Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I don't care even though I've always been PES through-and-through. I never bother with these glorified expansion packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

callaway92 wrote: »
    I don't care even though I've always been PES through-and-through. I never bother with these glorified expansion packs.

I presume it means it's going to be part of the final build of the game?
    Would be a nice touch if so.
    Will that mean more licensed national teams included, or just the rights to the 'cup' branding etc... though?

Looking forward to the demo for this.... like any damn PES beforehand! :D
    Was impressed with last years effort, but didn't quite enjoy it the way I'd hoped. Still haven't play a soccer game as feverishly as PES06...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Loved the old PES games...back in the good old days!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

ah the good old days

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

also new trailer

https://twitter.com/officialpes/status/609390495178035200

edit: also a lets play video of a demo build, shows team tactics menus improvements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnVoaaN12BM&feature=youtu.be

Didn't like that trailer. Like the FIFA ones, there's too much sh*t in there that nobody does in game or in real life (Fancy flicks over the head and then finished on the volley). Just show us passing, movement and defending.

The commentary sounds better. That is the only thing I liked.

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I presume it means it's going to be part of the final build of the game?
    Would be a nice touch if so.

I didn't even think of it that way actually. Nice little add-on if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

callaway92 wrote: »
    I didn't even think of it that way actually. Nice little add-on if so.

it won't be part of pes 2016 but maybe as DLC round the time of the tournament.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-05-konami-scores-euro-2016-license-for-pes

it won't be part of pes 2016 but maybe as DLC round the time of the tournament.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-05-konami-scores-euro-2016-license-for-pes

Shame.
    Hope that's a free DLC though!!

Has anyone heard the commentary yet?
    Is it this Jim Beglin and that other lad? Really would have hoped for an overhaul this year! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Any word on the advanced shooting? It was fairly broke in PES2015, hopefully it works a lot better in this version

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Demo out tomorrow.
    Wonder what the DL size will be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Demo out tomorrow.
    Wonder what the DL size will be?

its out now in new zealand so i set up a nz account. downloading now. its file size is 3.3gb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

its out now in new zealand so i set up a nz account. downloading now. its file size is 3.3gb :)

Only on PSN though. I switched to NZ on my Xbox One and still nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

On the Irish PSN store now

On Xbox UK store now.

First thoughts?

Downloading tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

10/10 Played some beautiful football and scored some unreal goals. Flow of the game is even better than last year with the improved ball physics new animations and collision system

10/10 Played some beautiful football and scored some unreal goals. Flow of the game is even better than last year with the improved ball physics new animations and collision system

nnngghhh!! don't tease me!!
    an improvement of flow and ball physics would be sweet.
    Looking forward to having a go tonight, although I'm only on Xbox 360

giphy.gif

10/10 for me. Myself and Ray Pest were up until 6am this morning playing it. The game is just beautiful.

10/10 for me. Myself and Ray Pest were up until 6am this morning playing it. The game is just beautiful.

seriously lads?
    Any flaws?l
    Shooting and all feel good?
    Up there with PES06?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQN4fMQtZeONzrmrwmFYGJAsrLplrXia1T9NAyuLccRBtGdKNcThQixCbQ

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »
    seriously lads?
    Any flaws?l
    Shooting and all feel good?
    Up there with PES06?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQN4fMQtZeONzrmrwmFYGJAsrLplrXia1T9NAyuLccRBtGdKNcThQixCbQ

It's similiar to last years game but better animations and movement changes the attacks drastically. Little rabona flicks and natural first touches keeps the attacking flow quick and looking silky. Slide tackles are brilliant and the collision system is a huge improvement for defending.
    Cool little trick I figured out is you can dummy passes using Y and then A/triangle+X.
    Only flaws so far are strikers don't come short for passes and Goalkeepers positioning can be sketchy for deflections.
    Although last years demo Goalkeepers were septic compared to the final version.

Shooting is beautiful, play on manual shooting it's so much better especially with the new animations pulling off a volley looks lethal.

http://i.imgur.com/VJvYfbF.gifv

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

not a good time to be away from my ps4 for a week :(

how are keepers on top level?

not a good time to be away from my ps4 for a week :(

how are keepers on top level?

Keeper animations are brilliant, they pull off a lot more acrobatic saves. Their positioning can be dodgy time to time though, they're a lot more mobile this year rather than staying static on their line like last years game.

Fake shots still work very easily against keepers on top level, i scored a goal with Neymar where he did an automatic body feint that sent the keeper the wrong way as I was shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Sounds brilliant!
    Hopefully get a decent go tonight.

Id like to hear more about Master League. They've said that there is loads of new stuff.

I recommend anyone playing this demo to try 0 bar or 1 bar passing and manual shooting. The game is so much better with these settings and because of the improved A.I they react quicker to loose balls and the new shooting animations makes manual shooting easier to pull off without completely mis hitting a shot.

Just played 1 game...

Holy crap! It seems lovely!
    Need more...

Haven't played a PES game religiously since the pre PS3 games, the last two FIFAs have been garbage so was hoping this played as good as it looked in the recent conventions.

Have to say, its pretty good.
    A few years ago it looked ok, but it was just too many years behind FIFA(ie PES 12 would have been better than FIFA 10 or so) which was just doing enough to warrant staying with.

I'd say this is better than FIFA 15 anyway.
    Feck me this AI is hard on what wasn't even the highest difficulty, got trounced 3-0 in my only game.

One problem FIFA has that I don't see here is someone just cheesing a ground pass 60 yards from a packed box to their striker... I'm completely fed up of that.
    Here it feels like you really have to work it out right with patience.

I didn't check the buttons before playing so ill need to do that next time, the FIFA sprint was catching me out too.

Nice to see a demo that allows a decent time span too, FIFA and the 3min halves or whatever it usually is...ugh.

Since its out before FIFA this year and I'm not playing 15(i always found playing both games together makes you sloppy at both with constant adjusting) I can adjust to the gameplay from the demo so I'm ready to hit online when it launches.

You can change to the fifa controls in the edit data management when selecting sides. Change it to type 2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

You can change to the fifa controls in the edit data management when selecting sides. Change it to type 2

Sacrilege, it's always been the other way around i.e. changing fifa to pro EVO controls

• Advertisement

Sweet, had a look mid game but didn't see it there so assumed it was set.

Advertisement