Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Just played thro a champions league group there on the second from top level.

Played with United just using default tactics but took out any players they've sold. One up front makes it difficult to create chances so I'd probably tinker with that, tho the extra midfielders make keeping possession easier.

The game plays very nicely. Passing is crisp especially on a wet pitch. Shooting is varied from long range efforts to slide rule finishes. My radar is a bit off yet tho.

Headers are also a good way to get efforts on target from crosses, tho I've not scored a header from a corner yet ( did a lot in demo).

Physical tussles for the ball are fun, players seem to slip less than in demo.

Commentary is not bad, tho the shouty name bit for close efforts is a bit annoying.

Happy overall, tho player database needs to be updated asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Belt

Anyone know where I can list of who the fake teams are supposed to be?

Also are the PAS, PEU and PLA leaguea supposed to represent any particular real leagues?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Belt wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can list of who the fake teams are supposed to be?

Also are the PAS, PEU and PLA leaguea supposed to represent any particular real leagues?

I think they are all totally made up mate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

• Registered Users Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Lots of people upset about the port to PC, given it appears to be aport of the PS3/X360 version of the game, rather than the PS4 version.

If that's the case, nah. I can live without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Really enjoying it so far (I think).

Have played three games and in each of the games it's been all square until the last few minutes when the computer scores on me with their second or third shot of the game. Every time I have equalised more or less instantly which is really strange.

Penalties are abysmal as is the absolutely dire commentary.

General gameplay is great fun though. Referees seem to not want to give any yellow cards whatsoever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭garrixfan

The penalties and shooting are unforgivable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Belt wrote: »
    I got Lavezzi, 74 I think.

Played two online games in My Club....lost 6-5 and won 5-3, like a schoolyard game, goalkeepers are non-existant

Maybe its just me, but trying to defend is an absolute nightmare

I was the same. I gets better though. The keeper I started conceded nearly every shot so I made getting a good keeper a priority and in my first spin I got Courtois.

I was delighted getting him until I played him in goals. He was pretty much the same as the 50 something I started with bar long shots.

But its all got to do with team spirit and having those tactical links. I stuck with it and got my team spirit up and he is playing more like an 87 rated keeper should.

Don't forget that the more games you play with one manager with players the more tactical links you will get over time. Pretty sure that having them on the bench but not coming on as a sub counts towards getting the team spirit up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 IvanRakitic

selfies are savage

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Belt

I was the same. I gets better though. The keeper I started conceded nearly every shot so I made getting a good keeper a priority and in my first spin I got Courtois.

I was delighted getting him until I played him in goals. He was pretty much the same as the 50 something I started with bar long shots.

But its all got to do with team spirit and having those tactical links. I stuck with it and got my team spirit up and he is playing more like an 87 rated keeper should.

Don't forget that the more games you play with one manager with players the more tactical links you will get over time. Pretty sure that having them on the bench but not coming on as a sub counts towards getting the team spirit up too.

What's the best way of getting team spirit up? Is it just a matter of playing games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

What I've been doing is playing games with my 60 something rated players with my good players on the bench so they end up getting more tactical links with my manager. Play in the novice cup against the AI or even SIM some games.

I was playing in a cup against the AI last night and in the final it went to extra time, and when I took the lead at something like 110 minutes I ended up knocking the ball about just to see out the clock and I'm not one bit ashamed of it. The AI is great playing against.

Also if anyone gets Danny Ings, play him. He is a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

What I've been doing is playing games with my 60 something rated players with my good players on the bench so they end up getting more tactical links with my manager. Play in the novice cup against the AI or even SIM some games.

I was playing in a cup against the AI last night and in the final it went to extra time, and when I took the lead at something like 110 minutes I ended up knocking the ball about just to see out the clock and I'm not one bit ashamed of it. The AI is great playing against.

Also if anyone gets Danny Ings, play him. He is a beast.

I have no intention of using the likes of James Rodriguez and Neymar (the loans) yet until I have a food team assembled. I'll probably use maxwell and isco alright and asenjo who I got as my keeper

Postman is gone... No pes till Monday ��

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

So like all does getting this via Parcel Motel , what are the ETA for those who just got it delivered regular style ? Tomorow ?

I'm hoping mine comes today via regular post from the games collection .

We've no Saturday post which is a killer

brady12 wrote: »
    Hate asking stupid question but not being tech savvy could some one explain how to download kits onto usb or post video tutorial here .I know good ones wont be available until tomorrow eve like pes worlds

Here are the links for the PES 2016 PS4 files & kit packs.

You need to extract the file you download into a folder named WEPES and then put onto a USB stick

PES+WORLD+PES+2016+LEAGUE+AND+COMPETITION+LOGOS

PES+WORLD+PES+2016+PREMIER+LEAGUE+PACK

Here is a video tutorial.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Postman is gone... No pes till Monday ��

When was it dispatched?

Wednesday around 12ish I got the email

Ah sh1t, mine was dispatched same time.
    It looks like Irish post orders will miss out until Monday.
    I thought once PM customers got theirs yesterday regular post would arrive today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gonna pick this up after work today if I can, I think

• Advertisement

If it doesn't get delivered today. I might just buy in xtravision today and then when my copy arrives in post Monday return that to xtravision with receipt for money back.

That should work :P

Yeah mine was the same. I wont be able to check until after work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Holding off on this until I hear what the online is like. It's a deal breaker for me as I never play v. the AI.

Last year the reactions of the players was a touch slower online and the game just felt less fluid than the offline mode. I can't trust Konami to get it right for it to be an immediate purchase.

Say what you want about Fifa, and it definitely has it's faults, but the online mechanics are pretty flawless.

So did anyone who ordered from the games collection get their copy?

I think Mr Blobby got his today via PM
    Mr Blobby wrote: »
    My copy is in the Dublin depot! :D

308141225664066da85e95753e6105a1.png

I think Mr Blobby got his today via PM

If that arrived at PM yesterday then an post must have got them aswell. Very surprised no one has got their copy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

Would ye say it be pointless editing kits before the roster update ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Delivered to my PM last night at 11pm

Nothing arrived in my post today :(.
    I think I will just buy it in store and return next week when my copy comes from game collection :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

If it doesn't get delivered today. I might just buy in xtravision today and then when my copy arrives in post Monday return that to xtravision with receipt for money back.

That should work :P

You won't get a refund unless it's faulty. Receipt and sealed won't matter.

Advertisement