Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Started a master league with Watford last night. They're only 2 stars but I got them up to 3 stars by updating their transfers.

Very impressed with it and I like the new transfer system. Lost my first 2 matches on top player against Liverpool and United but then beat West brom 3 nil.

A few qualms with it though. I signed Eriksen and Vela easily with my first bid. I shouldn't be able to do that! Also, I don't like how the annual wages are taken from your budget on 1st September. I'm currently 16m in debt! Too easy also to sign young players. Signed Matsour, Gomez, Roberts, Saint-Maxim, Solanke and a few others. Signed Drogba on a free transfer at the last minute too.

Another thing is all the players that are on free transfers because their clubs aren't in the game are snapped up straight away along with the fake players from the PES league. I see a lot of random names in the teams I play against but these could also be players from countries with no licenses, i.e. based on real players but fake names

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Colemania wrote: »
    Started a master league with Watford last night. They're only 2 stars but I got them up to 3 stars by updating their transfers.

Very impressed with it and I like the new transfer system. Lost my first 2 matches on top player against Liverpool and United but then beat West brom 3 nil.

A few qualms with it though. I signed Eriksen and Vela easily with my first bid. I shouldn't be able to do that! Also, I don't like how the annual wages are taken from your budget on 1st September. I'm currently 16m in debt! Too easy also to sign young players. Signed Matsour, Gomez, Roberts, Saint-Maxim, Solanke and a few others. Signed Drogba on a free transfer at the last minute too.

Another thing is all the players that are on free transfers because their clubs aren't in the game are snapped up straight away along with the fake players from the PES league. I see a lot of random names in the teams I play against but these could also be players from countries with no licenses, i.e. based on real players but fake names

That would probably explain the debt they probably only signed because you gave them double what they earn. You really have to be careful with wages, you usually get a warning message before you sign a player that could bring you into debt. I absolutely destroyed the club with the wage budget the first time I started master league, players like Illaramendi on 2million wages, cech on 5 million wages, it's not too hard to get a bid accepted it's being able to afford the wages thats an issue and top players only move for outrageous money and short term deals

That would probably explain the debt they probably only signed because you gave them double what they earn. You really have to be careful with wages, you usually get a warning message before you sign a player that could bring you into debt. I absolutely destroyed the club with the wage budget the first time I started master league, players like Illaramendi on 2million wages, cech on 5 million wages, it's not too hard to get a bid accepted it's being able to afford the wages thats an issue and top players only move for outrageous money and short term deals

No I was a tight arse in that respect. I actually reduced the fees of a lot of players in the counter bids and i made sure I didn't spend over and above on wages for any player.

Oh, and I intend on starting a fresh master league next month after the update so I was just trying everything out and wanted to see what happens! I remember on the ps2 days that if you were in negative when wages were taken out, you were automatically sacked ha

No I was a tight arse in that respect. I actually reduced the fees of a lot of players in the counter bids and i made sure I didn't spend over and above on wages for any player.

Oh, and I intend on starting a fresh master league next month after the update so I was just trying everything out and wanted to see what happens! I remember on the ps2 days that if you were in negative when wages were taken out, you were automatically sacked ha

A quick way to get money is sign the youth academy players in december and flog them off in january. The contract renewals are an absolute killer this year I can never get a top player on more than 2 years then they want a huge wage raise to renew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

If anyone looking for a cheap striker get Danny ings .fair over powered . I keep trying play benteke and sturridge together and try and get best out benteke but ings nearly out performs both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Finally finished everything!
    All BPL,Championship,Bundesliga kits/logo's/transfers the bloody lot!

I haven't even played a match yet... Can't be arsed now :pac:

Do you have links/tutorials to what you used please? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

What game mode is this you're playing?

If its on MyClub, I'd the same problem.

Keep an eye out for a manager with a more compact defense and you'll be grand.

Other things that can cause that huge gap is low team spirit, and a very slow CB.

Yep in My club.
    I just got another manager, tbh all i took note of defense wise was that it wasnt "very few in defense". Obviously taught it wouldn't matter aslong as i played 4 at the back...The 2 DM do there job but its the cbs splitting that kill me.

Iv kompany snd mandquillo on the right side. And conte paired nearest alba so he can cover if needs be. Didnt want kompany beside alba and 2 average defenders to one side

Guess just need to work on tactics. To use to fifs where it doesnt matter what you do ...it still all works fine

Team spirit is 56..not sure if that's good or bad by now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

theteal wrote: »
    Lads, anybody playing on the 360? Is it as good as other reviews are saying? I've all but given up buying games for it, the free games with gold are doing me just fine (and I've not played half of those yet either!) but I'd be tempted to resurrect my PES addiction if it's as good as I'm hearing.

Yep.
    It's good - see a few of my earlier posts on the thread.
    I'm looking forward to getting immersed in this one. Last year was good, but the gameplay changes really make this game.

Does the importing of badges etc... work for 360?
    Anyone please put up link of where they downloaded them for import?
    Or are option files not available yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭garrixfan

So many people overrating this game, the tackles are another hilarious aspect of the game, but it is FUN which is all that matters, even if sometimes it is a bit absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

garrixfan wrote: »
    So many people overrating this game, the tackles are another hilarious aspect of the game, but it is FUN which is all that matters, even if sometimes it is a bit absurd.

