Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

almost every shot inside the box goes in.

Sorry man, they just don't. Just practice and you will get better. Use the L2 button to concentrate on closing the ball rather than running in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

da_hambo wrote: »
    Three weeks on and still no game from Amazon.co.uk. Feckin langballs. Looking for a refund.

I feel your pain

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Played 10 games online last night and had no problems apart from the length of time it takes to find a match. No lag at all in the games.

I really am awful though, 8 losses, 1 draw and 1 win :(

It's going to take time making the transition from FIFA to PES by the looks of it!

Every time my opponent shoots he seems to score. Keepers don't seem great tbh.

Are you playing myclub because the keepers in myclub are brutal until you get maximum team spirit.
    People always rush everything when they play this game and I think it's the worst thing you can do, slow everything down and play the game at your pace, only rush into an attack when you see the break is on. PES is great at capturing the flow of a game, it can go from slow to a quick attack in an instant. Play the game exactly how you want to play and if you're under pressure with players chasing you around then let them waste energy and drag players out of position, don't be forced into rushing your attacks and leave yourself get countered. Don't be afraid to go backwards with a few passes and switch the play across the back if you're out of options.

Even when defending dont rush in and always look to cut off the passing lanes, everyone looks for the through ball so check the radar for off the ball runs and get in the way of the pass. Always try push the player away from goals and let him make the first move before you tackle. As people have said already R2/RT is great for standing your ground as a defender and lining up the challenge. Maybe use the right stick when defending for player switching as it's much faster and accurate, turn on target guide in the control menu and it gives you a little arrow to see what player your selecting with right stick switching. You can also use L1/LB and flick the right stick towards a player when your attacking to send a player on a forward run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

anyone tell me how much money get for winning master league or getting champions league qualification? well in title race my first season

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭garrixfan

Just had my first penalty...good god.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

garrixfan wrote: »

I have to ask you again, why do you still play the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Are you playing myclub because the keepers in myclub are brutal until you get maximum team spirit.
    People always rush everything when they play this game and I think it's the worst thing you can do, slow everything down and play the game at your pace, only rush into an attack when you see the break is on. PES is great at capturing the flow of a game, it can go from slow to a quick attack in an instant. Play the game exactly how you want to play and if you're under pressure with players chasing you around then let them waste energy and drag players out of position, don't be forced into rushing your attacks and leave yourself get countered. Don't be afraid to go backwards with a few passes and switch the play across the back if you're out of options.

Even when defending dont rush in and always look to cut off the passing lanes, everyone looks for the through ball so check the radar for off the ball runs and get in the way of the pass. Always try push the player away from goals and let him make the first move before you tackle. As people have said already R2/RT is great for standing your ground as a defender and lining up the challenge. Maybe use the right stick when defending for player switching as it's much faster and accurate, turn on target guide in the control menu and it gives you a little arrow to see what player your selecting with right stick switching. You can also use L1/LB and flick the right stick towards a player when your attacking to send a player on a forward run

No, I haven't. Been playing seasons. I feel like I have to use sprint a lot as my opponent always uses it! It's tough.

What's myclub like? Is it both offline and online?

No, I haven't. Been playing seasons. I feel like I have to use sprint a lot as my opponent always uses it! It's tough.

What's myclub like? Is it both offline and online?

Instead of chasing down the opponent maybe try move backwards and cover the passing lanes to try limit their options and hold the pressure button to get a teammate to close down the ball carrier. Try out fluid tactics aswell it's fantastic for seasons, you can tweak everything off the ball and in attack to exactly how you want to play but it'll take a bit of adjusting and getting used to over a couple of games.

I think Myclub is **** this year but some people enjoy it, the gamemode itself is great but the teamspirit level really messes with the a.i.

Maybe try set up player match lobbies or add a few people from boards or other pes websites for friendlies, I find people are less sweaty and enjoyable to play against outside of seasons and myclub

Instead of chasing down the opponent maybe try move backwards and cover the passing lanes to try limit their options and hold the pressure button to get a teammate to close down the ball carrier. Try out fluid tactics aswell it's fantastic for seasons, you can tweak everything off the ball and in attack to exactly how you want to play but it'll take a bit of adjusting and getting used to over a couple of games.

