Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place to pick this up in a bricks and mortar store folks ? Thinking of buying this today.

55 in Hmv I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Is it just me or is online a lot slower than offline, it seems a bit sluggish.

It could also be the fact that i'm just sh1t at PES as haven't played in 5 years and getting tonked by opponents :D

The keepers are sh1t but that's for both too :)

But I'm still enjoying this game a lot :)

Is it just me or is online a lot slower than offline, it seems a bit sluggish.

It could also be the fact that i'm just sh1t as PES as haven't played in 5 years and getting tonked by opponents :D

Ya i do find it slower online and less fluid and i'm not always playing with lag. Don't think I've won a match in my club yet! Loads of draws though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yeah, once I started playing offline I realised that while I haven't been lagging online, I am getting input delay, which totally slows the game down.

It actually makes you play the game fairly differently too, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It was the same last year. The input lag was terrible online. Obviously not enough people thought it was an issue for them to fix it.

• Advertisement

Batesy wrote: »
    It was the same last year. The input lag was terrible online. Obviously not enough people thought it was an issue for them to fix it.

Yeah judging by fellow gamers on twitter its a widespread issue.
    There is also some talk of lag cheaters. I just hope Konami fix it as the game is too good to be let down by the online play, offline its excellent.

FlYHtRf.jpg

Yeah judging by fellow gamers on twitter its a widespread issue.
    There is also some talk of lag cheaters. I just hope Konami fix it as the game is too good to be let down by the online play, offline its excellent.

FlYHtRf.jpg

Lag cheaters have been there for the last few years. My friend is quite good online and it happens to him a lot when he's winning well or winning coming into the last few minutes of a game.

• Is it just me or is online a lot slower than offline, it seems a bit sluggish.

It could also be the fact that i'm just sh1t at PES as haven't played in 5 years and getting tonked by opponents :D

What platform? PS4 or Xbox 1
    I'm considering picking it up but not sure for what console as of yet.
    I assume you mean laggy when you say sluggish? *edit you answered above but on both platforms?

Same as haven't played PES since the PS2 days but reading that it has pipped Fifa this year by a long shot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Yea when people say lag 99% of time they're talking about input lag - a consistent delay in the time it takes from you pressing a button to seeing a result. Not lag in the sense of jittery motion or disconnections.

It isn't something Konami can or will fix so I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I assume you mean laggy when you say sluggish? *edit you answered above but on both platforms?

Same as haven't played PES since the PS2 days but reading that it has pipped Fifa this year by a long shot

Go with PS4.
    Can't get any kits or logo's on X1.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »

PS4 :)

Yeah as posted above its the input lag as opposed to connection. Lets hope Konami do something about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Anybody want a game on PS4? Message me and i will give you my Id.
    I was wondering if anyone else had this happen to them?
    Playing against a higher rated opponent who i thought would be good, i ended up leading 5-1 at half time. No lag in the first half, second half the fella i was playing paused the game for ages and then the game resumed and all of a sudden there was loads of lag and the match was abandoned! Did this ever happen anyone else? It's really annoying!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Yea when people say lag 99% of time they're talking about input lag - a consistent delay in the time it takes from you pressing a button to seeing a result. Not lag in the sense of jittery motion or disconnections.

It isn't something Konami can or will fix so I wouldn't hold my breath.

In my opinion it is something they can fix. Its just cheap servers being used by Konami.

i think its a case of Konami have PES and MGS, and a few mobile games. Whereas EA are a massive company with a massive catalog of games and have the financial power to provide decent servers to gamers worldwide.

I think though the way PES plays, its worth putting up with laggy games now and then, because when it does work fine its beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Pes is 45 euro for Xbox 360 in Xtravision Arklow. However they have none in stock and are waiting on a shipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I never use online so im happy out anyway Master League is fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Still putting all the Bundesliga players in. All Dortmund,Bayern,Wolfsburg and Monchengladbach players are done.

Just gonna do Schalke,Bayer and maybe Hoffenheim. I just want to get most of the main players in.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Been playing a fair bit now with the assists off but has anyone else noticed a disproportionate amount of shots hitting the bar? Like 50% disproportionate. It's bizarre. I'll literally tap the shoot button yet the ball seems magnetically attracted to the crossbar. Can't seem to get my shots to go low at all? Even with the finesse style.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

does an indicator on the goal show up? A yellow circle?

