Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawing Cash

Options
  • 10-06-2015 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hello,

I have a question in regard to withdrawing money from my current account. 

I went to my local branch today to let them know I would be withdrawing an amount of cash the following day. I've read the notices regarding amounts above €5,000 requiring 24 hours notice so that's exactly what I popped in to do. 

At the counter I was told by the clerk that they couldn't NEVER allow someone to withdraw the amount I requested. I was told I could get a bank draft or come back everyday to withdraw €5,000 at a time. 

Both these options are not feasible. 
    • I do not want a bank draft, I want the amount of money I have in my account. 
    • I don't want to transfer this money into another account in a different bank. 
    • I also cannot keep returning everyday to withdraw €5,000 and request another €5,000 the following day. 
    [*]

Is there any possible way to withdraw amounts larger than €5,000 in cash? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

tf2 wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a question in regard to withdrawing money from my current account. 

I went to my local branch today to let them know I would be withdrawing an amount of cash the following day. I've read the notices regarding amounts above €5,000 requiring 24 hours notice so that's exactly what I popped in to do. 

At the counter I was told by the clerk that they couldn't NEVER allow someone to withdraw the amount I requested. I was told I could get a bank draft or come back everyday to withdraw €5,000 at a time. 

Both these options are not feasible. 
    • I do not want a bank draft, I want the amount of money I have in my account. 
    • I don't want to transfer this money into another account in a different bank. 
    • I also cannot keep returning everyday to withdraw €5,000 and request another €5,000 the following day. 

[*]

Is there any possible way to withdraw amounts larger than €5,000 in cash? 
    [*]
    Hi tf2,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We would like to look into this for you.

Can we ask that you please send us a private message including your full name, the branch you were in today, a contact phone number for yourself and the amount of cash you were requesting to withdraw from your Bank of Ireland account?

Thank you,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tf2

Hi Tara,

I tried sending you a private message but could not. Was shown this message: "Tara C has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her." - You might look into  that also.

The branch is in Galway. Is it correct that Bank of Ireland will not allow an individual to withdraw over €5,000 at any one time? Regardless of prior notice given? This seems a bit ridiculous to me.

For example: If an individual had say, €100,000 in an account and wished to withdraw all funds and close the account, and if a bank draft was not suitable, going by the information I received today it would take 20 trips to the bank over 20 business working days. That's 4 weeks (longer if there is any bank holidays in the mix).

Or was I talking to a incompetent cash clerk today?

Hi Tara,

I tried sending you a private message but could not. Was shown this message: "Tara C has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her." - You might look into  that also.

The branch is in Galway. Is it correct that Bank of Ireland will not allow an individual to withdraw over €5,000 at any one time? Regardless of prior notice given? This seems a bit ridiculous to me.

For example: If an individual had say, €100,000 in an account and wished to withdraw all funds and close the account, and if a bank draft was not suitable, going by the information I received today it would take 20 trips to the bank over 20 business working days. That's 4 weeks (longer if there is any bank holidays in the mix).

Hi tf2,

To send a private message please see link in my signature below. And we can then look into this for you.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tf2

Hi Tara,

Hi tf2,

To send a private message please see link in my signature below. And we can then look into this for you.

Thanks,

Tara C
    Hi Tara,

Clicking the link you are referring to results in this message being shown:

2m4btw7.jpg

Hi Tara,

Hi tf2,

Thanks,

Tara C
    Hi Tara,

Clicking the link you are referring to results in this message being shown:

2m4btw7.jpg
    Hi tf2,

We have sent you a Private Message here.

If you would like to reply with details we will be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Tara C

• Advertisement
Advertisement