I think Myclub is **** this year but some people enjoy it, the gamemode itself is great but the teamspirit level really messes with the a.i.

Maybe try set up player match lobbies or add a few people from boards or other pes websites for friendlies, I find people are less sweaty and enjoyable to play against outside of seasons and myclub

Is this the only way to defend then? Sit back with a deep defensive line? Does it not make the game a bit predictable?

I tried a game there now playing a high defensive line and pressing them high up the pitch and got beat 4-0 :(

Also having trouble with the manual passing, doesn't seem very fluid and the passes seem laboured. Anybody any advice?

Is this the only way to defend then? Sit back with a deep defensive line? Does it not make the game a bit predictable?

I tried a game there now playing a high defensive line and pressing them high up the pitch and got beat 4-0 :(

Also having trouble with the manual passing, doesn't seem very fluid and the passes seem laboured. Anybody any advice?

Why do you still play the game? Nothing bad can be said about Pro Evolution, it is the most perfect game ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Are people scoring many free kicks? Haven't got one yet.
    garrixfan wrote: »

Penos are grand if you've done them in training and know how they work.
    EDIT: Just checked your posting history, 28 posts in this forum, all saying how shít the game is and how fifa is better. Nothing wrong with that, but as Wilberto said, why do you play the game? If you prefer a different football game (even an older one), just play that. Life's too short to be putting hours into a game you can't get to grips with

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Cienciano wrote: »

Haven't scored one either but haven't taken a huge amount to be fair. Still not really sure what's the best way to use the dip and curl. Generally end up aiming for the corner and just trying to get the power right, no curl/swerve. Crossbar and a few fingertip saves closest I've come so far in a match.

Make sure when your pressing teams high up the pitch that you're not dragging players out of their position. High lines seem to get caught out a lot this year because if the improved attacking a.i auto running into space if they see a gap, the defensive a.i wasn't improved to match it so you always have to flick the right stick to a defender to track a run or block a through ball when defending. It can be very tough at times but I feel its realistic, not many teams sprint aimlessly after the oppostion in real life, most teams defend deep when under pressure.
    If you prefer high pressure try an offside trap with your high line, use the d-pad to move your defensive line up and double tap the d-pad to play a quick offside trap. One of the lads I play against has mastered it and it does my head in :p

1-2 passes and certain short passes are broken on manual at times but it's being sorted in the next update

Cienciano wrote: »

Penos are grand if you've done them in training and know how they work.
    EDIT: Just checked your posting history, 28 posts in this forum, all saying how shít the game is and how fifa is better. Nothing wrong with that, but as Wilberto said, why do you play the game? If you prefer a different football game (even an older one), just play that. Life's too short to be putting hours into a game you can't get to grips with

I know how they work, they look ****ing poverty as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

B_Sharp wrote: »
    Haven't scored one either but haven't taken a huge amount to be fair. Still not really sure what's the best way to use the dip and curl. Generally end up aiming for the corner and just trying to get the power right, no curl/swerve. Crossbar and a few fingertip saves closest I've come so far in a match.

https://youtu.be/_ua4DHLbUsg

Managed to get a couple, but not using anything other than aim at corner and get power right. Sure somebody has a better method.

One of arsenal lads not jumping in wall was a help :)

Make sure when your pressing teams high up the pitch that you're not dragging players out of their position. High lines seem to get caught out a lot this year because if the improved attacking a.i auto running into space if they see a gap, the defensive a.i wasn't improved to match it so you always have to flick the right stick to a defender to track a run or block a through ball when defending. It can be very tough at times but I feel its realistic, not many teams sprint aimlessly after the oppostion in real life, most teams defend deep when under pressure.
    If you prefer high pressure try an offside trap with your high line, use the d-pad to move your defensive line up and double tap the d-pad to play a quick offside trap. One of the lads I play against has mastered it and it does my head in :p

1-2 passes and certain short passes are broken on manual at times but it's being sorted in the next update

Thanks for that, very helpful. Looking forward to trying this stuff out. How does the right stick work? I was flicking it and arrows were coming up on the screen but nothing seemed to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Had some ridiculous games on MyClub last night, 6-6, 6-2 and 5-2 (unfortunately I didn't win any of them) and was thinking it was all a bit silly but then had some tighter 2-2 and 1-1 games tonight.

