Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hairy baby.com

Options
  • 10-06-2015 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

i ordered a tshirt from them online.i got the tshirt ,i tried it on and it was to small.so i packed it up and sent it back, asking for a refund.

this morning i got an email with photos saying there were marks on the t shirt, that i was getting the tshirt back and i was not getting a refund.

honest to god i opened it up, tried the tshirt on, it was too small and i sent it back.
    anyone know where i stand?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Melendez wrote: »

yes i am within the time.that im absolutely certain of it.

how does the chargeback work?and can they dispute it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Why not ask for the next size?

Maybe becasue it was opened, worn/tried on which left marks on it, and you have sent it back for a refund rather than ask for next size to be sent, they are suspicious.

But in any case, they should, even for good customer relations have refunded and just accepted that now and again a mark will apprear if someone tries somethign on - just like in a normal retail store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Deodorant leaves marks. If the tshirt was too tight it's very likely that deodorant transferred when trying it on

there is no bigger size.

its an rotten situation, its like turning on a brand, newly bought tv when you get it home and it explodes,then being told it's youre fault sorry we can't do anything.

i didn't Mark the t shirt and im being truthful and I'm being told no way your not getting a refund. its my word against theirs.

people go into shops all over the country buy stuff without trying it on. bring it back and get full refund when they find out its not right. no questions asked.

and on the good will side of it yes i agree, it's my first time ordering anything from them, even a credit note would do.
    it's really bad form.

• Advertisement

Did you make sure 100% that you didn't mark it? Depending on the deodorant you use, then it could be stained at the armpits or on the side. Is that where they claimed the mark was?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

crazygeryy wrote: »
    people go into shops all over the country buy stuff without trying it on. bring it back and get full refund when they find out its not right. no questions asked.

Yes, but most of that is just good will from the store. There is no right to return it in that situation. Many shops won't do a full refund. Some only offer exchange or store credit.

Anyway, since you bought it online, you do have some extra rights.

there is no bigger size.

Then they have no option but to refund.
    Did you make sure 100% that you didn't mark it? Depending on the deodorant you use, then it could be stained at the armpits or on the side. Is that where they claimed the mark was?

Makes no difference - customer has to take "reasonable care". Even with resonable care, marks will happen. A fashion store builds this into their costs, especially an online store.

Bad form by hairbaby imo.

look all i can say to you is i opened it i tried it on and i put it back in the packaging when it didn't fit.
    how many times have people in here ordered clothes online tried them on ( which in all cases has to be done unless you've previously bought the same item) and said no it doesn't suit ill send it back.
    i did the same thing with allposters. ie a few months ago. tshirt to big. refund no problem at all.

hairy baby.com are wrong. people have to try stuff on and I'm 100% sure i took very very reasonable care.

Paulw wrote: »
    Yes, but most of that is just good will from the store. There is no right to return it in that situation. Many shops won't do a full refund. Some only offer exchange or store credit.

Anyway, since you bought it online, you do have some extra rights.

at the moment I've disputed it with paypal. if anyone can tell me what else i can do id appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

delahuntv wrote: »
    Then they have no option but to refund.

Makes no difference - customer has to take "reasonable care". Even with resonable care, marks will happen. A fashion store builds this into their costs, especially an online store.

Bad form by hairbaby imo.

Yes, the consumer has to take reasonable care but the consumer can be held liable for any loss in value. If I was the OP I would be looking for details of the marks, i.e. a written description and photographs, so I could see if there was any possibility they could be due to my mishandling. We don't know the nature of the marks so it's possible clause 6b applies and the seller deems the shirt not fit for re-sale.
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2013/en/si/0484.html
    (6) A consumer who is required to return goods to a trader following the exercise of the right to cancel—

(a) shall take reasonable care of the goods prior to returning them, and

(b) is liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling of the goods beyond that necessary to establish their nature, characteristics and functioning.

For example, opening a sealed dust cover would be necessary devaluation, but would sweat stains, deodorant stains, marks picked up from stained hands/surfaces, or over-stretching the material be too?

these are the two photos they sent. the round circles represent the marks.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is that dust or sweat or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

at the moment I've disputed it with paypal. if anyone can tell me what else i can do id appreciate it.

You dont need to do anything else, paypal will find in your favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

wow - THAT is being very very very pedantic. A damp cloth would clear them immediately and what is to say that it wasn't sent out like that?

