Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

No it quite clearly says rosters will be updated in the 29th Oct.
    They nailed it with the gameplay this year but as usual they go and shoot themselves in the foot with this type of crap.

It also quite clearly says "The Live Updates will not only update the stats of key players depending on their weekly performance, but also allow you to use the fully updated rosters of the team of your choice during online play" in reference to the live update.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    It also quite clearly says "The Live Updates will not only update the stats of key players depending on their weekly performance, but also allow you to use the fully updated rosters of the team of your choice during online play" in reference to the live update.

Yeah but the offline rosters will only be updated when they release the datapack on the 29th.

Yeah but the offline rosters will only be updated when they release the datapack on the 29th.

It also says "Live Updates will also be available for one-off offline matches, such as Exhibition matches and Friendlies.."

I agree its worded confusingly but I think we will get updated squads for friendlies soon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Think I'll return the game, get FIFA for the month and then re-buy second hand.

Shocking stuff.

It also says "Live Updates will also be available for one-off offline matches, such as Exhibition matches and Friendlies.."

I agree its worded confusingly but I think we will get updated squads for friendlies soon

Live updates is for the stats of players not roster updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Live updates is for the stats of players not roster updates.

http://pes.konami.com/pes/news-on-roster-and-live-updates/

"However, we are happy to announce that Live Updates will be available for online modes (Online Divisions, Friendly Match Lobby, Team Play Lobby, Online Competition, Quick Match) starting October 1st. The Live Updates will not only update the stats of key players depending on their weekly performance, but also allow you to use the fully updated rosters of the team of your choice during online play.

Live Updates will also be available for one-off offline matches, such as Exhibition matches and Friendlies".

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

It's fairly shameful not having updated squads but judging by Adam Bhattis responses it must have something to do with getting certification for the patch on consoles. At least the base game is still solid I managed to play the Pes 2015 demo until November last year so I'm happy enough doing a few transfers myself until October.

I already managed to get a pretty sweet master league team together with sampdoria and won the europa league last night.
    Here's Petr Cech playing it safe at the contract signing, you never know when head injury could strike

NjSEPFl.png

RVN10 wrote: »
    http://pes.konami.com/pes/news-on-roster-and-live-updates/

"However, we are happy to announce that Live Updates will be available for online modes (Online Divisions, Friendly Match Lobby, Team Play Lobby, Online Competition, Quick Match) starting October 1st. The Live Updates will not only update the stats of key players depending on their weekly performance, but also allow you to use the fully updated rosters of the team of your choice during online play.

Live Updates will also be available for one-off offline matches, such as Exhibition matches and Friendlies".

Yeah but as I said the rosters will not be updated offline until the 29th.

Yeah but as I said the rosters will not be updated offline until the 29th.

Does it not suggest they'll be updated for friendlies though?

Edit: nah I see what you mean. It's still not 100% clear though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭garrixfan

How is there not more complains against keepers OFFLINE!! It is a sham, I'm playing against Bayern here and every shot I take Neuer has conceded. I'm playing as Rennes with Toivenen up front so it is not as if I'm banging them in with Augero. Game destroyer.

• Advertisement

Does it not suggest they'll be updated for friendlies though?

Edit: nah I see what you mean. It's still not 100% clear though.

Im going off this.

363573.PNG

garrixfan wrote: »
    How is there not more complains against keepers OFFLINE!! It is a sham, I'm playing against Bayern here and every shot I take Neuer has conceded. I'm playing as Rennes with Toivenen up front so it is not as if I'm banging them in with Augero. Game destroyer.

Turn up the difficulty and play on manual shooting. If your playing on superstar against Bayern you'll be doing well to even see Neuer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can anyone link me to a kit pack for the championship teams ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can anyone link me to a kit pack for the championship teams ?

Just after finding it :pac:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/42r2plsksjh5oi7/KITS+CHAMPIONSHIP+2015+2016+PES+2016.rar

Mr Blobby wrote: »

How do you extract the images from the Rar file ?

EDIT never mind figured it out thanks a million for the link man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Agree it is too easy to score but you should up the difficulty and change to manual shooting as someone else has suggested..also don't forget if your playing 1v1 offline to change the difficulty to the max as it has an effect on the keepers in this mode too..

