Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Loving the slide tackles... especially those you win, and manage to get up from the ground before the opposition and Sprint away with the ball!
    Player movement and animations are superb!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

isn't there supposes to be a more all encompassing camera angle? I'm on 360 and it defaults to the wide camera, but that looks just like last years. In videos i've seen the camera showed much more of the pitch, and you could see from one sideline to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Just played a few games there. Wow.....

Animations are absolutely fantastic. The gameplay is quick and fluid. Neymar and Pogba are brilliant in the game. I found Morata to be absolutely deadly in front of goal too.

Can't wait for the full game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Advanced shooting finally works. You can perform nice volleys and headers with it. This was near impossible in the last game, may main flaw with it. It works brilliant now.

Over the top through ball works better than last year too. Game feels great. Look forward to playing online

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Played three games. I'm a fan.

• Advertisement

So disappointed that the Xbox One only has the Day One edition coming out whereby the PS4 is getting a digital pre order version and an anniversary edition with much more perks for my club. Neymar permanently in your club!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'd say this is better than FIFA 15 anyway.
    Feck me this AI is hard on what wasn't even the highest difficulty, got trounced 3-0 in my only game.
    Nice to see a demo that allows a decent time span too, FIFA and the 3min halves or whatever it usually is...ugh.

Yeah love the 10 minute halves...i'm actually quite good at PES so....I can already beat the computer on the second highest level 4 or 5-0 playing as France vs. Brazil. Find the through balls and long range shooting a bit overpowered as are the slide tackles. I always go in late when the ball is gone as the ref never punishes it just plays advantage :D
    Biggest addition for me this year for Pro Evo is the option files in particular for the national teams. I dunno why maybe its from the old PES 1/2 it used to always be National teams i'd play with.

Yeah, was playing on Professional as well. Lost my first game 2-1, Bayern v Juve, but was battering them at the end having been 2 nil down.

Won the replay 4-0. Then played as France v Brazil, and won 5-1.

I had played a little bit of the Pro Evo 2015 demo recently, so perhaps that stood to me. Will up it to "Top Player" tonight and see how I get on. Have to say though, AI does feel a lot better to me. Situational strategy and play selection etc seems so much more on point. Like in that game I was losing 2-1, Juve get a corner in the 87th minute or something, and played it short, keeping possession out by the corner flag.

Its a small thing, but that really adds to the game.

Knex. wrote: »
    Have to say though, AI does feel a lot better to me. Situational strategy and play selection etc seems so much more on point. Like in that game I was losing 2-1, Juve get a corner in the 87th minute or something, and played it short, keeping possession out by the corner flag.

Its a small thing, but that really adds to the game.

Yeah the AI can keep the ball but sometimes you can intercept a bad pass by the goalie or a defender and it can be devastating.
    Only flaw with the demo is how out of date the squads are (Mainly pick France, Bayern and Brazil tbh) but its just about getting the game in people's hands & is quite generous with what it offers.
    I want to give FIFA 16 a go tho even tho I hated FIFA 15.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Yeah the AI can keep the ball but sometimes you can intercept a bad pass by the goalie or a defender and it can be devastating.
    Only flaw with the demo is how out of date the squads are (Mainly pick France, Bayern and Brazil tbh) but its just about getting the game in people's hands & is quite generous with what it offers.
    I want to give FIFA 16 a go tho even tho I hated FIFA 15.

Saw a picture recently of tevez with Boca in the game so there'll be no worries about up to date squads when the full game comes out. In previous years you'd be waiting months for transfer updates but they're very good with them now.

If you have EA access, you can play the full version of FIFA 16 5 days before release for free and then once it's released, you have to pay for the game if you want to keep playing. Doesn't sound like there's much improvements but the ultimate team draft mode seems interesting

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Saw a picture recently of tevez with Boca in the game so there'll be no worries about up to date squads when the full game comes out. In previous years you'd be waiting months for transfer updates but they're very good with them now.

Yeah I had pes 2015 I really enjoyed it too but didn't put in enough hours. Just as a stickler hard to play with Juve who have Pirlo, Vidal and Tevez.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Yeah I had pes 2015 I really enjoyed it too but didn't put in enough hours. Just as a stickler hard to play with Juve who have Pirlo, Vidal and Tevez.

