Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I've bought both games the past few years too and while PES15 was much improved I found the online gameplay very laggy and thats if you could actually get a game in the 1st place. I mainly like to play online against real players and FIFA does that almost flawlessly.

I'll buy PES16 this year, maybe in a few weeks and see where its at but Konami are so un-professional it's unreal.
    They never seem to learn anything from their mistakes. Same problems year after year.

Okay, their budget is nothing like EA's but that's no excuse in this day and age for things like rosters and online servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's not a dealbreaker by any means, but to release a football game with out of date squads a full fortnight after a transfer window closes is very lazy.

That's when the window closed, not when it opened. It's not like they could only start updating on September 2nd, they've had all summer to keep it up to date and then two weeks to finalise it.

I think the remarks/defences of "oh you can see the FIFA players" and the "size of Konami v EA" are absolute BS. It's not some elaborate code that has come up broken post-release or something unforeseen, it's something that is very simple to do that has been lazily left incomplete. Konami are not as big as EA, but it's not like it's six lads in an apartment stringing something together. They've known for months the release date.

Again, I'm not outraged or claiming i won't buy it, gameplay is key for me, but it is 100% indefensibly lazy and poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭breeno

HMV Henry St told me €44.99 for PS3, €54.99 for PS4. Quite good for a shop price I thought? I'm away this weekend but will pick up ps3 copy next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Okay that's fair enough I suppose I've been playing Fifa for the last few years and switching back to PES i sort of expect these kind of things , that's probably why it doesn't bother me too much

Sure we only signed 1 player anyway so i'll be done in 20 seconds lol

But yeah I wasn't defending it really, I just expected it so I'm not going to get bent out out of shape by, I did buy it thinking the option file thing would be in aswell , but look at least i can update the kids that's fine for now

But yeah I wasn't defending it really, I just expected it so I'm not going to get bent out out of shape by, I did buy it thinking the option file thing would be in aswell , but look at least i can update the kids that's fine for now

I mean that is one thing that really offsets some issues is that you could legitimately play PES for years and keep kits updated and rosters updated or even through a few classic kits in.

EA still doesn't allow creation centre still which I find baffling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I think the next thing that could get people riled up is if they add custom kits and badges and the data pack messes it all up....

I'm gonna hold off customising anything until after the first data pack anyway but i'll do some of the major transfers too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

tigger123 wrote: »
    How has Adam Bhatti been a PR nightmare?

Check out some of the PES forums and you'll see exactly what a disaster he has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

glued wrote: »
    Check out some of the PES forums and you'll see exactly what a disaster he has been.

Could you give one example?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Could you give one example?

Banning people who asked why the option file on PS4 couldn't be done even though he said it could.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

Hate asking stupid question but not being tech savvy could some one explain how to download kits onto usb or post video tutorial here .I know good ones wont be available until tomorrow eve like pes worlds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

glued wrote: »
    When you're paying €60+ for a product you'd expect it to be updated and ready to go upon release. Konami are a joke of a company. Constantly hiring complete morons to manage these projects and their PR is even worse, Adam Bhatti has really proven himself to be a complete PR nightmare for Konami.

As usual PES is rushed out to be released before FIFA and we're left with an unfinished game. Option Files were supposed to be fully functioning in this years edition and it was culled to meet the release date.

They're nearly as bad as EA.

Adam Bhatti isn't as bad as most people make him out to be, his hands are tied by Konami on what he can and can't say. The game has improved massively since he became involved and I'd imagine it's partly due to his feedback.

PES used to be perfected on launch when Konami released winning eleven and used it as a beta for the european version, now with downloadable updates they can just release the product and tweak it as they go along.
    The gameplay is phenomenal anyway it's just the transfers and kits that are unfinished on launch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

brady12 wrote: »
    Hate asking stupid question but not being tech savvy could some one explain how to download kits onto usb or post video tutorial here .I know good ones wont be available until tomorrow eve like pes worlds

I think there's a how-to video on YouTube or else WE Blog has one, but I'm sure you make a folder titled WEPES and drop the imagines in there, could be wrong tho

My copy is in the Dublin depot! :D

308141225664066da85e95753e6105a1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    My copy is in the Dublin depot! :D

308141225664066da85e95753e6105a1.png

Who did you order from?

Who did you order from?

The Games Collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Playing a champions league tournament now, had to drop RVP, Di Maria and a few other lads who've left Utd. Is update file due tomorrow?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    The Games Collection.

