Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

PC Buyers be warned! First reports not good at all, not the same as the PS4 version at all. Very disappointed as I hoped to hop back on the PES bandwagon.

http://www.pcinvasion.com/pes-2016s-misleading-steam-page-and-konamis-unhelpful-pc-silence

http://store.steampowered.com/app/375960/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Belt wrote: »
    Does anyone know when there will be a squad update? Downloaded the game and update file and had a quick look there before work......Van Persie, Di Maria and Falcao all still with Utd

My guess would be tomorrow or even tonight. Disappointing that they're not out already but I suppose makes no difference for my club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

PC Buyers be warned! First reports not good at all, not the same as the PS4 version at all. Very disappointed as I hoped to hop back on the PES bandwagon.

http://www.pcinvasion.com/pes-2016s-misleading-steam-page-and-konamis-unhelpful-pc-silence

http://store.steampowered.com/app/375960/

Ah ffs that ain't good... gameplay is improved though seems like definite false advertising. I pre ordered via G2A though so dont think I can get a refund. But if they release texture packs and stuff I'd be happy enough, wont hold my breath though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Gamestop now advertising it for €59.99 on facebook, doesn't say what console though.

PS3 version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

X1 order despatched on games collection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Was chanrged €76 by amazon this morning.

Hope thats my ani edition sent.

The official PES account just tweeted about the squad updates. They said they're working hard on making sure the online modes work fine and they'll let us know more about the squad update early next week.

Looks like we mightn't get it for a few weeks so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I decided to go for the XB1 over the PC version and ordered from rakuten.co.uk yesterday, got a shipped notification from boss deals within an hour. Hopefully have it in parcel motel for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Konami are a joke. The roster update should be day 1. There is no excuse for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Konami are a joke. The roster update should be day 1. There is no excuse for it.

It's really poor alright. The transfer window is closed nearly 3 weeks and surely it would only take a programmer an afternoon to adjust the rosters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If you have a team of even 5 people, you could switch all the appropriate players around in the space of a day. There really is no excuse.

Baffling.

Colemania wrote: »
    The official PES account just tweeted about the squad updates. They said they're working hard on making sure the online modes work fine and they'll let us know more about the squad update early next week.

Looks like we mightn't get it for a few weeks so

What a joke, so i wont be able to play master league until they pull their finger out.

Great job konami.

At least fifa has the abilty to do weekly squad updates, while pes cant even do up to date squads for release day.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    What a joke, so i wont be able to play master league until they pull their finger out.

Great job konami.

At least fifa has the abilty to do weekly squad updates, while pes cant even do up to date squads for release day.

Very annoying but that's the price you pay for a great game. Would rather they focused on gameplay than squad updates to be honest which they have done but I'm still confused as to why there needs to be a data pack rather than a standard update to update transfers and the like. If they had updated the squads as they went along it would have been easier but maybe there were some late changes to the game whereby they had to reset the data. Who knows!

All I know is that every year there's something with the release of PES be it squad updates, online modes not working or something else entirely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

It's always something. I love PES so much but there's always something that will drive ya crazy.

I personally don't mind the squad updates though. I usually play cup competitions until I've the option file sorted and everything updated. After a few weeks and I've gotten the hang of it I'll then start my Master League.

Looks like they're trying to make amends already. 10000 free GP per day in my club for a whole week. To be honest i'll probably hold on to most of it until they release the agents. No point wasting it on the standard ones. I won't use my neymar loan until I get a good team too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

You can tell who the Fifa players coming over anyway.....Relax its not game breaking it takes an hour to get all the major transfers done anyway , and if you want to do the minor ones laptop open and work away will take no time , and will tide ya over till the official update

PES has always been more about the gameplay and I'd rather that to be up to scratch than anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

You can tell who the Fifa players coming over anyway.....Relax its not game breaking it takes an hour to get all the major transfers done anyway , and if you want to do the minor ones laptop open and work away will take no time , and will tide ya over till the official update

PES has always been more about the gameplay and I'd rather that to be up to scratch than anything else

I dont play Fifa. There is absolutely no excuse for not having a squad update ready to go for launch. I have been puting up with this **** from Konami for years and i am starting to get sick of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

When you're paying €60+ for a product you'd expect it to be updated and ready to go upon release. Konami are a joke of a company. Constantly hiring complete morons to manage these projects and their PR is even worse, Adam Bhatti has really proven himself to be a complete PR nightmare for Konami.

As usual PES is rushed out to be released before FIFA and we're left with an unfinished game. Option Files were supposed to be fully functioning in this years edition and it was culled to meet the release date.

They're nearly as bad as EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

glued wrote: »
    When you're paying €60+ for a product you'd expect it to be updated and ready to go upon release. Konami are a joke of a company. Constantly hiring complete morons to manage these projects and their PR is even worse, Adam Bhatti has really proven himself to be a complete PR nightmare for Konami.

As usual PES is rushed out to be released before FIFA and we're left with an unfinished game. Option Files were supposed to be fully functioning in this years edition and it was culled to meet the release date.

They're nearly as bad as EA.

How has Adam Bhatti been a PR nightmare?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Had planned to get this for PC, thanks for nothing konami, yet again you screw pc users over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

No update from Parcel Motel :(

You do realise that EA is a multi billion dollar company ....So to say Konami are as bad as them is unfair Konami don't have half the resources EA do and the fact that they have managed to catch up with Fifa again and create a better playing game is a monumental achievement in itself

You do realise that EA is a multi billion dollar company ....So to say Konami are as bad as them is unfair Konami don't have half the resources EA do and the fact that they have managed to catch up with Fifa again and create a better playing game is a monumental achievement in itself

Hardly an excuse for THE most powerful gaming platform to have THE worst visuals.

Meh.. It'll take an hour max to do the squad updates. I actually kind of enjoy doing a bit of editing before playing.

I'd rather spend 2 hours editing Pes and having a great game instead of being stuck with another Fifa DLC.

Who's talking about Visuals ????

Who's talking about Visuals ????

Us PC users who were hoping for better, graphics not up to even the level of PS4 or XB1 is criminal.

I understand maybe your speaking about the console version which is fine but the PC version is unacceptable.

Dcully wrote: »
    Us PC users who were hoping for better, graphics not up to even the level of PS4 or XB1 is criminal.

I understand maybe your speaking about the console version which is fine but the PC version is unacceptable.

Ah right fair enough my bad yeah I was talking about the console version , That's pretty poor but from my PES expeirience down through the years its been predominantly a console game so the mistreatment of PC users doesn't surprise me

To be fair FIFA for years had a gimped version for PC players. Only recently they got FIFA on par.

Or did they?

I play both games every year and not having updated squads for release is unnaceptable.

They may aswell call it the pes 2016 beta.

And working on online things instead of doing squads, the game has been released. The game should be 100% complete.

• Advertisement

Had planned to get this for PC, thanks for nothing konami, yet again you screw pc users over.

They announced a month or 2 ago the the PC version wouldn't be the same game visually. Still bad enough from them

Advertisement