Jesus, we get it, you hate the game.

• Advertisement

If it's so bad, play fifa. I'm sure that's much better......

If it's so bad, play fifa. I'm sure that's much better......

FIFA is poor, 13 or 14 was the series peak. Both are probably the best football games ever made, better than this piece of crap anyway(PES)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

I really like the game and the gameplay but i am tempted to give it back.
    The last 4 games i was winning in my club my opponent just quit and i get nothing my rating stays the same and i get no coins. I've played many games online before but never encountered a game with so much cheating. At least 7 times now this has happened and for me it is pointless to play a game where u can't win even if u win.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?
    I am on the ps4 , if anyone wants a friendly message me.
    I was also wondering if there is anyway to report these cheaters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

brady12 wrote: »
    If anyone looking for a cheap striker get Danny ings .fair over powered . I keep trying play benteke and sturridge together and try and get best out benteke but ings nearly out performs both

I got Danny Ings on MyClub and he is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

FIFA is poor, 13 or 14 was the series peak. Both are probably the best football games ever made, better than this piece of crap anyway(PES)

Go play Minecraft then and stop filling the thread with sh*t. You were told 2 or 3 separate times to turn up the difficulty level to sort your keeper problems, now you have moved on to b*tching about the tackling.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭breeno

Oat23 wrote: »
    Go play Minecraft then and stop filling the thread with sh*t. You were told 2 or 3 separate times to turn up the difficulty level to sort your keeper problems, now you have moved on to b*tching about the tackling.

Guys has anybody applied a kit patch for ps3? Where did you get them from and is there much work involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Update on Xtravision price. The one in Arklow the other day quoted 45 euro for 360 but none in stock. Wicklow today had it but 69 euro!!!

Ordered it from Amazon instead for 46 euro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

da_hambo wrote: »
    Update on Xtravision price. The one in Arklow the other day quoted 45 euro for 360 but none in stock. Wicklow today had it but 79 euro!!!

Ordered it from Amazon instead for 46 euro.

€79 in XV for the 360????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Hi guys. Can someone point me in the direction of the Bundesliga edit pack? Cheers.

€79 in XV for the 360????

Yup! A big change from the Arklow price two days ago although they had no copies. Some mistake I reckon. 69eur they said. My mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Finally got down to starting Master league and it's pretty great!
    Started off with Huddersfield town in the Championship.

Decided to use the classic squad since i didn't know any of the Huddersfield players anyway. Playing on Top Player with passing assist off and i'm in 16th (2 wins, 1 draw, 3 loss)

Signed a couple of players but with a budget of £1.5M i couldn't get much. I did manage to sign Adebayor on a free which was great. He plays just like you'd expect and aging CF would. Hangs around the 6 yard box and never defends.. But man can he finish. I made sure to put him on a 1yr deal so he'll actually bother trying :pac:. He has scored 6 goals so far to be fair.

I do love the different style of play you come up against. Like some will hoof the ball up to a big CF, while some will try pressuring you into a mistake.
    Big change from the ****ty FIFA AI that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Big change from the ****ty FIFA AI that's for sure.

This sums up Fifa's AI perfectly I think.

1289918.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Am I right in thinking most folks use manual controls? Tried assisted for a laugh and it was no fun.

EazyD wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking most folks use manual controls? Tried assisted for a laugh and it was no fun.

How would you get a shot on target if you werent lined up straight on or diagonally on etc? Does the ball curl like Sensible Soccer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

da_hambo wrote: »
    How would you get a shot on target if you werent lined up straight on or diagonally on etc? Does the ball curl like Sensible Soccer?

With manual you have to guide your shots, so back to goal and mashing shoot will see no results, you have to really think about where your putting the ball. It makes the whole thing far more rewarding when you pull off great passes and shots.

Anyone find pressing L2 significant improves saves? Also which option file is best as of now?

Was gana complain again about keepers after scoring a redic angled shot vs Espanol but then noticed it was because I transferred Castilla to RM and the replacement in goal was an outfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Honestly lads play with manual shooting, with basic shooting its far too easy to blast balls in and pick out the sweet spot from awkward angles, manual shooting gives you more control but you have to work to line up the shot but I find goalkeepers react better to manual striking. I've seen goalkeepers make some unreal saves against me on master league and I play on manual v.s top player.

I had this triple save happen to me the other night and thought it was worth recording

Haha very good, i stand corrected on the goalies. Will definitely try that . cheers

The goalkeepers were tweaked yesterday for online play in the emergency maintenance. Manual passing was tweaked aswell and some agent combination in myclub that got a guaranteed Robben. Sickened I missed that

The goalkeepers were tweaked yesterday for online play in the emergency maintenance. Manual passing was tweaked aswell and some agent combination in myclub that got a guaranteed Robben. Sickened I missed that

Have you tried it out yet to see if they're improved? Guaranteed robben you say? Damn can't believe I missed that!!

• Advertisement

Played a game there. Keepers seem improved anyway. Got absolutely smashed 5 nil by a guy in division 3, I'm in division 11. Can't get my team going at all. Had ibra up front and couldn't get any space with him at all to get a shot away.

Advertisement