Sub them out :P

Colemania wrote: »
    If you have EA access, you can play the full version of FIFA 16 5 days before release for free and then once it's released, you have to pay for the game if you want to keep playing. Doesn't sound like there's much improvements but the ultimate team draft mode seems interesting

Didn't know that. That's pretty sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It has been years since I played against the FIFA AI, so maybe it is the same. But the thing I'm loving about the PES demo is the uniqueness of all the teams. I was playing With Bayern against Palmeiras and they played the long ball all game (which was easy enough to deal with). Played Bayern vs Corinthians and they sat back and tried to hit me on the counter (and did successfully). Played with Juve against France and France played a possession game and had 74% of the ball. I couldn't get it from them (it was only on the second difficulty level).

It's actually challenging and every matchup is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

The demo is really good. Can't wait for the full version and, more importantly, downloadable option files :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

tigger123 wrote: »
    The demo is really good. Can't wait for the full version and, more importantly, downloadable option files :D

I know option files have been hinted at, but have they been confirmed yet?

I know option files have been hinted at, but have they been confirmed yet?

Yes
    https://twitter.com/adam_bhatti/status/621817421549015040

I'm on xbox one. Hopefully we'll get it too.

I'm on xbox one. Hopefully we'll get it too.

Not looking likely on XB1 from what I've read. PS3, 360, PS4 and PC will have it.

I'll still be getting it even if they don't do option files.

Gameplay > Fully licensed kits

I'm hoping that with Xbox One getting Windows 10 soon enough it will give us the ability to add them. I seen pictures of the in game kit editing and it looks very detailed to even if it doesn't I'll edit all the premier league kits myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Played a few more games.
    Really enjoying this. It just feels exciting!
    Some slight niggles, but a good step up from last year.
    As others have said, turn down the passing and shooting assistance for an amazing experience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

What's the deal with option files? Is it kits/logos etc and what would it involve to get these files onto the PS4? Looking forward to the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is there any match making in this demo, even against friends? Probably hoping for too much

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Yakult wrote: »
    What's the deal with option files? Is it kits/logos etc and what would it involve to get these files onto the PS4? Looking forward to the full game.

Just edited kits transfers etc done by other people and available for download by everyone. Essentially saves you the hassle of doing it yourself

I hope option files become available for the xbox one. I'll spend weeks creating a very detailed BPL option file for download by other people and I'll put a barely visible design of just cocks in the Liverpool kit.

After several red cards and numerous glaring chances wasted I finally got a peno for diving. Wish there was more diving animations I get a great laugh out of a player going head over heels in the box with no one near him then having a go at the Ref

Oat23 wrote: »
    It has been years since I played against the FIFA AI, so maybe it is the same. But the thing I'm loving about the PES demo is the uniqueness of all the teams. I was playing With Bayern against Palmeiras and they played the long ball all game (which was easy enough to deal with). Played Bayern vs Corinthians and they sat back and tried to hit me on the counter (and did successfully). Played with Juve against France and France played a possession game and had 74% of the ball. I couldn't get it from them (it was only on the second difficulty level).

It's actually challenging and every matchup is different.

Put the difficulty up to top player and you'll have much more entertaining games although you might concede a lot more, on the lower difficulty the A.I take less risks making them play simple passes in their own half and it gets tedious after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Any news on a demo for PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Played the demo last night and I'm impressed with it so far. I might buy PES for the first time in 5 years :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,878 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Considering the jump back to PES this year on the basis of the demo and the option file availability. FIFA 16 will really have to work hard to make me upgrade from FIFA 15, just finally at a point where I'm really not pushed on upgrading for newer kits, updated stats and teams and reams of Ultimate Team changes given that I never play that mode.

The menus are a bit all over the place, but it wouldn't be PES without that really.

Gameplay is lovely and I'm really finding the AI (both teammates and opposition) vary quite differently from game to game which I really really like. There's a lot more taking stock during a game of the team you're playing against and adapting to it, such a noticeable difference from FIFA where it's more or less the same attacks the AI runs on you every time.

Advertisement