Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm definitely getting this, really enjoyed the demo.

The only problem is that I wish I could give my players specific instructions. I find players not doing what I would like them to do, and it really affects the build up play.

I would like to decide which of my CMs will break forward, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have been a Fifa player since Fifa 94 and never took to PES.
    But so pissed off with Fifa in the past few years and I'm going to jump to PES.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Keep playing and love so many things about this game.
    Seems to be way fewer niggles than previous years. The collision system and physics really makes the game so realistic. I love how strong players can almost force themselves through!
    Looking forward to getting a mediocre team through a league competition.
    Really hope the commentary is improved this year... apparently it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Really hope the commentary is improved this year... apparently it has.

Andy Townsend and Micheal Owen doing it this year.

cool!
    I'd look forward to Andy... not sure about Owen!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Been playing the demo alot.
    Loving it. Few niggly bits wrong..but overall i think they have it spot on.

Collison system works very well.
    The dribbling is immense, made a fool out of some defenders with couthinos close control and turns.

Stronger players eg lewondowski can force there way through 2 players. Had an instance where he broke between 2 defenders...held off the 2 of em and began to stumble to ground but just about stayed standing...unfortunately my lack of shooting abilty i scuffed it miles wide...

Cant wait for full release.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I know someone here suggested the advanced shooting and passing recently so I tried it out yesterday.....

Safe to say I won't be using it again! The advanced shooting is pointless as you can do the same thing with basic controls if you aim correctly. Now the advanced through ball system can be very distracting BUT I do at least see that it can become useful if you master it. The through balls aren't as easy to do in PES 2016 which is good as people spammed it in PES 2015. So using the advanced through ball system would allow you to pass it where you want but you'd need a lot of space to execute it and that is where I kept losing the ball!

Went back playing 2015 last night and it was so slow compared to 2016! Don't get me wrong, I like 2015 but after playing 2016 you realise how much of a step up in class it has taken. Brilliant game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

whiskeyman wrote: »
    cool!
    I'd look forward to Andy... not sure about Owen!!

He's joking.

It's still the same team of Jon Champion & Jim Beglin (both whom I'm a fan of).

I was joking but I'm fairly certain I heard there was new commentary for it. Whether its new guys doing it or just new recordings by the same guys I'm not sure.

Colemania wrote: »
    I know someone here suggested the advanced shooting and passing recently so I tried it out yesterday.....

Safe to say I won't be using it again! The advanced shooting is pointless as you can do the same thing with basic controls if you aim correctly. Now the advanced through ball system can be very distracting BUT I do at least see that it can become useful if you master it. The through balls aren't as easy to do in PES 2016 which is good as people spammed it in PES 2015. So using the advanced through ball system would allow you to pass it where you want but you'd need a lot of space to execute it and that is where I kept losing the ball!

I've used every setting quite a bit and passing level 1 and basic shooting is my favorite but manual shooting and passing has its benefits.

On manual passing I consistently pull off fantastic through balls and big switches, but I keep messing up the simple A passes to feet.

On manual shooting, taking shots from anywhere outside the box is lethal, but heading, finesse shots, and chips are too difficult for me to use it.

I'm basically left with only 1 shot in my locker and that's just a laces shot. Its not worth it using it in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I was joking but I'm fairly certain I heard there was new commentary for it. Whether its new guys doing it or just new recordings by the same guys I'm not sure.

Same guys new recordings.

There are new recordings every year on top of previous years' recordings that are still relevant.

Jim Beglin has answered a good few questions on his Twitter about it.

"The problem with Arsenal is they always try to walk it in"

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

I've used every setting quite a bit and passing level 1 and basic shooting is my favorite but manual shooting and passing has its benefits.

On manual passing I consistently pull off fantastic through balls and big switches, but I keep messing up the simple A passes to feet.

On manual shooting, taking shots from anywhere outside the box is lethal, but heading, finesse shots, and chips are too difficult for me to use it.

I'm basically left with only 1 shot in my locker and that's just a laces shot. Its not worth it using it in my opinion.

Noob. You can finesse on manual it just doesn't bend into the bottom corner everytime. With basic shooting it feels like the same goals over and over again

Do you think basic shooting and lvl 1 passing is over powered ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Yes, think about it, the amount of input or skill the player is responsible for is minimal. The whole point of being good at the game for me is that you should be able to power and direct the shots/passes yourself. There should be extreme incentives for manual play because the game is in a different dimension played that way.