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Got toure , konpany and sakho in MyClub.
    Cant get a game now tho haha

29th October before people can start a Master League with up to date squads?

I'm sorry but that is completely unacceptable.

Halfway into my 1st Master League Season , all with a couple of hours editing and up to date transfers ...Delighted they can take there time with there update , Have to say though almost bit the bullet early in the fa cup when i came up against Hull who had Drogba, Giovinco and Hummels in there team mental then of course i realised there all free agents in this

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    29th October before people can start a Master League with up to date squads?

I'm sorry but that is completely unacceptable.

Just update the squad you want to start master league with in edit mode, in fairness the transfers get mental in the first window anyway. Pes wasn't out until November last year it would be worse if they delayed the game because they had to wait for a patch to get certified

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm not upset over the late release at all but, to be honest, that's probably because it gives me more than enough time to adjust to life without AI assistance (something I've never really tried before for a sustained period of time (despite wanting to:D)).

I used to be good at soccer games but I think the few years of playing FIFA have destroyed that ability! :pac:

Well i've 2hrs to spare so i may as well start updating these squads.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Pretty clear now they released the game early just to get out of the gate before EA, knowing it would take 5/6 weeks longer for them to update the squads because they have to get all the patches approved by Sony/MS. They know how long that takes because they have gone through the process countless times in the past.

Not cool at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

I completely agree with this. Goalies while better than 2015 version are still poor. They dont appear to dive with any level of agility and seem very wooden. Its my biggest gripe with the gameplay offline at the moment.

Am enjoying it as an alternative to FIFA 14 and 15 the last few years but will need afew more days with it and get stuck into master league and other modes. Love the improved graphics, fluid and slick gameplay but hampered by dodgy commentary, dated presentation and lack of proper licenses. Definitely feel the PES is back but some of hype around the game seems very over the top.

Rented FIFA 16 tonight and the woman soccer is a gimmick i wouldnt go back to and online is slowed down alot . Not enough of change from 15 to be worth a buy for me, im already abit bored after afew games but will give it afew days. If possible rent like myself before buying to see if ya fancy it

Finally finished everything!
    All BPL,Championship,Bundesliga kits/logo's/transfers the bloody lot!

I haven't even played a match yet... Can't be arsed now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

anyone played Online Divisions ??
    This is what i'm after as spend nearly all time on Fifa playing seasons.

How does it compare wait time for game + lag time?

Tend to have go wait a bit for fifa 15 games lately 5 mins tops
    my internet is very good no lag issues recently

wud love to get PES 16 but its kind of deal breaker.

viper006 wrote: »
    I completely agree with this. Goalies while better than 2015 version are still poor. They dont appear to dive with any level of agility and seem very wooden. Its my biggest gripe with the gameplay offline at the moment.

Honestly lads play with manual shooting, with basic shooting its far too easy to blast balls in and pick out the sweet spot from awkward angles, manual shooting gives you more control but you have to work to line up the shot but I find goalkeepers react better to manual striking. I've seen goalkeepers make some unreal saves against me on master league and I play on manual v.s top player.

I had this triple save happen to me the other night and thought it was worth recording

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

My defending is shocking. Getting mauled online with a decent team.

My 2 cbs seem to run apart and leave a huge gap in the middle every time there's an attack.

Other then an hour or 2 earlier where i couldn't get a game..stil think its a fantastic game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

D_turbo wrote: »
    My defending is shocking. Getting mauled online with a decent team.

My 2 cbs seem to run apart and leave a huge gap in the middle every time there's an attack.

Other then an hour or 2 earlier where i couldn't get a game..stil think its a fantastic game

What game mode is this you're playing?

If its on MyClub, I'd the same problem.

Keep an eye out for a manager with a more compact defense and you'll be grand.

Other things that can cause that huge gap is low team spirit, and a very slow CB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Lads, anybody playing on the 360? Is it as good as other reviews are saying? I've all but given up buying games for it, the free games with gold are doing me just fine (and I've not played half of those yet either!) but I'd be tempted to resurrect my PES addiction if it's as good as I'm hearing.

Advertisement