I remember something like that happening in last years game and it was set to the wrong setting for shooting, think there is basic advanced and manual or something like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

B_Sharp wrote: »
    Been playing a fair bit now with the assists off but has anyone else noticed a disproportionate amount of shots hitting the bar? Like 50% disproportionate. It's bizarre. I'll literally tap the shoot button yet the ball seems magnetically attracted to the crossbar. Can't seem to get my shots to go low at all? Even with the finesse style.

Am I doing something wrong?

Having the same thing in the legend mode, 7 out of 10 shots will hit the crossbar. I'm using the advanced shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

stuchyg wrote: »
    Having the same thing in the legend mode, 7 out of 10 shots will hit the crossbar. I'm using the advanced shooting

I had the same problem in 2015 when I tried advanced shooting. I was hitting the crossbar a stupid amount of times even with shots inside the box. Manual shooting this year is perfect for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

played the fifa and PES demo's (PS4) and was far more impressed with PES, fifa same old arcady pace game.. and looking at reviews metatcritic give an aggregate and PES 16 a clear winner now..

but reading this thread veering back torwards Fifa again, played hardly any of the offline modes playing the AI in fifa boring but also my time limited playing other games etc.., so love jumping on for a quick game of Seasons.
    U are matched against anyone just pick a team and quick 10 minute game, go up and down league tables.
    Does PES have something similar?

It does sound like PES a bit of a disaster online so despite the improvements i might be better off going Fifa again.. its still a very good game.

Playing my bro might be a laugh scything down everyone of his players without a yellow card but might get bit ridiculous too the refs..

or just stick with fifa 15 a while since not much changes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Some thought from me after getting some more games (offline) played.

I actually saw a computer player booked for diving, even though I thought I fouled him!
    Couldn't believe that! Can go matches without a free... then he's booked for simulation!! :D

the more games I play, the more I see the CPU player making the same type of attacking moves... 1-2's then lofting the ball at the wing or just into the box, where a striker can control it over his head EVERY time.
    It's looking all a bit too 'scripted'.

That said, it still has moments of brilliance and I'm really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Just played a game of divisions in myclub. The button lag was shocking. Every pass I played was intercepted and his Stephen Naismith played like a Pele/Messi lovechild due to the fact that I couldn't tackle or turn my players quick enough. They need to sort transfers so I can get stuck into ML

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Apologies for not reading the last 48 pages, but where's the best place to get an options files with updated kits etc?

Just downloading my first PES (and indeed, football) games since PES3!

:D

stuchyg wrote: »
    Just played a game of divisions in myclub. The button lag was shocking. Every pass I played was intercepted and his Stephen Naismith played like a Pele/Messi lovechild due to the fact that I couldn't tackle or turn my players quick enough. They need to sort transfers so I can get stuck into ML

Lost 6-1 in myclub last night due to me forgetting to change back from manual passing for online. Couldn't seem to defend either and he only had 10 men for most of the game!

I think the transfer update is coming next Thursday, but that's just working on the assumption that the live update scheduled for that day will do all transfers. The fact that everyone has known about the live update coming in next Thursday and the likes of Adam Bhatti and PES still cannot confirm when transfers will be done is a small bit worrying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

http://pes.konami.com/pes/news-on-roster-and-live-updates/

Im speechless. Over a month until they update the rosters.
    The incompetence of that company is unbelievable. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Jaysus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭garrixfan

Hahahahhahaha avoid this ****ing company and their ****ty overrated game!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I think the squads will be updated with the live update on the 1st for online modes and offline friendly modes. The data pack will then add new teams and updates for modes like Master league. Is that right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I think the squads will be updated with the live update on the 1st for online modes and offline friendly modes. The data pack will then add new teams and updates for modes like Master league. Is that right?

No it quite clearly says rosters will be updated in the 29th Oct.
    They nailed it with the gameplay this year but as usual they go and shoot themselves in the foot with this type of crap.

Advertisement