Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run the Line 2015

Options
  • 10-06-2015 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi all, RTL 2015 is happening again. The date is Nov 28th and it will be held at Lamb Doyles Pub. The website will be updated over the next few weeks with all the details.

www.runtheline.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

One of my favourite races of 2014...will definitely be signing up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

fletch wrote: »
    One of my favourite races of 2014...will definitely be signing up

Mine too. Now the decision. Long or short :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Definitely in again, short course last year so has to be long course this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

Registration is now open. www.runtheline.ie

• Advertisement

Registration is now open. www.runtheline.ie

Registered for the short again so I can see any improvement on last year. Not falling will be an improvement in itself!

I was new to trail running when I did this last year, and that led on to imra races. Highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

Potentially silly question here (in a how-long-is-a-piece-of-string way), but how hard is the 26km? And what sort of training will it take to do yourself justive as newb to mountain running? For context, I've only ever really done road running up to marathon distance.

crisco10 wrote: »
    Potentially silly question here (in a how-long-is-a-piece-of-string way), but how hard is the 26km? And what sort of training will it take to do yourself justive as newb to mountain running? For context, I've only ever really done road running up to marathon distance.

Hi there! If you can do a marathon and do a few 10/15 k runs in the hills you will be fine. We cater for all abilities so whether your slow or fast or somewhere in the middle, you will be looked after by the kind people at DWMRT. Thanks

Friday 31st of July is the final day of our early bird price. The price will go up from €25 to €35 so be sure not to miss out on one of the cheapest races you will get this year!

http://runtheline.ie/register/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

Hi there! If you can do a marathon and do a few 10/15 k runs in the hills you will be fine. We cater for all abilities so whether your slow or fast or somewhere in the middle, you will be looked after by the kind people at DWMRT. Thanks

Haha thanks.

Signed up...:-)

• Advertisement

REMINDER: Early bird price expires at midnight.

www.runtheline.ie/register

Thanks

S2S

Good morning folks,

Just a head's up that RTL 2015 is over half full with still over 2 months left to the big day. We are sure to sell out in advance of the event so please sign up soon to avoid disappointment.

Thanks,

S2S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Just signed up. Looking forward to it now!! :D

RTL is now 2/3rds full with still 8 weeks to go. Be sure to sign up soon to avoid disappointment! Thanks

Course elevation profiles added to main site now:

http://runtheline.ie/course-map/

RTL has now less than a 1/4 of entries still available. If you are still thinking about signing up, please remember to do so soon as the event will likely sell out once again.

Thanks,

S2S

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

Hiya
    Quite possibly a stupid question, but is this event suitable for walkers?
    Thanks

Fudge74 wrote: »
    Hiya
    Quite possibly a stupid question, but is this event suitable for walkers?
    Thanks

Hi there, this event is being sold as a run but that's not to say walkers cannot take part too. In saying that, there will be strict time cut offs in place throughout the course so if you feel you will not make them, then maybe the walking option may not be for you. However, if you feel you can walk fast enough to meet the cut offs, then by all means register away ;)

Cut off times can be found in the FAQ doc in the downloads tab of the site.

We also have dedicated walking events in January & March 2016(www.artoneillchallenge.ie / www.walktheline.ie) that you may also be interested in.

Thanks

S2S

I'm quite interested in this but I don't do mountain running, would I be better sticking with the 13km?

I've done the Warrior's run in Sligo back in August (which is a 15km road & mountain run, and I'll have done the Dublin Marathon 4 weeks prior. So I've miles in my legs, but just the actual mountain stuff I'm wondering about.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

Can't register online at the moment? Will try later at home in case it's work's security.

• Advertisement

In reply to 'whoopsadaisydoodles':

Hi there, the 26K course is challenging but there are two aid stations along the way (one which you will pass through twice and another later on). If you feel you are up for it, you can always chose the 26K and then try and get out for a recce of it. If you feel the training is not going well or for whatever reason, you can always drop down to the short course on the day.

If you post either here or on the IMRA site (https://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/3982) you may find someone to go out a do a recce with you.

In addition to this, the RTL team may be taking people out for a casual paced run around the short course in the coming weeks. Keep an eye on the RTL site or FB page for details of this.

Thanks,

S2S

Shuttle666 wrote: »
    Can't register online at the moment? Will try later at home in case it's work's security.

It seems OK on my PC. Let me know if you still have trouble later on, thanks S2S

I'm quite interested in this but I don't do mountain running, would I be better sticking with the 13km?

I've done the Warrior's run in Sligo back in August (which is a 15km road & mountain run, and I'll have done the Dublin Marathon 4 weeks prior. So I've miles in my legs, but just the actual mountain stuff I'm wondering about.

You'll be grand....
    If you can do a marathon you can do the 26km you will be tired as I did both last year and felt it in run the line...
    You won't be doing minute miles that's the thing with the hills you can walk a bit and then run all while taking in beautiful scenery. It's tough enough and you'll need to focus....but do it just for the experience the first year and as long as you make the cut off times its grand.
    What time are aiming for in the marathon???
    As a marker I did the marathon under 4
    hours and finished 26km run the line in under 3 hours.
    I've only 16km in 2 runs the past two weeks and got injured on my 2nd run and I'm still aiming for the long course!!
    It's tricky enough to navigate if you haven't done it before.
    Hope to be up there this weekend but I'd say leave it till after you do the marathon at this stage as you don't want to injure yourself.
    For the race bring a water rucksack as you'll have to be more or less self sufficient. It's a mountain run thing :D
    You might not go back to the road.......

If anyone wants to recce the long course this Sat morn early I'd be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

Tempting, but better be good before DCM :)

Yeh thanks Dubonhol, knowing my luck I'd break my ankle or something :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

You'll be grand....
    If you can do a marathon you can do the 26km you will be tired as I did both last year and felt it in run the line...
    You won't be doing minute miles that's the thing with the hills you can walk a bit and then run all while taking in beautiful scenery. It's tough enough and you'll need to focus....but do it just for the experience the first year and as long as you make the cut off times its grand.
    What time are aiming for in the marathon???
    As a marker I did the marathon under 4
    hours and finished 26km run the line in under 3 hours.
    I've only 16km in 2 runs the past two weeks and got injured on my 2nd run and I'm still aiming for the long course!!
    It's tricky enough to navigate if you haven't done it before.
    Hope to be up there this weekend but I'd say leave it till after you do the marathon at this stage as you don't want to injure yourself.
    For the race bring a water rucksack as you'll have to be more or less self sufficient. It's a mountain run thing :D
    You might not go back to the road.......

I've done it twice and would say the course is well marked, no nav required. Just keep your eye out for flags or red tape, once you pass one get your head up and spot the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

I've done it twice and would say the course is well marked, no nav required. Just keep your eye out for flags or red tape, once you pass one get your head up and spot the next one.

+1 (and beware of following people who may not be running the race or who may have taken a wrong turn!)

I've done the short and long courses in the past. They are challenging but the rewards great. Nice mix of terrain, beautiful scenery and fantastic atmosphere. It's one of my favourite races and a year highlight. Chances are that you'll get back for more if you try it. It's sort of addictive!

I meant for a training reccy and not on the day.

• Advertisement

If anyone wants to recce the long course this Sat morn early I'd be up for it.

Ive to ease myself back in this week so cant commit this weekend as of yet...
    How early is early to you.....

Advertisement