Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Two weeks today I ordered Pes to try save a few quid and still no sign from Amazon.co.uk!

Unbelievable. Dispatched supposedly on 26.9.15.

Must have gone to feckin China first!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Me and my mates were playing the last few days and we were remarking on how good the keepers were. We saw some amazing one handed saves which looked really impressive. I also saw a despairing defender throw out a leg to block a shot, only for it to hit the underside of his calf and squirm between the keepers leg. Very realistic looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

da_hambo wrote: »
    Two weeks today I ordered Pes to try save a few quid and still no sign from Amazon.co.uk!

Unbelievable. Dispatched supposedly on 26.9.15.

Must have gone to feckin China first!

Ordered off amazon last year. Never again. Took about 2 weeks to arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

garrixfan wrote: »
    I honestly dont know how there are.not.more.complaints with regards goalkeepers/shooting/goals.from people.on here. Perhaps the hipsterish nature of boards.ie? for.the.millionth time I play on manual...the whole point is goals are not fulfilling. If you.go one.on one you just have to.hold down on square and its a goal, the shooting.animation is horrible especially goals in the box...have to say outside the box shots are nice. every single.goal against.me.looks the same. The computer doesnt shoot from outside the box. It doesnt matter who the striker is or the keeper...its horrendous

Must be playing a different game to me... I was playing ML last night on top player difficulty (not even the highest) as Valencia vs. Real Madrid and I was getting destroyed in possession and they were peppering my goal with shots from all ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

I honestly dont know how there are.not.more.complaints with regards goalkeepers/shooting/goals.from people.on here. Perhaps the hipsterish nature of boards.ie? for.the.millionth time I play on manual...the whole point is goals are not fulfilling. If you.go one.on one you just have to.hold down on square and its a goal, the shooting.animation is horrible especially goals in the box...have to say outside the box shots are nice. every single.goal against.me.looks the same. The computer doesnt shoot from outside the box. It doesnt matter who the striker is or the keeper...its horrendous

Judging by that description it sounds like your **** at defending and your letting the computer get into the box and one on one with your keeper with little resistence. The computer do shoot from long range and every team has a different style but if your giving them massive gaps to pass or run into they're going to take that chance instead of launching one from 25 yards.
    I've concede route one goals, i've conceded a few belters from the edge of the box, not every goal looks the same unless your giving away the same opportunities over and over.

If a striker goes one on one it's usually a goal unless he's got an eyesight problem. The build up play and creating the opportunity is the most fulfilling part of scoring a goal for me

• Advertisement

Euro 2016 agents out in myclub now. Saved up gp so bought loads. Got mandanda, mignolet, foster, milner, bartra, de sciglio, nigel de jong and then a few randoms but my final one just there.....

89 rated boateng!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Colemania wrote: »
    Euro 2016 agents out in myclub now. Saved up gp so bought loads. Got mandanda, mignolet, foster, milner, bartra, de sciglio, nigel de jong and then a few randoms but my final one just there.....

89 rated boateng!!

I think Konami are playing a joke on me.

Opened a few packs and got Ivanovic, Coleman, De Sciglio and Gibbs.
    At least my back 4 will be pacy! :pac:

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Ha jaysus. Mandanda is very good. Milner seems very useful also. Can't say much about the rest just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Something similiar happened me the first week. 5 top agent defender spins and 4 right backs. Wouldn't have been so bad but I was using a 3 at the back manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

When are the squad updates being released?

• Advertisement

When are the squad updates being released?

The offline updates are being released on 29th October. The updates for exhibition matches offline and all online modes have already been released

Anyone here train up level 30 players with other level 30 players that you don't want? I know it doesn't boost them that much but I trained up mandanda with carraso and foster and he went up from 81 to 82 and got a lot of stat increases.

My team at the moment, excluding the loans of James Rodriguez and Neymar that I don't want to use just yet is:

Mandanda
    Hadi Boateng Luisao De Sciglio
    De Jong/Matic
    Milner Darder
    Ventura Ibra Ntep

Have isco on the bench and may throw him in. Only other ones of mention are Bartra, Sau and Mignolet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Any kit packs for the National teams made yet?

Also, does anyone know, when they update the rosters will they revise any stats?

