Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I was playing season's online last night and England and France both had their old kits. Maybe it isn't updated for online yet as I haven't played the euro tournament yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I was playing season's online last night and England and France both had their old kits. Maybe it isn't updated for online yet as I haven't played the euro tournament yet.

They're all up to date on offline modes

No Irish national anthem in the game which is a bit odd...

I know it's a small thing but it's stuff like this that annoys me about pes. Why can't they change both online and offline kits at the same time? Suppose it'll be another 5/6 weeks before that's sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

Has anyone here won the Europa League in the master league? Do you qualify for the following seasons champions league?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Moghead wrote: »
    Has anyone here won the Europa League in the master league? Do you qualify for the following seasons champions league?

Yes you do. Only won it there this week.... with Rotheram Utd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

Uriel. wrote: »
    Yes you do. Only won it there this week.... with Rotheram Utd :)

Trying to win it with Forest myself, top 4 in the league is touch and go though...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I got out of the group and made it to the quarter finals of it with Paris FC (the small one ;)).

Unfortunately, I was knocked out against a Man Utd side who, despite winning 4-0 at Old Trafford, tried their very best to self destruct as we cruised to a 4-1 victory at home. Martial scoring the all important away goal for them though which sent them through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Do any of you lads think that the re-gens of the retired players in Master League give your teams far too much of a leg up from the word go?

Like I'm half way into my 6th ML season; I spent the first 5 with United (the default ML squad) and started dominating the league and Europe through a combination of tactical purchasing and promotions from the youth team. For my 6th season I decided to move over to Espanyol for a bit of a challenge and also to experience a different league, seeing how I would fair in La Liga with the big 3 still maintaining their oligopoly over Spanish soccer.

As expected with crap team spirit and an aging team with very few decent young players I struggled for the first 6 or 7 games, the transfer budget and the initial youth squad picks weren't great either. I had a packed squad as well with too many players over 30, so my first priority was to ship out those of which I did not deem necessary and give me some budget to play with, but most didn't go until the January transfer window.

I knew I would rely a good bit on the retired re-gens to rebuild the squad but I didn't think I would to the extent I did! After all the selling I was left with €55 million to spend and I hardly touched it because I was able to bring up the following players from the youth team:

Per Mertesacker
    Francesco Totti
    Franck Ribery (16 y.o free agent transfer)
    Luca Toni
    Tiago
    Fernandinho

That's in addition to a re-gen of Tim Cahill I bought from United in the summer, and summer re-gens of Claudio Pizarro and Sergei Ignashevich.
    Now about 30 games into La Liga I'm sitting 3 points above Atletico in 3rd, and 6/7 points behind Barca and Real respectively, and I'm almost guaranteed a CL position.

That's all great like, I'm enjoying the prospect of being back in the CL but I think these re-gens just take the challenge out of it, they are just too good. I think there probably should be a better way of regulating their distribution across teams in ML. I wouldn't mind but those players are only at 81-74 rating at the moment, and they're going to get a lot better very quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

The regens for me is the worst thing about PES. I don't want a 16 year old John Terry. Random names such as Fidel Castro from south donegal and such is what I'm after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

RossieMan wrote: »
    The regens for me is the worst thing about PES. I don't want a 16 year old John Terry. Random names such as Fidel Castro from south donegal and such is what I'm after.

Fully agree, I don't know why they couldn't assign the career prospects of a retiree to a random named person. The fact that the appearances and all are the same is a bit of a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

To be honest I don't mind using the retired players as re-gens, complete with names and likenesses, It's actually gas having a 16 year old John Terry playing for you for example. The thing that is crap and takes the challenge out of it is that the game replicates that player's career trajectory and their quality almost exactly.

So when you see Totti, Terry, Vidic, and Ribery in your youth team squad you know you're getting players who are guaranteed to be good now, and will be world class a few seasons down the line. It would be far better if they re-gen'd John Terry (for example) with chance of him turning out to be complete and utter dogshit.

It could work the other way around too; imagine Paul McShane retiring and his re-gen ends up being the next Paolo Maldini? It would take the predictability out of it and put the challenge back into your managerial decision making when promoting the youth team players to the first team squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Is there not an option when you start master league to stop retiring players coming back as regens?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Is there an option in the ML to have classic players randomly appearing? There definitely was in older versions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

tigger123 wrote: »
    Is there an option in the ML to have classic players randomly appearing? There definitely was in older versions.

I'm fairly certain there is, but it's only available when you set up the league as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

This is currently 30eur new in Gamestop on PS4. Bought it yesterday after months of playing the free to play PES !

Master league all the way and I update five teams kits every time i turn it on (havent imported crests or sponsors yet).

I also changed the PAU league to joint Irish / N. Irish league. For the craic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Hahahaha :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is there any link to get the unlicensed euro kits. Struggling to find a few including Rep of Ireland

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is there any link to get the unlicensed euro kits. Struggling to find a few including Rep of Ireland

Pes universe is where I got mine. One file to download for all the missing euro kits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Three things been annoying me for a while now:

1) Lack of free kicks/cards etc

2) Slide tackles from all angles connecting is very annoying

3) People only picking Bayern/Barca/Real in the online divisions

Online itself running very smoothly at least.

Is there going to be an online tournament mode for Euro 2016 at all do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

i'd say no chance, going by how long it took them to sort transfers etc i really wouldn't expect any online content.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

callaway92 wrote: »
    Is there going to be an online tournament mode for Euro 2016 at all do ye think?

The wepes national open isn't bad in the online competitions tab. Got to the semi final with Austria a while ago.

Colemania wrote: »
    The wepes national open isn't bad in the online competitions tab. Got to the semi final with Austria a while ago.

Yeah the online tournaments are fun but the matches are too short.

Would be nice to have full length matches in a group format thing. I'm sure it would've been possible in a way similar to the way the World Cup was done in FIFA a couple of years ago (but just sticking with one country instead of your 'Ultimate Team'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

One...one euro2016 stadium. Brilliant.

Fairly sick rebound scissor kick I scored in one of those online tournaments earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Got this as a bday present yesterday. Is there a decent option file going around?

Got this as a bday present yesterday. Is there a decent option file going around?

There are no option files, you have to edit yourself by importing kits (if you're on ps4). Check out sites like pesworld or similar for kits, crests and guides

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

Is there any site that does any good stat conversions to reflect the past season?

Advertisement