks and just had first consultant appt at 16 weeks. (I'm semi-p so maybe that was why)

I went to the doctor on 13th July (with estimated 7 wks) and he referred me to Holles Street, I got a letter the following week with my first appointment 18th August but I had to cancel same and I got a new one for next week.

I had to ring then for my scan which I got for 5th October 😳

Hi

Is anyone suffering from really bad headaches? I had a headache last week which lasted all week and was worse at night, when I went to the doctor he said it's probably from dehydration and that I could take solpadene if paracetamol wasn't working.

Ive had the headache on and off since last week but it's particularly bad tonight (I realise this screen isn't helping). I took two solpadene over two hours ago and they haven't even taken the edge off this headache. Help :( i have drank at least 3 litres of water today and most days this week so I don't think its dehydration

Did doc take your blood pressure? Be careful its not that,
    I only booked in two weeks ago .So I could be a while waiting lol. Might give them a bell on Monday abd see where I am to get an appointment,might make it seem more real then

• Advertisement

Bayley that sounds awful. Apparently the headaches can be hormone related and more common in early pregnancy and then they go away- hopefully this is the case.
    Lashes is right about the blood pressure tho, did the doc check it for you? If it's related to high blood pressure then they'll need to keep an eye on you. Hope you're feeling better.

Scan on Monday two more sleeps lol

MommaFitz wrote: »
    Bayley that sounds awful. Apparently the headaches can be hormone related and more common in early pregnancy and then they go away- hopefully this is the case.
    Lashes is right about the blood pressure tho, did the doc check it for you? If it's related to high blood pressure then they'll need to keep an eye on you. Hope you're feeling better.

Hi, thanks, ive had my blood pressure taken and it's fine. Was at booking appointment during the week and doctor said headaches can be normal until week 20 so I'll just have to put up with them unfortunately :( headaches havent been as intense this week so hopefully they will stop soon.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Try coconut water? It's meant to be very good for rehydrating - at least some athletes think so.

Official due date 21st. Could make out a little boy shaped lad!90% sure. It all feels real now eek

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭janus83

Hi everyone, just had first hosp scan last week in Naas & dates moved from early March to Feb 29th 2016 so jumping in on the Feb forum if that's okay! Very excited, so tired though .......zzzzzzz!

Feeling pretty crappy atm. My daughter had a vomiting bug all week and I'm after catching it. Not fun at all, even less so when you're pregnant. Feeling very sorry for myself :(

Other than that all is well. 2nd trimester rocks compared to the first!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭janus83

Feeling pretty crappy atm. My daughter had a vomiting bug all week and I'm after catching it. Not fun at all, even less so when you're pregnant. Feeling very sorry for myself :(

Other than that all is well. 2nd trimester rocks compared to the first!

Hope you're feeling a bit better today, that sounds miserable having vomiting bug on top of pregnancy :-(
    Just into second trimester myself & thankful that the nausea is settling down, fingers crossed a bit more energy makes an appearance too this trimester!

Hi Janus, I am feeling better today thanks :)

last night was the first night in a week where no-one in the house vomited! A good night's sleep makes all the difference

• Advertisement

Is anyone feeling like crazy person. My poor partner I keep tearing the head off him literally for just being alive! This morning I was crying driving to work, it's just crazy! 😳

Advertisement