Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Basically, you will have to download the library of kits to a USB and stick said USB into the PS4. You will then have to go through each team individually that you wish to edit (remember that La Liga, Ligue 1 and Serie A - bar Sassuolo are already licensed, so just the BPL and whoever else not listed) and edit their kit.

This means that you'll have to spend about 2-3 minutes editing the colours and shapes of the kits with numbers and sliders all listed in the downloadable files (sets the base colour of the shirt) and then effectively select the kit from the USB you wish to paste on. You'll have to do this for each kit (home, away, GK). That takes about 5-10 minutes altogether per team.

You'll then have to change the teams name and import the team logo which takes about 3 minutes per team.

It's not too difficult, not too time consuming but it's once off and when Konami update the teams in October you'll be sorted :)

Hope this helps.

Where can the files be downloaded from, what website etc? Also is there any way if updating the roster ie getting rid of falcao from utd?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Just the BPL?
    Maybe an hour or 2 max.

That's not too bad at all. Will just do BPL initially then maybe all the other unlicensed leagues after

• Registered Users Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

da gamer wrote: »
    Where can the files be downloaded from, what website etc? Also is there any way if updating the roster ie getting rid of falcao from utd?

Various websites really. PESWorld is the best I've come across so far, they've realeased Premier League and Championship kits so far. I assume the international kits aren't far behind. They've also released all competition emblems and MLS kits if you want to go to the trouble of creating MLS teams. I think they're doing SPL kits too if you want to create those teams.

You can update the rosters yourself by individually moving players, it's just a bit of a pain doing it one by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

So really considering getting this instead of FIFA this year. Just wondering how long it would take to set up the BPL with real kits, badges and transfers, etc to be as realistic and up to date?? On PS4 BTW
    Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Just the BPL?
    Maybe an hour or 2 max.

Belgian Premier League????

Why is "BPL" a thing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

callaway92 wrote: »
    Belgian Premier League????

Why is "BPL" a thing now?

Barclays premier league?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

We should do a league for this on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Barclays premier league?

This is what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Barclays premier league?

Ah ok cool.

I'd always associate the league being the EPL. Apologies.

Barclays must love that it's a 'thing' now to call it BPL mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I just downloaded the PC version for a quick look via a torrent as I have it for XB1 . Unlike fifa in 14 when the PC version was a different game the PC version is identical to play and the graphics are not that far off. I am in two minds on whether to trade in the xbox and buy it for pc as I can play it on my laptop on medium settings also which is a bonus and again graphics is fine. Can any of the PC guys answer if your master league data is stored on steam or is it local. ie can you play master league between two pcs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

callaway92 wrote: »
    Ah ok cool.

I'd always associate the league being the EPL. Apologies.

Barclays must love that it's a 'thing' now to call it BPL mind you.

Funnily enough I was equally as confused when I started seeing EPL. Always just though of it as the premier league and never really saw it abbreviated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Morzadec wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance, but can anyone give me a simple walkthrough of the basics of this? I'm not the best at this stuff and kind of skipped the PS3 generation. Bought a PS4 yesterday (partially influenced by reports that PES is back to its best) and am a little bewildered by how sophisticated and complex gaming has become in the sort of 5 years or so I took out.

Is it as simple as:

1) Click one of the downloadable links above on your PC
    2) Stick in a USB to your computer and transfer the download to that
    3) Stick the USB into your PS4
    4) ??

Again, I realise this may be a very obvious question but did a quick Google and couldn't find much of an answer.

I get that there are patches to improve things and I really appreciate people posting them up. But how do I actually get the content onto my game?

Dummies guide please!

You download the files from one of the sites the guys have suggested
    extract the files using winrar onto a FAT32 USB stick
    go to edit mode in PES
    Data Management
    and import the kits

theres a few tutorials on YT on how to do it. Unfortunately im at work and it's blocked but its fairly simple to do.

Just be careful to edit the printing colour as they are not automatically updated by the editor

Various websites really. PESWorld is the best I've come across so far, they've realeased Premier League and Championship kits so far. I assume the international kits aren't far behind. They've also released all competition emblems and MLS kits if you want to go to the trouble of creating MLS teams. I think they're doing SPL kits too if you want to create those teams.

You can update the rosters yourself by individually moving players, it's just a bit of a pain doing it one by one.

Thanks. I've downloaded the files from pesworld.co.uk and put them on usb. Put tab into ps4 and in menus went to edit and data management. It asks if I want to upload images with the name wepes in the name. I click on this and it goes to a screen where it asks me to pick which usb device I want to use but there are no options to pick here. Any suggestions or could you tell me where I'm going wrong?

da gamer wrote: »
    Thanks. I've downloaded the files from pesworld.co.uk and put them on usb. Put tab into ps4 and in menus went to edit and data management. It asks if I want to upload images with the name wepes in the name. I click on this and it goes to a screen where it asks me to pick which usb device I want to use but there are no options to pick here. Any suggestions or could you tell me where I'm going wrong?

did you extract the files onto the usb stick? and is it a FAT32 format usb stick?

did you extract the files onto the usb stick? and is it a FAT32 format usb stick?

