Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Haven't picked up PES since 2012 but downloaded the demo for this and am very impressed with it. Am only an occaisional FIFA player but the difference between the two is massive. There actually seems to be weight to the players and more tactics than pass,pass,pass shoot. Also glad that it looks like they got rid of some of the scripting issues that annoyed me in the past, like when you won the ball off the opposition unexpectedly it would end up with you playing a sh!t pass or your teammates would stand still until the opposition got the ball back.

What's BAL mode like? Does it still have that genuine feeling of achievement when you score? Always felt it could have been a standalone game if they added some more roleplaying elements to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Maybe a stupid question.
    How to change formation in game. In myclub my managers preference if 4-2-2-2, but I cant seem to change formation only make subs etc.

Just figured out how to properly set up the 3 managers so you can change tactics during a game.

In the main Myclub screen go into the squad management menu press rb/r1 to cycle through preset tactics then go to the manager box on the left click x/square and it gives you the option to add a manager as an assistant coach for each tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

rented it out last night. been fifa since 2012..im very impressed i must say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

My club is still not the best due to the keepers but play seasons, master league and tournaments against the computer and its outstanding. If you're not used to the game start off on the middle difficulty and work your way up. I find the 2nd hardest difficulty my standard now and the hardest is ok if you're up against much weaker teams

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I was somewhat unconvinced by the game but I read the suggestions here, changed the controls to manual, and launch into a champions league competition last night.

First match was my Manchester United vs Barcelona. I have to say I was hugely impressed with how realistic the Barcelona play was. They were more than happy to keep the ball with their midfield and defence, waiting for me to become impatient and move one of my players out of position to intercept. As soon as I did, one of there midfielders would take up this space and try to move the ball to their front three. Messi regularly dropped deep to pick up the ball and move it around. His dribbling was also very lifelike, he slows down to invite the tackle before shifting his weight and dashing past.

The game finished 1-1. I scored from a corner, Barcelona from a sweeping passing move. Barca had almost 60% possession at half time. Very impressed with how it all played out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I was somewhat unconvinced by the game but I read the suggestions here, changed the controls to manual, and launch into a champions league competition last night.

First match was my Manchester United vs Barcelona. I have to say I was hugely impressed with how realistic the Barcelona play was. They were more than happy to keep the ball with their midfield and defence, waiting for me to become impatient and move one of my players out of position to intercept. As soon as I did, one of there midfielders would take up this space and try to move the ball to their front three. Messi regularly dropped deep to pick up the ball and move it around. His dribbling was also very lifelike, he slows down to invite the tackle before shifting his weight and dashing past.

The game finished 1-1. I scored from a corner, Barcelona from a sweeping passing move. Barca had almost 60% possession at half time. Very impressed with how it all played out.

Jesus lads I'm going to have to try this manual malarkey! I think I've misunderstood what it was all along..... I assumed it's when you have to hold L2/LT and first your pass with the arrow. Now I'm led to believe it's just changing the pass and shoot assist settings off ya?

From twitter

"PES fans, spoke to @Adam_Bhatti about keepers being set to regular online. Being looked into. Hopefully should be sorted soon. #PES2016"

Hopefully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

IGN saying pro evo is better this year. I switched to Fifa 5 years ago but might have to give this pro evo a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Do any of the forums/resources do things like super packs/super option files that do all the roster/team updates and kits etc. or is it usually a league by league kind of thing?

Presumably you can only do one option file? (i.e. if you have say the German league sorted and then someone comes up with a French, English, Italian league, you have to to overwrite your option file containing the German updates?)

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Jesus lads I'm going to have to try this manual malarkey! I think I've misunderstood what it was all along..... I assumed it's when you have to hold L2/LT and first your pass with the arrow. Now I'm led to believe it's just changing the pass and shoot assist settings off ya?

Go into your data settings and put on manual shooting and pass assist off it's a different game altogether on manual. Turn off auto feint and auto tackling aswell. I wouldn't recommend manual passing online because the lag and delay can be a killer.

You'll be **** for a while and you'll send shots out for throw ins but its worth practicing

Go into your data settings and put on manual shooting and pass assist off it's a different game altogether on manual. Turn off auto feint and auto tackling aswell. I wouldn't recommend manual passing online because the lag and delay can be a killer.

You'll be **** for a while and you'll send shots out for throw ins but its worth practicing

I have auto feint and auto tackle off always anyway but i'll give manual a go tonight with the passing and shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Is there a way to edit club crest and crate sponsors on x1 that I'm missing, they hardly removed it completely did they

Anyone who bought from games collection, read here :)

"Very sorry if your PES16 didn't arrive for release. Drop us an email at cs@thegamecollection.net for some compensation for the inconvenience"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

Started master league on professional with Liverpool .managed to buy hummels he the only buy first window .

I have played three league games against Swansea stoke and Watford playing high pressing short passing game mixed with counter attacking .basically replicating Liverpool's second season under Rodgers . Have used 3 diff formations .Scores 12 goals conceded 4 if press breaks down and can' get played through easily .benteke has got few goals but like real life struggling small bit fit him into system . I find gameplay so exciting and realistic compared fifa .

