Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2016 (including selfie celebrations)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

It good was good last year. But you have to remember 2015 was the first MyClub. It will be better this year no doubt. You can build a quality team without having to spend money. Problem with it last year was that because it was easy to build a good team everyone had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,878 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

First reviews flying in and....... it's looking good.

Gamespot – 9/10
    Videogamer – “the greatest football game of all time”
    Games Radar – 4.5/5
    Ars Technica – “an instant classic”
    IGN Spain - 8.5/10
    IGN UK - "PES 2016 might well be the best football game ever made" (review in progress)

Gamespot one is a good read; http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/pes-2016-review/1900-6416240/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

First reviews flying in and....... it's looking good.

Gamespot – 9/10
    Videogamer – “the greatest football game of all time”
    Games Radar – 4.5/5
    Ars Technica – “an instant classic”
    IGN Spain - 8.5/10
    IGN UK - "PES 2016 might well be the best football game ever made" (review in progress)

Gamespot one is a good read; http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/pes-2016-review/1900-6416240/

Some reviewers holding off on giving their rating until they can play myclub as the servers are down until release but they've still said it's the best football game of all time. Really hope bhope people get behind it so there'll be more people playing online

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Looking forward to the IGN UK review. Can't wait for this :D

A great line from one of those reviews is that FIFA really is the game you want for the look of football but PES is what you want for the feel and for the reviewer the feel was everything.

Can't wait for it. Hurry up and ship Game Collection!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Looks like option files aren't going to be in the game after all and I will have to add the Bundesliga myself. Annoying..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Oat23 wrote: »
    Looks like option files aren't going to be in the game after all and I will have to add the Bundesliga myself. Annoying..

On which platform?

The Gamespot review reads like a love letter :-D

tigger123 wrote: »
    On which platform?

The Gamespot review reads like a love letter :-D

PS4.

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes-2016-edit-mode-and-selected-premier-league-kits/

From Gamesradar's review today;
    For the first time, the PS4 version of PES will allow the importing of images. This means the ability to create your own kits for any teams that aren’t licensed and adding them into the game. The PES community is a great one, so keep an eye on the likes of PES World for some high quality Premier League kits and a whole lot more. You can even import custom club crests, league emblems and manager images; it’s a great little feature that's definitely worth exploring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

PS4.

Source? Everything I read about PES is saying that it will be fully editable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Where are you getting this from?

EDIT: Here - http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=97816&page=13

I'll be pretty pissed if there isn't a option file. You think they'd know at this stage ffs!

tigger123 wrote: »
    Source? Everything I read about PES is saying that it will be fully editable.

Source is that there has been no update since Bhatti said "option file sharing for PS4 looks all good so far" back in July. We're now 4 days from launch and the embargo was lifted today yet nobody has mentioned OF's.

Image importing is different from an option file. An option file is where one guy does everything on his system (creates the league, teams, players etc.) and then makes that file available to everyone. I am 99.9% certain now that this isn't available this year and only image importing is, meaning we will have to create the leagues, teams and players but we can import all the images for those teams.

Source is that there has been no update since Bhatti said "option file sharing for PS4 looks all good so far" back in July. We're now 4 days from launch and the embargo was lifted today yet nobody has mentioned OF's.

Image importing is different from an option file. An option file is where one guy does everything on his system (creates the league, teams, players etc.) and then makes that file available to everyone. I am 99.9% certain now that this isn't available this year and only image importing is, meaning we will have to create the leagues, teams and players but we can import all the images for those teams.

Suppose it woudn't be Pes without a 5hr editing session before even playing a match :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    But is that Ps3 or Ps4?

Dosnt say, im guessing PC

2 review videos I watched on youtube and both said its the best gameplay in a football game ever!

Im going to get the fifa trial with ea access on Thursday. if it dosent grab me, Im going to get pes on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

2 review videos I watched on youtube and both said its the best gameplay in a football game ever!

Im going to get the fifa trial with ea access on Thursday. if it dosent grab me, Im going to get pes on Friday.

I can all ready tell you that EA Sports just copied and pasted the gameplay from Fifa 15 and added some new animations, women's football, and don't forget the game changing FUT draft mode.

Fifa has become a tax on stupid people to part them with their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I can all ready tell you that EA Sports just copied and pasted the gameplay from Fifa 15 .

Well they're hardly gonna build a new game every year. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

What platform is the only decision I am left with, PC or XBone, am I right in saying the PC version wont be next gen ? But I wont be able to d/l option files for Xbox, right ???

• Advertisement

bennyc wrote: »
    What platform is the only decision I am left with, PC or XBone, am I right in saying the PC version wont be next gen ? But I wont be able to d/l option files for Xbox, right ???

Ya thats right as far as I'm aware. If the lack of kits doesn't bother you so much, go for the Xbox one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

I'll be trading in last years game on ps4 in Gamestop, anyone know how much store credit I'll get?

I'll be trading in last years game on ps4 in Gamestop, anyone know how much store credit I'll get?

Check CEX online and whatever that is, half it at least.

To get any value on a sports game you need to trade it no later than July or so.. Anything close to release and they don't give much and trying on release of the next edition you'd be lucky to get e8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Check CEX online and whatever that is, half it at least.

To get any value on a sports game you need to trade it no later than July or so.. Anything close to release and they don't give much and trying on release of the next edition you'd be lucky to get e8.

Thanks for the swift reply!

Guys on Twitter saying there are no option files working for PS4 "yet" but they're still investigating.

Manual editing so for the kits but they'll have loads of them so I'm happy!

Guys on Twitter saying there are no option files working for PS4 "yet" but they're still investigating.

Manual editing so for the kits but they'll have loads of them so I'm happy!

I'm assuming you can manually edit kits on Xbox one too although from the beginning we knew we wouldn't get the options files. If we can upload images for kits, I'll probably do a few of the main premiership teams such as arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, man city and spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭breeno

Will there be downloadable custom option files available for ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Got it off the us psn store guys and i have to say its very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Colemania wrote: »
    Ya thats right as far as I'm aware. If the lack of kits doesn't bother you so much, go for the Xbox one.

I have everything from ISS on N64 to PES2008 buried in the attic somewhere so I have no issues with going back to Man Blue Merseyside Red and even Castolo and the boys if half the reviews are proven to be accurate.
    Just so happens I am laid up with a broken leg for the next month so safe to say I have not been as exited about a game release in quite a while :).

There is a PC demo on Friday if I can hold out but I want it on XBox One if the graphics are better.

Where's the best deal at the moment ? I see PC with DLC for £18 over on HUKD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

bennyc wrote: »
    I have everything from ISS on N64 to PES2008 buried in the attic somewhere so I have no issues with going back to Man Blue Merseyside Red and even Castolo and the boys if half the reviews are proven to be accurate.
    Just so happens I am laid up with a broken leg for the next month so safe to say I have not been as exited about a game release in quite a while :).

There is a PC demo on Friday if I can hold out but I want it on XBox One if the graphics are better.

Where's the best deal at the moment ? I see PC with DLC for £18 over on HUKD.

I think thegameCollection has the best price for the XBone.

The PC version isnt as good as the next gen versions apparently (its one of the main reasons I bought a PS4 :/ )

Advertisement