I'd never played MyClub before and am getting into it but the contract renewals and stamina stuff is making me yearn for the update so I can start a Master League. It's hard to build up enough GP to keep contracts going and eventually buy a player. The only way I can think of that working is by only playing the COM because I can win those handily. Online matches on the other hand...

Also, what's the story with SIM games? It says I've to win some to keep my manager automatically. Is that just watching your team play another as COMs?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Nokotan wrote: »
    I'd never played MyClub before and am getting into it but the contract renewals and stamina stuff is making me yearn for the update so I can start a Master League.

What update are you waiting for?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

da gamer wrote: »
    What update are you waiting for?

The squad update on the 29th October. The rosters are currently only updated for online and exhibition modes, but not yet for the master league.

Thanks for that, very helpful. Looking forward to trying this stuff out. How does the right stick work? I was flicking it and arrows were coming up on the screen but nothing seemed to happen.

When you're defending flick the right stick towards the player you want to select, hold it a little longer for a player further away. Attacking hold Lb/L1 and use the right stick to pick out a player and it sends them on a forward run.
    Go into you're control options and put cursor change on semi-assisted, sometimes assisted overrides the right stick change for defending.

You can also completely control the run of a player on the attack using the right stick if you put teammate controls on manual but it's **** hard to do, i came across a few players online using it and i got battered but I'll never get the hang of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Anybody want to play some friendlies on Ps4?

When you're defending flick the right stick towards the player you want to select, hold it a little longer for a player further away. Attacking hold Lb/L1 and use the right stick to pick out a player and it sends them on a forward run.
    Go into you're control options and put cursor change on semi-assisted, sometimes assisted overrides the right stick change for defending.

You can also completely control the run of a player on the attack using the right stick if you put teammate controls on manual but it's **** hard to do, i came across a few players online using it and i got battered but I'll never get the hang of it

Just tried the right stick for defending and all it seemed to do was switch player which I was doing before with L1. I don't see the benefit of using the right stick.

Just tried the right stick for defending and all it seemed to do was switch player which I was doing before with L1. I don't see the benefit of using the right stick.

You can quickly pick out the exact player that you want to select instead of hitting L1 a few times to land on him. I find it very handy if I'm in midfield but spot a defensive gap I'll hit the right stick and pick out my CB and use him to cover the gap or to drag my full back forward for pressure.

Also hitting L1 3-4 times to pick out a player when defending can be a hindrance with the a.i as sometimes when you're cycling through players it can stop their run when the a.i is tracking back

You can quickly pick out the exact player that you want to select instead of hitting L1 a few times to land on him. I find it very handy if I'm in midfield but spot a defensive gap I'll hit the right stick and pick out my CB and use him to cover the gap or to drag my full back forward for pressure.

Also hitting L1 3-4 times to pick out a player when defending can be a hindrance with the a.i as sometimes when you're cycling through players it can stop their run when the a.i is tracking back

Thanks. I'll persist and keep trying it out. I need all the help I can get!

Just had a few games of myclub there. Not sure I like it. You can't sign players you want to sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Fu*kin Chelsea and Costa. Keep beating me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Fu*kin Chelsea and Costa. Keep beating me.

Can happen alrite, Manchester City repeatedly kick my ar$e but I mananged to sneak past them over two legs recently. No doubt the next time I see them I'll get annihilated again.

Dropping a player to screen passes is definitely the way to defend and use press button to pressurise the ball.

Even when losing its an enjoyable game cos you can see how you might have gotten dragged out of position in conceding a goal and learn from it. Keeping shape essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Anyone else been having issues with the server since yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

How do you get the squad updates? I was connected to the internet and it seemed to do an update but the squads are still the same in offline modes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

How do you get the squad updates? I was connected to the internet and it seemed to do an update but the squads are still the same in offline modes?

When you're playing a friendly match and you get to the team select screen you have to press R3 on PS4 (assume its the same on X1) to apply the update squads for offline friendly matches.

If you want them for other offline modes you'll have to wait until the squad updates this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

http://www.pesworld.co.uk/2015/10/pes-world-pes-2016-european-national.html

PESWorld releasing their European national kits on Tuesday!

Preview video at the link, they look brilliant as usual.

Advertisement