So then for some reason liverpool playing Ajax in third round qualifying for champ league in my master league .obviously I used same tactics as prem when I tearing teams apart .lost 1-0 away they bossed ball totally . Changed formation for home game and they still bossed ball and won 1-0 . I only realised afterwards quite stupidly I should have altered my tactics slightly for Europe .this wouldn't happen In fifa.some game .still getting used control system/mechanics of pes is hard too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

What does turning off auto feint do?

brady12 wrote: »
    Started master league on professional with Liverpool .managed to buy hummels he the only buy first window .

I have played three league games against Swansea stoke and Watford playing high pressing short passing game mixed with counter attacking .basically replicating Liverpool's second season under Rodgers . Have used 3 diff formations .Scores 12 goals conceded 4 if press breaks down and can' get played through easily .benteke has got few goals but like real life struggling small bit fit him into system . I find gameplay so exciting and realistic compared fifa .

So then for some reason liverpool playing Ajax in third round qualifying for champ league in my master league .obviously I used same tactics as prem when I tearing teams apart .lost 1-0 away they bossed ball totally . Changed formation for home game and they still bossed ball and won 1-0 . I only realised afterwards quite stupidly I should have altered my tactics slightly for Europe .this wouldn't happen In fifa.some game .still getting used control system/mechanics of pes is hard too

I'd say a lot of the teams and data was copy and pasted from last year so that's why Liverpool are probably in the champions league.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I converted to FIFA in '08. I picked up a few Pro Evo's along the way, but this year, the gameplay is brilliant. I'm loving Master League. I'm already more than half way through my first season.

The one downside for me is online. I've had 3 games and all of them have been laggy. I have 120Mb UPC, and don't have any problems with other games. I found it impossible to play when all your inputs are off by 1 or 2 seconds. It becomes completely unplayable for me. It's impossible to play a first time pass unless you press the button ages before the player receives it.

Colemania wrote:
    I'd say a lot of the teams and data was copy and pasted from last year so that's why Liverpool are probably in the champions league.

Still we finished second should been straight into group stage

v3ttel wrote:
    I converted to FIFA in '08. I picked up a few Pro Evo's along the way, but this year, the gameplay is brilliant. I'm loving Master League. I'm already more than half way through my first season.

v3ttel wrote:
    The one downside for me is online. I've had 3 games and all of them have been laggy. I have 120Mb UPC, and don't have any problems with other games. I found it impossible to play when all your inputs are off by 1 or 2 seconds. It becomes completely unplayable for me. It's impossible to play a first time pass unless you press the button ages before the player receives it.

v3ttel wrote:

I'm prob going get fifa for playing with lads .pes for the single player experience for me

• Advertisement

Still we finished second should been straight into group stage

Good point!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Dunno bout auto but manual passing online is broken, even if you hold it down for ages it rarely gets above 50% and most of the time it charges the least amount so theres a million passes to nowhere. Broken online for me, bull**** paying 50 euro for that.

Yea I can play the computer but its not the same for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm prob going get fifa for playing with lads .pes for the single player experience for me

That's the way I'm leaning at the moment. The AI is very enjoyable to play against in PES, but online seems too laggy to be playable. The games I did play were very helter skelter and shapeless. I guess that comes from the feeling of not being in control of the inputs at the right time.

The FIFA AI is terrible to play against, but online (despite the high number of knobs) is good with Seasons, FUT and no inherent lag.

I'll be playing and enjoying both games for very different reasons.

Sory for sounding stupid but what did you actually do to change the controls and which ones did you change??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

akelly02 wrote: »
    Sory for sounding stupid but what did you actually do to change the controls and which ones did you change??

Yoy need to go into data setting i think and press x or y. Ill double check later. Passing assist off, shooting type manual.

I'd definitely be playing PES with the lads and then fifa online. Seasons on fifa can be decent expecially as I always pick a different team and I never pick 5 star teams.

PES is great craic with the lads and i totally agree about it being more enjoyable to play the computer in PES rather than FIFA but in fairness that tends just to be this years FIFA. Every other year it wasn't too bad.

Yoy need to go into data setting i think and press x or y. Ill double check later. Passing assist off, shooting type manual.

cheers mate. think my pass assist was on 1 last night

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    What does turning off auto feint do?

Gives you full control over skill moves. Auto feint on tends to pick certain skill moves in certain situations

Gives you full control over skill moves. Auto feint on tends to pick certain skill moves in certain situations

The only skills I can do is the rainbow flick, the running keepy uppys and the cross over turn, or the Ronaldo turn as it's sometimes called

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Anyone who bought from games collection, read here :)

"Very sorry if your PES16 didn't arrive for release. Drop us an email at cs@thegamecollection.net for some compensation for the inconvenience"

Did you email them ? Mine didn't arrive till monday i'd nearly feel bad messaging them

Advertisement