Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Colemania wrote: »
    Played a game there. Keepers seem improved anyway. Got absolutely smashed 5 nil by a guy in division 3, I'm in division 11. Can't get my team going at all. Had ibra up front and couldn't get any space with him at all to get a shot away.

Was that seasons or myclub? All goalkeepers are muck unless you have a fully matched tactical link with the manager in myclub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

If I was to buy pro evo, is there something in the options menu that I can click to get all the real team names, players names etc, or would I have to change them all manually?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

mackeire wrote: »
    If I was to buy pro evo, is there something in the options menu that I can click to get all the real team names, players names etc, or would I have to change them all manually?

They would just do it themselves if it was as simple as that. If your ps4 u can download the option files and go from there. Us xboxers have to do it manually. Don't think player names need to be changed though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Was that seasons or myclub? All goalkeepers are muck unless you have a fully matched tactical link with the manager in myclub

Myclub

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

stuchyg wrote: »
    They would just do it themselves if it was as simple as that. If your ps4 u can download the option files and go from there. Us xboxers have to do it manually. Don't think player names need to be changed though

On 360 can you import images and download option files etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Can someone post a guide on getting the option files for PS4?

da_hambo wrote: »
    On 360 can you import images and download option files etc?

Not sure but I'd imagine not as probably the same across the ms platforms

Played my first game (on demo til mine arrives in post) of manual shooting. Reminds me of the fun oul days of Kick Off 3 on Snes which also had manual shots. Fun and rewarding when I finally got a goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Picked this up yesterday and it's great (except for Peter Drury and Jim Beglin). I had both pes 2015 and fifa 15 but this year after playing both demos pes 2016 seems way better than fifa imo. Is it better to use manual controls? Haven't tried them yet. And does anyone know if there's a way you can import kits etc. on Xbox One like you can on PS4? Cheers.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Picked this up yesterday and it's great (except for Peter Drury and Jim Beglin). I had both pes 2015 and fifa 15 but this year after playing both demos pes 2016 seems way better than fifa imo. Is it better to use manual controls? Haven't tried them yet. And does anyone know if there's a way you can import kits etc. on Xbox One like you can on PS4? Cheers.

No way to import kits, best thing I find is make a rough copy and turn off the team crest. Works well enough for most clubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

https://www.reddit.com/r/WEPES/comments/3lk59a/ps4_pes_2016_day_one_mega_pack/

Nice downloadable mega-pack of kits and logos for Premier League, Championship, Internationals and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I got a spare copy if anyone interested. Its still unopened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

So in comparison to the demo. Does this play exactly the same, worse or better.you know how demos can give you a false idea of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

hadepsx wrote: »
    So in comparison to the demo. Does this play exactly the same, worse or better.you know how demos can give you a false idea of a game.

Slightly slower and the defensive a.i is better. Long diagonal balls and crosses were easy to do in the demo but much harder to do in game. I scored 7 goals against Juve on superstar in the demo I don't think I'll ever do that in the proper game.
    It's very similar just with better a.i and slightly tweaked shooting

Looks like there will be a way of updating kits for Xbox. Ive watched a video where the save file on your harddrive is transferred onto your pc by USB using a program called Horizon, editing same and transferring it back to your harddrive. Cant wait to mod mod mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Pesworld have released their Championship kits. Same guys who did the BPL kits.

http://www.pesworld.co.uk/p/pes-2014-files.html

Gonna download it and compare it to the kits i downloaded earlier.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Pesworld have released their Championship kits. Same guys who did the BPL kits.

http://www.pesworld.co.uk/p/pes-2014-files.html

Gonna download it and compare it to the kits i downloaded earlier.

Their kits are fantastic quality, thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭crunchie44

Hi guys,

Only just found this post and felt the need to comment. I used to love pro evo (I'll never call it Pes)but when it lost its way I transferred to fifa and have played fifa year in year out since. I'm not a fan boy either way. I'll pick the best game and play that,simple. Recently that's fifa.

Many people claimed pro evo was back last year and while there was promising moments, it still lacked something.

This year tho pro evo has smashed past fifa. EA have really slipped up and become complacent. They seem happy to ship the same game and collect the windfall from ultimate team whereas Konami has genuinely innovated and made a fantastic gaming experience.

I love soccer. I'd happily watch 3 games back to back on a Saturday. Fifa has created a game close to real thing where goals are hard to come by. But that's not what I want from a computer game. I want to be entertained. Pro evo does that while still being realistic.

