Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

How's everyone finding playing online? Laggy for anyone?

Seems to be quite a lot of input lag. But that's most likely my 2mb connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

No same for me, I timed it and it's at least a quarter of a second, 250 ping equivalent. ridiculous but I have no other option but to play online. It may vary with who yer opponent is, that's why I'm interested in trying it with people on here in the same region.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Got it yesterday morning.
    Beast of a game, wont be bothering with fifa this year at all. Neither are the house mates which is a suprisr..all gone to pes.

Only think thats bothering me ks the lack of fouls..but on the flip side its not as frustrating as giving away a penalty without even using a tackle button in fifa.

Got alaba in my my myclub. Happy enough with that.

Have gerrard and tiago (athletico) in dmf. Eto and drimic up front. Driimic is very good.

Iv got hammered 8-0 and 7-4 etc but im fairly sure thats down to my piss poor defending and my rash decisions after a few beers...as opposed to the keepers being ****e.

Had one game lag for 20seconds...other then that no issued getting a game or lag. Xbox one on wired 80mb connection.

Using the top end players you can score some beautufil goals. Benzema seems to always chip in with a fancy flick or a classly volley with the ball coming at a nice height.

Robben plays very like robben. Thiagos dribbling is amazing...glides past people.

Can score some stunning free kicks to if placed well.

Overall id put it as the best football game iv played in a long time. Few niggly issues but other then that its class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

garrixfan wrote: »
    The game is absolte ****, what a waste of 60 quid, honestly pes 08 was better. You can hit the ball from anywhere and it goes in, just had a 8-6 game with my mate.

Turn off all the assisted settings. Seriously. You've not right to be criticising a game for being too easy when you're allowing the computer to do the hardest part for you.

Hi guys. I notice a lot of you talking about what player you for in myClub. How do I 'activate' mine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Andrew 83 wrote: »
    Yeah do, I'm the same with offline, I've never even tried my club

Well, played a few games and really enjoying it.
    If you've played PES2015, you'll notice a lot of improvements.

However, lack of fouls are an issue.
    There's still moments where it seems 'on rails' or just odd movements.
    I guess being such a PES06 fan, that was the ultimate for responsiveness and movement, but PES2016 is a totally different game.
    There are some amazing build up play / approaches / scoring chances / animations etc...

Despite any negatives so far, I really think this is the best PES I've played in ages.
    Playing with top teams seems to be over powered, so I actually am getting more enjoyment playing with middle-to-low teams.

Really looking forward to getting immersed into a BAL or even just a league tournament, since online and myClub don't take my interest at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

How is the editing coming along for everyone so far?

Can I store music on my PS4 and play it as background music instead of this dross?

glued wrote: »
    How is the editing coming along for everyone so far?

I got the Premier League strips, logos/emblems and managers done yesterday. I'm not bothered doing transfers. Gonna just wait for an update.

The whole thing is a bit laborious, but it's hugely satisfying when it's done. There's something subversive about bypassing the licensing restrictions. A nice little two-fingered salute to EA!

As always, I played the first few hours on assisted settings just to get the juices flowing, but as of today I'm on manual. It makes it a completely different game, as expected. I haven't really put any serious time into a football game in 3-4 years, so it's gonna take me a while to get used to it all again, particulalry shooting, but I couldn't imagine playing the game any other way, bar the odd beer-session with my mates.

This time around I noticed that manual really forces you to make the best of each player's individual attributes. I was playing with Everton just now and Lukaku's strength was essential in being able to hold up the play while other attacking players moved into favourable positions. The same is true on assisted settings, but there if you run into trouble you can just ping the ball out wide and you've a good chance of coming onto it. But with manual you really need to be sure of the pass because otherwise you'll sacrifice possession. Manual play really brings all these little mini battles to the fore.

While we're on the subject. What are the 'industry standard' manual settings? Are people turning off the teammate tackle assist as well? How about the through ball indicator? I'm still using the latter but I expect I'll turn it off at some stage just for another level of joy/frustration.

Finally, what's the story with myClub and manual settings? I notice that you can search for games with similar pass settings, but it says nothing about shot assistance. I'm only an average manual player at this stage, and I'll get absolutely mauled if I'm playing against people using shot assistance.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Play on manual shooting for more of a challenge because you have to line up the shot properly. The goalkeepers aren't all world class but if you let the striker get space for a shot you can't expect them to save everything.