Which way do you want to score, left, right or center? That's what is happening. And the ping pong passing that players can do without having to even consider aiming it close to the next player? It's just silly. It should be an accomplishment or at least require concentration.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Do you think basic shooting and lvl 1 passing is over powered ?

Not overpowered at all but I get bored after a while and you tend to lose the freedom that makes it exciting. Honestly stick with manual playing the demo and see how it is in the final release its so rewarding. You'll score goals you can never score with assisted

• Registered Users Posts: 11,878 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Only £30 to pre-order at TheGameCollection.net on the PS4

Never ordered from them myself before but looks like a snip at around €40 (with €2.50 delivery)

http://www.thegamecollection.net/pes-2016-ps4.html?tduid=931604200376504180bc1bca8d411e5b

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I want to order the 20th anniversary edition of PES (mainly for the myClub content), but when I choose shipping to Ireland with Amazon, it will not arrive until Monday or Tuesday. If I send it to Parcel Motel, it will reach there on Friday, but I'll have to wait an extra day to play it.

It's not available in Smyths or HMV (only the day one edition). I refuse to give Gamestop my business due to the fact they are always the dearest bricks & mortar store for every new release. It looks like my stubbornness will mean I won't get to play it at release unless I can somehow free up enough space on my PS4 to download the digital version.

Where's the cheapest place to order / buy for the Xbox 360?
    I have a parcel motel account if somewhere in uk does free delivery.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

€54:99 for PES at xtravision. Is that the best price around?

• Advertisement

€54:99 for PES at xtravision. Is that the best price around?

For bricks and mortar it's pretty good, but you can pick it up online for €40.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/pes-2016-ps4.html

Anyone know if there'll be a digital download for the Xbox one? Can't find anything about it

No pre order for a digital download copy for xbox one.

No pre order for a digital download copy for xbox one.

Aww crap! Is there going to be a digital download on the day or at all after release?

I'm going to take a chance going to xtravision the day before release and if that doesn't work I'll just download it sometime after midnight when its on the store.

I'm going to take a chance going to xtravision the day before release and if that doesn't work I'll just download it sometime after midnight when its on the store.

On their website it's 54.99 to preorder. Cheapest I've seen in Ireland so far. Working out at about 45 euro from UK though but that's excluding delivery. This is all for the Xbox one copy by the way. Seems to be a small bit cheaper on ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

On their website it's 54.99 to preorder. Cheapest I've seen in Ireland so far. Working out at about 45 euro from UK though but that's excluding delivery. This is all for the Xbox one copy by the way. Seems to be a small bit cheaper on ps4

It's £31.75 including delivery from the game collection (I cant link cause its blocked in work)

You get 100 points for setting up an account which you can use to take another 25p off (every little helps right :))

It's £31.75 including delivery from the game collection (I cant link cause its blocked in work)

You get 100 points for setting up an account which you can use to take another 25p off (every little helps right :))

I'd second the game collection. Going to buy all my games from them now.

Bought MGSV on Thursday 28th, it was shipped by the afternoon and had it delivered to my Irish address on Monday 31st, the day before official release.

If it was a Friday release and I was desperate, I would Parcel Motel it and I'd imagine you'd have it by Saturday at the latest. Would cost €2 more in total.

Excellent service and so much cheaper.

I'd second the game collection. Going to buy all my games from them now.

Bought MGSV on Thursday 28th, it was shipped by the afternoon and had it delivered to my Irish address on Monday 31st, the day before official release.

If it was a Friday release and I was desperate, I would Parcel Motel it and I'd imagine you'd have it by Saturday at the latest. Would cost €2 more in total.

Excellent service and so much cheaper.

Just ordered PES 2016 for €44.70 including delivery to my door. Very happy with that! Can't be worse than amazon last year when it took about 2 weeks after release date to get it!!

• Advertisement

Just ordered PES 2016 for €44.70 including delivery to my door. Very happy with that! Can't be worse than amazon last year when it took about 2 weeks after release date to get it!!

You're dead right, as much as I want it on the day of release too, I'd rather have an extra €10 or €20 in my wallet and wait the extra day in the very worst case scenario. And the very best case, day before release :D

The Game Collection seem top notch for delivery though from all accounts.

Advertisement