They're great aren't they? Getting all my pre-orders from them now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Anybody with the game play online yet ? Any lag ? Is it easy and quick to get a game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Playing a champions league tournament now, had to drop RVP, Di Maria and a few other lads who've left Utd. Is update file due tomorrow?

Next week at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

QikBax wrote: »
    Next week at the earliest.

Thanks for that, Valencia at RB is getting the bullet next week so!! Rojo is really quick, presume that'll be downgraded next week too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

I got PES 16 for PC last night. It feels like a much more polished version of 15, with a few niggle flaws. I've played give or take around 15 games, probably a 50/50 split online/v AI.

A few musings.

NEGATIVES
    - The commentary is very poor. It's the same generic lines before each game, who do you think will be influential Jim? Or shouting the name of player that's shooting very loudly. I've only played a few games of it and it's already annoying. Very little variation.

- Goalkeeper throws, one of my few major gripes with gameplay. I've seen a few of the top keepers' throw well into the opposition half.

- It's disappointing that the squads are out of date and that there isn't a day 1 update. This is unacceptable. It doesn't matter if you're a FIFA player or a PES player.

- While the graphics are more than passable and I haven't a huge issue, it is definitely disappointing that PC graphics aren't on par with their next-gen console counterparts.

- I find it's quite easy to score and that keepers' rarely come out and make world class saves. A lot of the games I've played have had very high scores. Even online. This is probably subjective however.

- Fouling will be a massive problem in the game. You have to nearly commit murder to actually foul someone in PES. I've played 15+ games and I haven't seen a red card yet. On many occasions I've been totally cleaned out by tackles (and vice versa) and a free wasn't even awarded, nevermind a yellow card.

POSITIVES
    - I've always been a PES fan, and I've been waiting for a PES game to be released that you could legitimately compare to the olden days when gameplay was king. I think this is finally the one. It's not at the same level, but for the most part, it's a very solid football sim.

- The actual matches you play are enjoyable. The flow of the game feels unique but very satisfying.

- There's tons of new animations and little things you notice and say wow, that's impressive, which I can't say for PES games in recent years.

- The games I've played online have ran smoothly with the exception of one, and that was probably an issue on the opponents end. I wasn't waiting for ages for online games or anything like that.

- It's not as linear as previous games, you could ping a ball into space near nobody, it doesn't always just blindly roll to opposition or teammates. Likewise, crosses don't always find a man and there are more options and eventualities.

- Jockeying for possession and tackling feels more real and rewarding, it's more physical. There's tons of different animations for tackles, jostles, interceptions and the very odd foul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Ive been out of the loop for a bit but is there a chance of the likes of the pesedit community releasing high res textures for the pc version

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Is there any chance of the Xbox One getting community edits ?

Did anyone play my club yet? My starter player in the tutorial was luisao, 75 rated, in a black ball! F**k sake! I took James Rodriguez on loan for 7 games. Could have had Bale or aguero but would have only had them for 5

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Obviously wasn't paying attention when I pre-ordered this for PC, didn't know it wasn't the same as the Xbox/PS4 version. Goes some way to explain why it was only 25 quid on cdkeys. Serves me right for breaking my vow not to pre-order games!

Bit of a bummer, especially as I got really excited reading the reviews the last few days. Installing it now, will give some impressions after I've played a few games.

Still, option files was a big draw in getting it for the PC over my Xbox One so at least I'll have that...

Woooo just picked it up from Parcel Motel thanks to The Game Collection.

Can't wait to give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Belt

Colemania wrote: »
    Did anyone play my club yet? My starter player in the tutorial was luisao, 75 rated, in a black ball! F**k sake! I took James Rodriguez on loan for 7 games. Could have had Bale or aguero but would have only had them for 5

I got Lavezzi, 74 I think.

Played two online games in My Club....lost 6-5 and won 5-3, like a schoolyard game, goalkeepers are non-existant

Maybe its just me, but trying to defend is an absolute nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gaillimh

Would there be much of a difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So like all does getting this via Parcel Motel , what are the ETA for those who just got it delivered regular style ? Tomorow ?

• Advertisement

Belt wrote: »
    I got Lavezzi, 74 I think.

Played two online games in My Club....lost 6-5 and won 5-3, like a schoolyard game, goalkeepers are non-existant

Maybe its just me, but trying to defend is an absolute nightmare

Ya i heard the keepers are awful. Hopefully it'll be fixed.

Got ibrahimovic as my team of the year player. Then got isco and maxwell as my 2 free players for having 2 90+ rated players last year

Advertisement