Every year in PES people have problems defending and its mainly caused by being impatient and pressing too much. If your conceding 6 or 8 goals in a game there's definitely something wrong with your defending. Don't rush into tackles and force the opponent away from goals or step inside and force them towards the byline, never rush in with a defender if it leaves a gap.

Use pressure to make your teammate chase down the ball carrier and manually track the run of the striker with your CB if you struggle defending through balls. Most importantly when using pressure make sure you don't have 2 players out of position because of it as 1 pass can split you open.

Mess around with different tactics and find the right team balance then save the ones that work,before a game look into team settings in the tactical option and change the defence compactness and pressing area depending on the opposition formation.

The only game I conceded more than 2 goals was last night where I went full retard against Royal Irish and played 3 at the back and 2 in midfield. I spanked some lad 7-1 last night because he was clearly using pressure all game long and 1-2 passes exploited the giant gaps he left open by having 2 players chasing the ball.

Overall, is there a greater emphasis on the tactical side in this version over PES2015?

Hopefully my copy is arriving from Games Collection tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

I'm still unsure on the keepers and ref, the only two problems I can see in an otherwise great game. Despite this I've noticed poorer opposition do miss sitters and 1v1's and I suppose it's realistic that top teams will punish you in the area more times than not. In some ways this can be annoying but it really emphasises the need for alert defending and positioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Played my first match in seasons mode there with Borrusia Monchengladbach and lost 4-1 against Chelsea. It was 2-1 until the 85th minute but i got a guy sent off just before that and the flood gates opened.

I have to say though, gameplay is just superb. My keeper played very well in fairness, parried a few shots a bit short but not as bad as some people make out. Also, for every foul I committed that was a clear yellow, I indeed got a yellow. Also when he was through on goal with nobody in defence, I flattened him and rightly got a red. So again, nothing wrong with the lack of fouls or bookings for me.

Slide tackles are brilliant, almost too good, but I put in some awful risky ones in the box and won the ball perfectly. Really enjoying this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

Has any one got it for the Xbox 360. I liked the demo but how is the online play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

PEs is definitely one of those games where you have an epic match you want to tell your mates... Played it the other evening friendly online game until the teams are updated.

I picked Everton just for the crack(would never do that in Fifa) and i got paired against Real Madrid.. I thought here we go now.

10 mins in he goes 1-0 up(I thought he was going to batter me , passing to bale and Ronaldo ripping me apart on the wings)

I equalised quite soon after with Aaron Lennon playing an unbelievable cross to the back post met by the head of McGeady. I went 2-1 up before half time with a pen from Lukaku who nearly broke the net.

Then it happened straight after HT he scored two early goals with Ronaldo and Benzema 3-2 now, I was thinking this is PES anything can happen here. I equalised some stage in the 60th min with Lukaku with a glancing header with another cross from McGeady this time. 3-3!!

80th min comes he scores again with Ronaldo 4-3, having come back twice from being behind i equalised on the 85th with Barkley with an absolute belter.

Made some subs brought Mirallas on for Lennon , Pienaar for Mcgeady and Kone for Lukaku.. This guy was tearing me apart attack after attack and Everton were on the ropes it was his game here i thought.

HE breaks down the middle peppering my goals with shots one after another 90+3 with 4 added on , Jagielka makes an unbelievable block , falls to Barry who sprays it out to Coleman and with the pass of all passes finds Mirallas who runs through on goal and i was thinking this is mine to fcuk up now , runs past Marcelo cuts into the box smashes it into top corner. 5-4!!!! 90+6 on the kick off and final whistle went.

This is why i love PES that does not happen in fifa :D

Great to hear all you manual converts! I've been doing it since fifa 08 and I was surprised it hadn't caught on in years gone past. To make a comparison, how crap would rocket league be if it aimed your hits for ye?

For the person who asked about lag on 360, I'm beginning to think it could be the wireless connection for me. As I said, there is currently input lag (not game-freezing type lag, it's all smooth, but with a delay). I can test with an ethernet cable today so I'll report back.

After a few games, and being someone who played 2015, the difference is huge in terms of the feel. The defenders do what you want them to for the most part. There are less instances of 'FCUKING BULLSH!T!' because the mistakes are your own generally.

I prefer less fouls being given because it works for you and against you, and overall it stops the game being destroyed by constant stopping. Having said that, maybe I'll change my opinion after more games.

Again, if anyone on xbox wants to try a few games, being in the same region might be better for reducing input lag so add me

luv ulongtime69 (with a space)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I could never play FIFA on manual. The passing system really wasn't good enough to make it useful.

