Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'm really enjoying the ML.
    First season on regular difficulty.
    Made a charge mid season where i won 10 on the bounce but then back to back draws and then 2 defeats put paid to getting promoted :(
    S.Coutinho is great though, top scorer so far ahead of Vardy :D
    I didn't buy anyone yet (any recommendations)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I'm really enjoying the ML.
    First season on regular difficulty.
    Made a charge mid season where i won 10 on the bounce but then back to back draws and then 2 defeats put paid to getting promoted :(
    S.Coutinho is great though, top scorer so far ahead of Vardy :D
    I didn't buy anyone yet (any recommendations)

Load up on free transfers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Loving it, best master league in years.

Playing on superstar, playing with the master league fellas and I'm on my second season.

Won the Championship the first season, just about. Really tense last 4 or 5 games where I played the leaders, QPR , bet them to go top only to then threw away a 1-0 lead with 10 minutes to go with the team in 3rd, Boro to lose 2-1. Luckily QPR dropped points so it didnt matter in the end. I was hearbroken when boro scored the goal in the last minute.

My team is mostly free transfers. Players of note I got at the start were

F.Frei CM , N.Lopez CF, Pluim CM, Cedrick LWF (his rating is higher as a LMF/RMF), Kiko LB, Diallo CB, Bakker CB, Knockheart RMF (maybe I bought him?)

So played through the first half of the season and was doing ok, knocking around the playoff spots. That spanish attacking mid you start with got injured really early on which was a shame (injuries happend waaay more in this than seasons gone by, which is more realistic).

Got a couple of decent offers for players and took a chance on it. Sold Pluim for £5m, regretably sold the fella you start with who has decent finishing for next to nothing, as I ended up using him after he was agreed to be sold and banged in a few goals! I sold most of the starting players I got offers for, Coutinho etc

Couple of big singing at Christmas completely changed it for me. Took the Pluim money and bought Emre Can for £6m, he was really solid for me, good fitness and seems to be able to play a good few games in a row.

Was looking at the expiring contracts list and saw a guy called Jese LWF from Real Madrid, his contract was up at the end of the year. Started negotiations and was delighted when the scout came back with £600k or something, he was £7m rated player or something!

Pretty much exact same thing for Alcacer CF, got him for way under his value.

Two boyos lit up the place anyways and had a very strong finish to the season to end up winning it.

The two CBs in the second half of the season were on that, "He's looking really good, keep playing him to improve him" thing and both jumped about 5 rating points by the time they were done!

My team morale thing was pretty low at the start, but by the end of the season it was up in the 90s

My tactic in the first season heavily relied on dribbling, Lopez is very good at it and would make mince meat of most defenses. He is after getting injured my second season and the defenses are much better so that tactic is not working anymore!

Got the Irish job at the start of the second season as well!

I didnt change the team massively in the summer, added a few more free transfers. Iturbe from Roma, Jordan Ibe (who actually looks like him since the update!). I got Origi on loan from Liverpool, £600k for the year and Liverpool pay his wages, great value! Replaced most of my cover players from the original team with Kids, fresh batch were decent from the youth team.

As I said, loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Loving it, best master league in years.

Playing on superstar, playing with the master league fellas and I'm on my second season.

Won the Championship the first season, just about. Really tense last 4 or 5 games where I played the leaders, QPR , bet them to go top only to then threw away a 1-0 lead with 10 minutes to go with the team in 3rd, Boro to lose 2-1. Luckily QPR dropped points so it didnt matter in the end. I was hearbroken when boro scored the goal in the last minute.

My team is mostly free transfers. Players of note I got at the start were

F.Frei CM , N.Lopez CF, Pluim CM, Cedrick LWF (his rating is higher as a LMF/RMF), Kiko LB, Diallo CB, Bakker CB, Knockheart RMF (maybe I bought him?)

So played through the first half of the season and was doing ok, knocking around the playoff spots. That spanish attacking mid you start with got injured really early on which was a shame (injuries happend waaay more in this than seasons gone by, which is more realistic).

Got a couple of decent offers for players and took a chance on it. Sold Pluim for £5m, regretably sold the fella you start with who has decent finishing for next to nothing, as I ended up using him after he was agreed to be sold and banged in a few goals! I sold most of the starting players I got offers for, Coutinho etc

Couple of big singing at Christmas completely changed it for me. Took the Pluim money and bought Emre Can for £6m, he was really solid for me, good fitness and seems to be able to play a good few games in a row.

Was looking at the expiring contracts list and saw a guy called Jese LWF from Real Madrid, his contract was up at the end of the year. Started negotiations and was delighted when the scout came back with £600k or something, he was £7m rated player or something!

Pretty much exact same thing for Alcacer CF, got him for way under his value.

Two boyos lit up the place anyways and had a very strong finish to the season to end up winning it.

The two CBs in the second half of the season were on that, "He's looking really good, keep playing him to improve him" thing and both jumped about 5 rating points by the time they were done!

My team morale thing was pretty low at the start, but by the end of the season it was up in the 90s

My tactic in the first season heavily relied on dribbling, Lopez is very good at it and would make mince meat of most defenses. He is after getting injured my second season and the defenses are much better so that tactic is not working anymore!

Got the Irish job at the start of the second season as well!

I didnt change the team massively in the summer, added a few more free transfers. Iturbe from Roma, Jordan Ibe (who actually looks like him since the update!). I got Origi on loan from Liverpool, £600k for the year and Liverpool pay his wages, great value! Replaced most of my cover players from the original team with Kids, fresh batch were decent from the youth team.

As I said, loving it!