Those grumbling over licences need to learn how to download to usb stick. The kits being made are to notch. It's not ideal but then there are benefits. Check out @swoosh1968 who is currently making the Manchester United retro kits including the famous green and gold kit from the 90s.

All in all you play games for fun. If you want dull boring match, pick fifa with its 1 style AI suits all. Playing fifa 16 on high levels should be renamed ping ping 16. If you want an entertaining enjoyable game then pro evo serves that up. On gameplay alone its easily better than fifa. We can just hope this is the kick in the hole EA needed. However no doubt they'll offer up the same game next year again and happily live off ultimate team revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

What's online play like guys/gals.

Looks like there will be a way of updating kits for Xbox. Ive watched a video where the save file on your harddrive is transferred onto your pc by USB using a program called Horizon, editing same and transferring it back to your harddrive. Cant wait to mod mod mod!

Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

hadepsx wrote: »
    What's online play like guys/gals.

Tried to play MyClub online twice over the weekend. The input delay was horrific, and I was genuinely frustrated with it.

I'll be sticking to offline.

Link?

this is the Pes 15 one..

https://youtu.be/mtdRpiz9Enk

this is the Pes 15 ones..

https://youtu.be/mtdRpiz9Enk

Surprised it hasnt been mentioned elsewhere if it works. Have you tried it?

Surprised it hasnt been mentioned elsewhere if it works. Have you tried it?

No still waiting on the game in the post.

Hopefully it will be like this. Keep an eye on this site for 16 patch

http://www.pes-patch.com/2014/11/pes-2015-xbox360-option-file-pes-style-patch-hd.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

So really considering getting this instead of FIFA this year. Just wondering how long it would take to set up the BPL with real kits, badges and transfers, etc to be as realistic and up to date?? On PS4 BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Ok guys this finally arrived in the post today. Could somebody please help me and tell me how do I get the official kits etc. I'm on ps4 and haven't a clue how to do it. I presume it's not as simple as downloading from the ps store? Any help would be great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So really considering getting this instead of FIFA this year. Just wondering how long it would take to set up the BPL with real kits, badges and transfers, etc to be as realistic and up to date?? On PS4 BTW

Just the BPL?
    Maybe an hour or 2 max.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

crunchie44 wrote: »

Those grumbling over licences need to learn how to download to usb stick.

Forgive my ignorance, but can anyone give me a simple walkthrough of the basics of this? I'm not the best at this stuff and kind of skipped the PS3 generation. Bought a PS4 yesterday (partially influenced by reports that PES is back to its best) and am a little bewildered by how sophisticated and complex gaming has become in the sort of 5 years or so I took out.

Is it as simple as:

1) Click one of the downloadable links above on your PC
    2) Stick in a USB to your computer and transfer the download to that
    3) Stick the USB into your PS4
    4) ??

Again, I realise this may be a very obvious question but did a quick Google and couldn't find much of an answer.

I get that there are patches to improve things and I really appreciate people posting them up. But how do I actually get the content onto my game?

Dummies guide please!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭garrixfan

Jesus just realized the days of the option files are no more, I remember the community would update everything, boots, transfers, player appearances and you could simply transfer it to your game

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance, but can anyone give me a simple walkthrough of the basics of this? I'm not the best at this stuff and kind of skipped the PS3 generation. Bought a PS4 yesterday (partially influenced by reports that PES is back to its best) and am a little bewildered by how sophisticated and complex gaming has become in the sort of 5 years or so I took out.

Is it as simple as:

1) Click one of the downloadable links above on your PC
    2) Stick in a USB to your computer and transfer the download to that
    3) Stick the USB into your PS4
    4) ??

Again, I realise this may be a very obvious question but did a quick Google and couldn't find much of an answer.

I get that there are patches to improve things and I really appreciate people posting them up. But how do I actually get the content onto my game?

Dummies guide please!

Basically, you will have to download the library of kits to a USB and stick said USB into the PS4. You will then have to go through each team individually that you wish to edit (remember that La Liga, Ligue 1 and Serie A - bar Sassuolo are already licensed, so just the BPL and whoever else not listed) and edit their kit.

This means that you'll have to spend about 2-3 minutes editing the colours and shapes of the kits with numbers and sliders all listed in the downloadable files (sets the base colour of the shirt) and then effectively select the kit from the USB you wish to paste on. You'll have to do this for each kit (home, away, GK). That takes about 5-10 minutes altogether per team.

You'll then have to change the teams name and import the team logo which takes about 3 minutes per team.

It's not too difficult, not too time consuming but it's once off and when Konami update the teams in October you'll be sorted :)

Hope this helps.

Advertisement