Totally different story with PES.
    I haven't started Master League because i want all the transfers up to date. Did start BAL though. Started in the Eredivisie with Roda JC Kerkrade. My player is a SS that can also play Attacking mid.

6 goals in 6 games has made me a consistent starter for the squad. I would suggest player on Top Player or Superstar to get the most of your team mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Being playing a bit in MyClub

I got Neymar & Aguero but won the last few games by at least 7 goals.
    How do I increase difficulty and remove assisted passing/shooting

Being playing a bit in MyClub

I got Neymar & Aguero but won the last few games by at least 7 goals.
    How do I increase difficulty and remove assisted passing/shooting

You can change your settings in the 'team select' screen before a game (the one with the PS4 controller on screen). Just press Square. Go through the various settings. It will be obvious which are the manual settings.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭garrixfan

what cam do you guys use?

Having a problem importing items in data management.
    When I go data management and "Import images" it just says "Which USB storage do you want to use ?
    But I doesn't show up the USB to select.

The USB is formatted to FAT32 & Folder created called WEPES with all the content inside :(
    I have the USB then folder called WEPES > IMAGES

And nothing showing still :(
    tyrion1234 wrote: »
    Yeah just name the folder WEPES and put everything in there. No need for a PS4 Folder
    Here is the way I have it on USB

I was told on pesworld forums to do the following

"DELETE the instruction file off your USB stick.... it will not work with it on there!!!

Only have the files you wish to import.. NOT THE INSTRUCTIONS! "

* But I don't have them on the USB and still not recognizing the USB.

I have nothing on the usb except the following

USB > WEPES > all image .png files.

It still wont leave me select the USB in data management

Here is the video clip of whats happening

I'm stumped on this :(

garrixfan wrote: »
    what cam do you guys use?

Dynamic wide. I just can't get used to anything else. I used to love the blimp for spreading the ball about, but with the improved dribbling and tackling it's vital to be able to see what you're doing.

Having a problem importing items in data management.
    When I go data management and "Import images" it just says "Which USB storage do you want to use ?
    But I doesn't show up the USB to select.

The USB is formatted to FAT32 & Folder created called WEPES with all the content inside :(

Found a solution on pesworld

"I don't know if this will help or if it's just me but I've been doing this regularly now and it seems to work all the time.

*Go into data management and click the type of images you want to upload, WITHOUT the USB stick in the ps4 yet.

*When you get the message about what USB you want to use, then put your USB in. Nothing will happen most likely.

*Then come back out and go back to the same screen. My USB has been showing up every time I've tried this."

works great :D

The only real problem areas for me so far are the fouling and, almost inevitably, the commentary. However, neither are straight-forward failures.

First, the fouling. It's quite clear to everyone that the 'ref' is letting too much go. However, given the ability to intricately dribble past players, I feel that if every foul was called then the game would be too stop/start. Konami have form when it comes to erratic referees, but in this instance there seems to be a method to their madness. I'll never be totally sold on it, but at least the flow of the game isn't disrupted. They need to find a better balance from next year onward, but I think I can see what they're aiming for.

Second, the commentary. Much has been said about how polished FIFA's commentary is every year. And rightly so. It's brilliantly produced. However, I actually prefer Konami's stye. I just wished they'd do it better. I don't want those really solemn conversations between Martin Tyler and Alan Smith about the construction of the Emirates or the legacy of Alex Ferguson, especially when you're hearing them for the 200th time. What I want is some basic commentary telling me who's on the ball, with a bit of analysis of the big moments in the game. That's essentially what Konami do, but they just mess it up time and time again. Peter Drury and Jim Beglin seemed to have been in different solar systems when their contributions were recorded. Drury also seems to have ingested some of that base speed I had at Oxegen in 2007, while Beglin settled for the soggy ketamine that I once picked up in the Twisted Pepper. So for next year my advice is this: take the same drugs and sit in the same room.

Finding it hard to get a game online, 'Checking Connection Status' and 'Searching for Opponent' repeatedly. My internet works grand for everything else

Am I the only one here who finds online unplayable?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Am I the only one here who finds online unplayable?

I've played a good few games over the last 2 days and it's been grand. With upc for Internet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I've had a few games online and the lag was horrendous. I've fibre broadband with 20ms ping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

I cant say i havent had a single problem yet with online to be honest 100mb fibre with eircom no issues

Advertisement