Jaysus - shame on hairybaby for such poor service.

kbannon wrote: »
    Is that dust or sweat or what?

no idea. the first time i saw it was in the photos like you just did.
    deodorant doesn't even enter into the equation imo because i didn't have it on long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Its a bit all over the place, unopened cant be examined.

Returning an unwanted item
    Every Hairy Baby garment is individually produced before despatch and not bulk produced to ensure every item is examined thoroughly to avoid any faults.

Each customer is entitled to a 7 working day grace period to return an unworn/unopened item for a full (excl *shipping charge) refund. This is to allow the customer time to examine their purchase and decide if they are happy with it or not. We can only refund the credit card used for the original transaction and after we have received the item back into stock. We cannot offer cash as a refund option. We will only refund delivery/postage costs if the return is a result of our error with the item as shipping charges are paid to a third party courier company and are non refundable. We cannot refund an item if it is returned after the grace period.

Unwashed or unworn merchandise may be exchanged for a different size / style / store credit if received within a further 23 days after the 7 day grace period has passed (total returns time of 30 days).

If an item returned is found to be ineligible for return/refund/exchange for reasons stated within these terms, the customer will be responsible for the shipping costs we incur to send the item back.

The returns period has been increased to 14 days.
    1. The right to change your mind

When you shop online you have the right to a “cooling-off” period of 14 calendar days where you can withdraw from the contract and return your purchases to the seller. You do not have to give any reason but bear in mind you may have to pay for the cost of returning the goods.

Please note however that some purchases are not covered by the cooling-off period – for instance, hotel bookings, car rental, travel tickets and other leisure services are specifically excluded from this provision.

Other exceptions include:

Goods which are made to your specifications or which are clearly personalised
    Audio or video recordings or computer software which has been unsealed by the consumer e.g. DVDs, software installation CDs which have the seal removed
    Services that have already begun, with the consumer’s agreement, before the end of the 14-working day period
    Goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly e.g. perishable goods
    Gaming and lottery services
    Goods or services the price of which is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by the supplier
    Where a consumer exercises their right of withdrawal, the trader is obliged to refund them within 14 days.

http://www.eccireland.ie/popular-consumer-topics/shopping-online/

Hairy baby's terms and conds can't supersede distance selling legislation or consumer rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Looks like make up to me which doesn't remove easily

• Advertisement

Looks like make up to me which doesn't remove easily

makeup from whoever packaged it maybe.it certainly wasnt from me.

makeup from whoever packaged it maybe.it certainly wasnt from me.

Its on the neck line so you put on a tight shirt and took off a tight shirt. Presumably it rubbed you. I know taking off tight shirts are inside out catching around the neck.

On balance its your make up imo. I cant see that you have a right to dispute it.

Were you wearing make up when you tried it on?

Its on the neck line so you put on a tight shirt and took off a tight shirt. Presumably it rubbed you. I know taking off tight shirts are inside out catching around the neck.

On balance its your make up imo. I cant see that you have a right to dispute it.

Were you wearing make up when you tried it on?

yea i like to dress up as a geisha from time to time and try on brand new navy t shirts.:rolleyes:

yea i like to dress up as a geisha from time to time and try on brand new navy t shirts.:rolleyes:

Sarcasm doesnt really help your case here. Its a pretty innocous question.

I can see why they told you to forget it.

Maybe next time try it on without the slap.

Sarcasm doesnt really help your case here. Its a pretty innocous question.

I can see why they told you to forget it.

Maybe next time try it on without the slap.

your a funny guy i like that. now go to some other thread and cause trouble ,i believe that's what you do best isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Posters, stay civil please.

PayPal refunded the money at no cost to the seller.
    so hairy baby.com got away lightly,they have a terrible attitude to buisness and customers in my opinion.

PayPal refunded the money at no cost to the seller.
    so hairy baby.com got away lightly,they have a terrible attitude to buisness and customers in my opinion.

At no cost to the seller? Interesting. So who took the hit?

I knew PayPal would find in your favour, but I didnt realise they would let the seller off scot free.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No paypal will claw the money back from the retailer

• Advertisement

well im only going by what they say and they don't mention getting the money from them.

"We've completed our review and decided this case in your favor. Due to the unique circumstances of this case, PayPal is issuing you this refund at no cost to your seller. You will receive a refund. The refund amount should reflect in your PayPal balance within 5 business days, if not sooner. If you paid with a credit card, the money is refunded to your credit card. Please note that it can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement. "

Advertisement