Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Morzadec wrote: »

Also, can anyone confirm in Exhibition matches, can you choose Time of Day and Weather? Doesn't seem to be an option which is a little odd

Ya you can. Click stadium as you're on the match screen and it gives you a choice of stadium, weather, grass length, time of day and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ThemFifaGoals

Can someone please help me out..I've switched from Fifa to PES this year and I'm just having one problem..when your not in possession of the ball, how do you switch to a certain player..for example in FIFA you press L1 & push the analog stick in the direction of the player you want to switch to..when I try this in PES it doesn't work, it just switches to a random player, probably the player who closest to the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Can someone please help me out..I've switched from Fifa to PES this year and I'm just having one problem..when your not in possession of the ball, how do you switch to a certain player..for example in FIFA you press L1 & push the analog stick in the direction of the player you want to switch to..when I try this in PES it doesn't work, it just switches to a random player, probably the player who closest to the ball

I think the right stick by itself. The pressing of lb is just changing to the nearest player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

For people NOT having problems, are you connected via ethernet? I've been connected wirelessly and had problems.

I'm using ethernet via powerline plugs

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ThemFifaGoals

Does anyone know you let the ball run through your legs so you can run it..used to be one of my favourite moves in Fifa..poorer players online didn't know how to defend it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Does anyone know you let the ball run through your legs so you can run it..used to be one of my favourite moves in Fifa..poorer players online didn't know how to defend it

There's a way of doing it alright. Its in the training tutorial

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Hold R1 and L1 and press the left analog stick in the direction the ball is going, must use it a bit more as I'd say it's more useful than most other skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

So now the squads are updated and the input lag is gone had this game just gotten better? Have people had much difficulty finding game online. Is it hard to find a game that both teams are using manual controls?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Is the input lag genuinely gone? That'll make my weekend if so, tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

He may have just read someone on the last page or two saying they dont have online problems, I wouldn't get yer hopes up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

I haven't had any online problems except in teamplay lobbies with 5+ people playing. Every player lobby game has been spot on.
    Only problem I've noticed is when setting up a player match lobby the first game always seems to crash "due to unforseen circumstances"

Maybe the lag issue is down to terrible matchmaking in myclub

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I don't really get any lag, but there is a massive difference in the input speed between offline and online. That said, I haven't played online in over a week, so perhaps it has been fixed.

I'm sceptical, however.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭garrixfan

Why do Konami release an update and then not actually just have the updated squads as the default teams?

Still not sure if I hate or love this game. The gameplay is good but missing something. The gameplay is legit but I find the game sucks playing as someone like Stoke or Stade Rennais. Neither team has an actual identity, in contrast to FIFA whether it is the game visuals or the gameplay itself these teams(especially in the case of middling Premiership teams) have more of a 'feel' to them.

I was playing as Spurs today but it didn't feel like a match at the lane, in FIFA I feel you can recreate that Monday night league game or Champions League game much better. I guess FIFA just captures football better than PES but no doubt PES is a 'funner' game. For example I scored a goal with Ronaldo last night where he did a big jump in the air, flippped and scored with a backheel lmao

However FIFA summed up
    'I just had Sterling outmuscle Chiellini off the ball, followed by Juan Cuadrado chased down successfully by Kolarov.....'

That is just terrible. I do feel PES better replicates stats. In FIFA I can beat my friends routinely enough with a team like Stoke against Barca, Chelsea, PSG, whereas in PES I imagine it is so much harder, which is accurate to real life.

I also don't think the AI is that good in PES btw, the game seems to know to expose the 'once in the box' its a goal glitch and are reluctant to take long shots or cross, its basically just every team walking the ball into the box.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Havent played since day one, any squad files for PC version?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Monokne

Anyone have a link to a patch for the PS3 to update all the teams, kits etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Edited the Premier League teams

Started Master League with Bournemouth on Superstar

First game at home to Southampton , went 2 nil up and cruising , loose 2-5 but at the same time there was something realistic about it

Really enjoying the gameplay so far, took me back to days of Pes mid noughties

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Belt

What's the story with Special Agents in My Club? When do they come in to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Anyone know where I can get international kits for PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

tigger123 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get international kits for PS4?

https://m.reddit.com/r/WEPES/comments/3lk59a/ps4_pes_2016_day_one_mega_pack/

Some there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Still no sign of kits for Xbox One? On the upside, online works perfectly. Still got battered 4-1 though.

EDIT: Well, mostly perfectly, last match was a bit of a lagfest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Am quite simply loving this game. I'd played PES2015 when it went on sale and felt that it had taken massive strides on their previous iterations that I had the 'fortune' of playing and it felt like a decent game in the making. Having played both demo and final versions of both Fifa and PES I think PES has again taken huge strides forward while Fifa has stood still, resting on its laurels and adding a bit of polish rather than improving their gameplay or engine for that matter.

PES feels fluid, natural and if you make a mistake you will probably pay for it. Dodgy keepers, dodgy refs... can be overlooked due to the sheer 'fun factor' of the game IMO. Its a damn good game, and I think it can only get better as it gets updates and patches as the game goes on. PES has its crown back this year, and I think, from playing the new Fifa, it will take a lot of work at EA for them to retake it.

Pro Evo just does everything better. Licenses have never been a personal bother for me having first played PES back in 1998 and the names being gobbledygook for the entirety of the games life span until first time they got a few teams and leagues on PS2/PS3. The fact they've made the editing suite much more accessible and accommodating is a huge plus point. They have thought of pretty much everything to get around the licence issue, and the community works tirelessly to perfect the option and edit files so others can update their games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone's commentary not working randomly?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Pacifico wrote: »
    Anyone's commentary not working randomly?!

Peter Drury running out of oxygen hopefully :) Commentary is working fine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Handy video here of tricks. LEarn the ones you think will be useful

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

Im seriously thinking of buying this, but I've one quick question. Can myclub be played against the cpu or is it only against other online players??

McMafia77 wrote: »
    Im seriously thinking of buying this, but I've one quick question. Can myclub be played against the cpu or is it only against other online players??

Can play against CPU, there's a few tournaments you can play and you can play against CPU that use other players online teams.
    There's always new CPU tournaments added like English or Italian Cups and the Champions League where you win special agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Tried online via ethernet rather than wireless and its still not possible to play using manual, shocking. The game overall is underwhelming and unsatisfying imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭garrixfan

Why do people think they made it so that any shots inside the box go in no matter what difficulty level? It is just not a proper replication of what happens, if that was the case every game would be 6-6 but of course this isn't the case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Have an Xbox 360 and PS3. Which would be better to buy the game on?
    Only want to do master league against the computer. Not into the online thing.

Want to have real team names, player names and kits.

• Advertisement

garrixfan wrote: »
    Why do people think they made it so that any shots inside the box go in no matter what difficulty level? It is just not a proper replication of what happens, if that was the case every game would be 6-6 but of course this isn't the case

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Manual Shooting.

Basic shooting and high pass assist is for people who want a simple arcade every shot goes in feeling. If you don't think it's realistic enough then play on manual because that's where the realism is

Advertisement