I have iturbe and in my fifth season, he is an absolute beast. His dribbling is unbelievable, I will buy him for every single master league in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Could anybody tell me is the transfer update in place or when will it be available??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I think Jese, Itrube and Son H.M. are just those players that everyone has in their Master League, purely because they're cheap, young, and have a ****tonne of potential. Making great use of my youth team as well, have a young Nemanja Vidic partnering Gimenez at centre back! ;)

I think if you're like me and play counter attacking football with one lying deep in midfield, you should make that player Rabiot from PSG, very young but good from the get-go; just train him up in speed. My faith in Martin Ødegaard has come good as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

JamieK wrote: »
    Could anybody tell me is the transfer update in place or when will it be available??

No idea when. They said last week that it would be 'announced in the next few weeks'.

Ridiculous really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

So are most people of the opinion that Master League (offline modes) is better than MyClub (online modes)?
    I always thought playing real opposition was more satisfying. Should I play Master League instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

So are most people of the opinion that Master League (offline modes) is better than MyClub (online modes)?
    I always thought playing real opposition was more satisfying. Should I play Master League instead?

If the online games played like the offline then MyClub would be much better. It's the delays that kill me when playing online.

In MyClub you can play against the COM too which is rewarding itself.

There's just a lot of hassle with MyClub that a casual player may not want. Such as contracts. Every ten games a player plays you need to renew his contract, that costs GP, GP takes a while to build up.

Although you hear of some lads having 200k GP and spending it all on spins. No idea how you can amass that amount of GP whilst having a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Nokotan wrote: »
    Although you hear of some lads having 200k GP and spending it all on spins. No idea how you can amass that amount of GP whilst having a life.
    You can't, says an awful lot about the lads with 200k GP...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I find offline most fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Got the Anniversary edition? off Amazon this morning (the game box took a real battering but the sleeve and steelbook are ok).
    I mainly play single player so made the jump back to PES after I sold FIFA 16 which has gone to gell in that regard.
    Just wondering how to download the squad updates as I downloaded the latest patch & there is still Borini at Liverpool & a few more not done.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Got the Anniversary edition? off Amazon this morning (the game box took a real battering but the sleeve and steelbook are ok).
    I mainly play single player so made the jump back to PES after I sold FIFA 16 which has gone to gell in that regard.
    Just wondering how to download the squad updates as I downloaded the latest patch & there is still Borini at Liverpool & a few more not done.

Basically they released a data pack with updated squads but somehow (yes, somehow) they realised after releasing the transfer updates that they had only updated the transfers to the 24th of August or something like that. So since then they have said that they will be updated 'soon' and last week said they would release the release date in the next few weeks.

I love the game but what's happening with updated squads it utter bóllocks at this stage. It's nearly 3 months since the window closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

By the time it's sorted the January transfer window will be open

• Registered Users Posts: 23 _Ace_

Any possible methods to insert option files on XBO as yet? Considering flipping to PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

That's at least a bonus for all the crap that's gone on with the transfers but judging by what has gone on, it'll be the World Cup by the time we get all the stuff for the Euros!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

tigger123 wrote: »
    Anyone know what this will consist of? What exactly are we getting for free?

I'd guess updated kits / balls / adboards and cup structure - perhaps an additional 'play Euro 2016' campaign , similar to Europa and Champ League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

I have a PS3, does anybody know if this game is worth buying at 50 euro? I usually like to play football games online, but as a former PES fan, I'll definitely be playing Master League aswell if its good this year. I've seen reports saying online is pathetic, how true are they?

• Advertisement

I edited all of the Premier League kits.
    Is there a limit on the amount of kits you can import?
    I love playing stuff like the ACON & Copa America so want to edit all international kits eventually too....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

ERG89 wrote: »
    I edited all of the Premier League kits.
    Is there a limit on the amount of kits you can import?
    I love playing stuff like the ACON & Copa America so want to edit all international kits eventually too....

Yes, there's definitely a limit. It should say how much space you have left when you import. I think it's just after you import images, and only stays on the screen for about a second. :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »
    Yes, there's definitely a limit. It should say how much space you have left when you import. I think it's just after you import images, and only stays on the screen for about a second. :pac:

I think its around 230 or 260 from vague flashbacks so if you say that each team needs at least 3 spots (home, away, GK) , you're talking about 75-80 teams assuming you don't go mad on 3rd kits.

Data Pack 2 with updated transfers and new kits.

December 3rd

More details here:
    http://www.pesworld.co.uk/2015/11/pes-2016-data-pack-20-release-date-and.html?m=1

Free to play version of PES 2016 coming on December 8th
    The edition is being described by Konami as 'entry level', and at this stage has only been announced for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. It will include an Exhibition Mode with the choice of seven teams - including Bayern Munich, Juventus, AS Roma, Brazil and France - a full training section, and unlimited access to PES' MyClub feature.

Although Konami describes the free-to-play edition of PES 2016 as an "overview of the game’s stunning levels of control", it's also promising it will "be compatible with all future gameplay and content updates throughout the entire PES 2016 season".
    Source: IGN

Anyone here get the 20th anniversary edition?
    I put in my dlc code for Neymar & other content. it was accepted but then it didn't download & I haven't got an email for the purchase from Sony either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Look in your messages in myclub.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Look in your messages in myclub.

THANKS!
    Are these codes erm one use

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well i got bored of it after not touching it for about a month i went and played a few games last night ...and yeah I'm done with it to be honest , traded it in for Fifa 16 today...I sort of feel dirty but **** it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Well i got bored of it after not touching it for about a month i went and played a few games last night ...and yeah I'm done with it to be honest , traded it in for Fifa 16 today...I sort of feel dirty but **** it

Gonna do the same.
    It's a great game but the online is shocking and playing the AI can only be fun for so long.

Advertisement