Yep I extracted the files alright. I'm not being smart but I haven't a clue what a FAT32 format usb stick is. I'm just using a normal usb

I had no idea either haha, if you had it into your laptop/computer, right click, properties then see if the format of it. if its not FAT32 format you will have to reformat it to FAT32 for it to work on Ps4

Having been a fifa man for the last few years I said I'd give pes a go this year. Having tried to persuade everyone I know to buy it and really building it up to everyone there are a few issues that I find irritating. My main gripe is the roster. Why in a game that has the year 2016 in its title are all the squad rosters from last year? I know that you can edit the squads which in itself is a pain but I find it very annoying that the squads aren't updated for online matches. It feels like a game from last season in that respect when you have to have falcao, rvp and do maria in the utd squad for example.
    Other than that I'm enjoying the gameplay and it's a welcome break from fifa but I feel until pes update rosters and get some decent licensing fifa will outsell them for the next couple of years regardless of how good pes gameplay is

how do you do the selfie celebration? is it just with totti you can do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

how do you do the selfie celebration? is it just with totti you can do it?

I think it's just Totti, but you can edit any player's celebration (I think) and assign it as one of their two celebrations.

ive only seen a few celebrations no matter what range of buttons i hit

1-into the camera
    2-ccorner flag ones
    3-hand shaking sorta dance one
    4-stand on hoardings
    6- run with arms out wide looking at crowd..

miss the fifa Dive hahaha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm glad I followed the general consensus of playing with all manual controls. It's actually so much more enjoyable. I reduced the difficulty a little bit in fairness so I could get my eye in with the passing but I feel I'm almost ready to go up to Top Player again already. Hopefully, Superstar will come in time! :pac:

What I love about it though is that, if I make a mistake, it's exactly that, me making a mistake, unlike the computer screwing you out of the game by passing it to a player that you had absolutely no intention of passing to resulting in you losing the ball.

Also, is it just me, or is the through ball button fairly redundant if you have manual passing on. I find that I don't use it at all as I can play through ball with the normal pass button!! :D

I love the game so far though. It's thoroughly enjoyable to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Has anyone tried FIFA on manual as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I started editing some teams last night with the downloads from pes world but it wont let me edit the team name. I know i must be missing something simple but i couldnt work it out last night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I started editing some teams last night with the downloads from pes world but it wont let me edit the team name. I know i must be missing something simple but i couldnt work it out last night

What teams could you not edit?

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'm glad I followed the general consensus of playing with all manual controls. It's actually so much more enjoyable. I reduced the difficulty a little bit in fairness so I could get my eye in with the passing but I feel I'm almost ready to go up to Top Player again already. Hopefully, Superstar will come in time! :pac:

What I love about it though is that, if I make a mistake, it's exactly that, me making a mistake, unlike the computer screwing you out of the game by passing it to a player that you had absolutely no intention of passing to resulting in you losing the ball.

Also, is it just me, or is the through ball button fairly redundant if you have manual passing on. I find that I don't use it at all as I can play through ball with the normal pass button!! :D

I love the game so far though. It's thoroughly enjoyable to play.

Where's the menu that allows you to switch from assisted to manual? I went looking last night and couldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Batesy wrote: »
    Has anyone tried FIFA on manual as a matter of interest?

think i know what u getting at...if not its what i'm getting at!

had the same thought so tried manual on fifa 15 the other night,just in training but don't think works for that must try a match..
    checking a few threads about it barely anyone seems to try it..but if they did the score could be

OFFLINE ->
    PES..wins wth manual controls?
    FIFa..how is with manual?
    ONLINE ->
    PES LOSE
    FIFA WIN

PES sounds poor online for a variety of reasons covered.
    fifa could be a lot better with manual offline...so fifa accused of being the hype machine maybe its the other way around??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

Anyone playing master league as Liverpool ? Team /formation using?

tigger123 wrote: »
    What teams could you not edit?

North London and West Midlands or whatever they call villa

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    North London and West Midlands or whatever they call villa

You can definitely edit those teams, on PS4 at least, I did it myself the other day.

You can definitely edit those teams, on PS4 at least, I did it myself the other day.

Ye i was thinking that. On ps4 too but i went to edit name and the keyboard wouldnt come up when i tried to change it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Where's the menu that allows you to switch from assisted to manual? I went looking last night and couldn't find it.

it's in the controller select screen before a match.
    Edit user settings I think?

Advertisement