A few dodgy ones out there. Welbeck at 85 stands out. Plus there is probably the odd young player who is really poorly rated who has broken into the first team that needs to be upped. Bellerin at 72 is one that comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Morzadec wrote: »
    Any kit packs for the National teams made yet?

Also, does anyone know, when they update the rosters will they revise any stats?

A few dodgy ones out there. Welbeck at 85 stands out. Plus there is probably the odd young player who is really poorly rated who has broken into the first team that needs to be upped. Bellerin at 72 is one that comes to mind.

https://m.reddit.com/r/WEPES/comments/3lk59a/ps4_pes_2016_day_one_mega_pack/

Those guys have national kits in their pack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I've been saying 'Xbox, go to Pro evolution Soccer 2016', which launches it grand. Turns out, saying 'Xbox go to Pes' works grand too, Pes as one word. Easier to say after a few jars.

PESWorlds Bundesliga kits look incredible...

Preview video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSsW73eOzy4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

This might be a stupid question but are Dortmund in the game?

I haven't played PES since my PS2 days but I'm considering this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Dortmund are not in the game unless you build them yourself.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Dortmund are not in the game unless you build them yourself.

Thanks. Can you get them on option file?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Thanks. Can you get them on option file?

You can download their kits anyway from a few sources I'd imagine, the links to which are probably strewn across the last few pages of this thread.

As for the players, I'd imagine that, with the bulk of the Dormund players being seasoned internationals, some might already be in the game as free agents )e.g. Hummells, Reus etc) and all you'd have to do is assign them to your created Borussia Dortmund.

Some players you'd probably have to create yourself though.

That said, I'm no expert so maybe someone else has more accurate and precise information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Just posting (again!) to say I'm amazed how great this game is.
    Played on top players against Poland (Com) and played out a 0-0 draw.
    Played again, and drew 4-4!
    All goals so different in manner and setup.
    Had one crazy incident where crossed ball into striker who shot at keeper and it deflected to another oncoming attacker whose shot was superbly saved by keeper half on the ground... ball cleared by defender, but actually hits the corner flag and stays in!!! and I cross in again to see my attacker bicycle kick in but keeper saves it!!
    It can get frantic at times, but slow and steady at others.

One thing that is annoying is the colour of the grass on the 360.. it's more gray than green!
    Is there way to fix this?

I've never played out so many entertaining 0-0 draws on any game since I've played PES this year.

What I absolutely love about it is that errors happen on both sides even at 'Top Player' level, intelligent runs are made and generally when I concede a goal, I can only blame myself and I usually can pinpoint where I've gone wrong. When playing FIFA, the computer can score goals and I just sit there annoyed because I feel powerless against the tiki-taka computer where I can't even get near the ball regardless of whether they're Portsmouth or Barca.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭garrixfan

Are there any sites with revised stats? As has been mentioned, some of the ratings are a joke.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Are there any sites with revised stats? As has been mentioned, some of the ratings are a joke.

Genuine question, why do you still play the game?

Speaking of stats, I think they're fairly accurate.

A big problem I've always had with stats is that people look at the overall 'X is an 80 and Y is a 75, therefore I'm playing X'. Which is silly really, as the overall number is a composite.

PES really emphasises individual stats which I love. Playing as Spurs yesterday I found much more use playing Bentaleb as a DMF than Dembele even though Dembele has a better overall rating. Bentaleb is a 'destroyer' and his stats suit that position better than Dembele (who has a higher overall rating).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Dembele is not a DM but yes, I take your point.

Waiting for Amazon to deliver! Can't wait!

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Dembele is not a DM but yes, I take your point.

Waiting for Amazon to deliver! Can't wait!

Oh I know he isn't, but when you play FIFA for example, you can play a higher rated player out of position and it makes no difference whatsoever. Its nice that you have to think about who you're playing where.

Finally got around to editing the Premier League kits in last night, took about 90 minutes (with distractions), which was absolutely grand! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I started making the bundeliga last night, 10 minutes in I gave up, would have taken hours and hours. I'll probably trade it in or sell it off. I've Fifa for online so that gets most of my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Psssht

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    I started making the bundeliga last night, 10 minutes in I gave up, would have taken hours and hours. I'll probably trade it in or sell it off. I've Fifa for online so that gets most of my time.

So you can only get kits and emblems on option files not teams? That's a pity. Still think I'm going to go for it over FIFA though.

Advertisement