Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run the Line 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Wish I'd entered this now..kept meaning to check out the website but forgot until after it was sold out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Me too...gutted I missed out. Long course looks excellent... Next year I suppose : (

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

I was hoping to do the long also, but having not done that distance before I wanted to recce it first. The last few weeks have been a mess training wise so I never managed to get out and do it. Result is I'll stick with the short and compare to how I did last year. And a pint after!

Well if I can get sorted running this week I usually split the course in two...
    Ill do the short course starting from Lamb Doyles one week and then the next week head to Cruagh wood and do the back end of the long course to the short course turn off and return.....that's if I don take a detour somewhere!!
    I'll let you know how I get on during the week and see if I can get to the hills this weekend but still a bit of a head on me and blocked up etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Well if I can get sorted running this week I usually split the course in two...
    Ill do the short course starting from Lamb Doyles one week and then the next week head to Cruagh wood and do the back end of the long course to the short course turn off and return.....that's if I don take a detour somewhere!!
    I'll let you know how I get on during the week and see if I can get to the hills this weekend but still a bit of a head on me and blocked up etc.

If you're doing it on the weekend of the 14th I would be on for it.

If you're doing it on the weekend of the 14th I would be on for it.

Will you keep you posted DOH all going well that will be the Cruagh side start....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

Hi folks, just a reminder that rain jackets (shower proof at minimum) will be required and will either need to be worn or carried at all times. Thanks

Anyone interested in doing a reccy this Saturday morning??

Not sure about pace to be honest the lungs will tell me from last week it will be walk/run in patches mostly walking uphill.
    I wont have a haversack on this week mind.

Option 1...Meet Lamb Doyles and run the short course...7 miles ish

Option 2...if you dont want to ruin the short course for the run itself meet at Tibradden or Cruagh wood and run the back end of the long course...roughly same distance give or take a mile...

Ive disabled the notifications for the thread somehow?? so give me a chance to get back on here to respond.

Anyone interested in doing a reccy this Saturday morning??

Not sure about pace to be honest the lungs will tell me from last week it will be walk/run in patches mostly walking uphill.
    I wont have a haversack on this week mind.

Option 1...Meet Lamb Doyles and run the short course...7 miles ish

Option 2...if you dont want to ruin the short course for the run itself meet at Tibradden or Cruagh wood and run the back end of the long course...roughly same distance give or take a mile...

Ive disabled the notifications for the thread somehow?? so give me a chance to get back on here to respond.
    What time are you thinking of?

What time are you thinking of?

What's your window of opportunity?

What's your window of opportunity?

I sent you a pm there

• Advertisement

We timed our recce well for this morning, Noble Nudge brought a canoe and we paddled down the side of three rock.

We timed our recce well for this morning, Noble Nudge brought a canoe and we paddled down the side of three rock.

After today I know we are ready for the long course......
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Anyone know if there is an early start for the long course? Alternatively if I wanted to drop down to short course will that be a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Joey Joe-Joe Jr

AdpRo wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is an early start for the long course? Alternatively if I wanted to drop down to short course will that be a problem?

The website says an early start may be available if there is some demand. Maybe those interested in an early start should email the organisers so they can gauge demand early and plan accordingly.
    I'm sure I read something about the early start being for those who felt they might not make a specific cut-off time but I can't find it now.

AdpRo wrote: »

It's all in the email sent out two weeks ago.....

We will have an early start time for the long course only which will be at 10am. This is only for runners who believe they might take more than 160% of the finishing time (over 3hrs 15 mins). Early starters will not be eligible for prizes.

5 more sleeps.......looking forward to this now........ weathers forecasting rain for the week :)

5 more sleeps.......looking forward to this now........ weathers forecasting rain for the week :)

can't be any worse than when we did it last week... can it? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

Anyone know if race transfers are allowed?

Appreciate it's short notice

can't be any worse than when we did it last week... can it? :D

Ah that was a soft day..... ;)
    Think I even got a bit of colour on my legs...

Djoucer wrote: »

I'd say so as they have a waiting list in place.

• Advertisement

Djoucer wrote: »

We can transfer your spot to the waitlist if you tell us you are not running. Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Sandwell

What about dropping down or moving up in distance? Is it possible to facilitate this on the day or even in advance?

Sandwell wrote: »
    What about dropping down or moving up in distance? Is it possible to facilitate this on the day or even in advance?

Not a problem. Just tell us on the day. Thx

Less than 2 days to go, can't wait for this race. Weather looks to be cool with a bit of rain. Fairly ideal really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Joey Joe-Joe Jr

Was really really looking forward to this...

... until I came off my bike this morning and did considerable damage to my shoulder!!
    No running or cycling for weeks. :-(

Was really really looking forward to this...

... until I came off my bike this morning and did considerable damage to my shoulder!!
    No running or cycling for weeks. :-(
    Bad luck man, hope the recovery is short!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Less than 2 days to go, can't wait for this race. Weather looks to be cool with a bit of rain. Fairly ideal really :)

Were you being sarcastic?

Forecast for the Dublin region from Met Éirean this morning:

"Saturday will be a windy, blustery and wet day. Rain will be persistent and sometimes heavy and southwest winds will be strong and gusty."

That ideal?!?! :confused::eek::D;):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

inigo wrote: »
    Were you being sarcastic?

Forecast for the Dublin region from Met Éirean this morning:

"Saturday will be a windy, blustery and wet day. Rain will be persistent and sometimes heavy and southwest winds will be strong and gusty."

That ideal?!?! :confused::eek::D;):rolleyes:

Try a proper forecasting service: http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Other/Ticknock/

That forecast says to go fast and finish before the sh1tty rain starts :p

Possibility of a gentle breeze up on Fairy Castle....*

* Might a be full blown blizzard with sideways rain stinging your eyeballs closed. Any people wearing caps can collect them from the trees in pine forest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Enduro

This race has had it too good for too long... it needs a bit of real mountain running weather <evil laugh>

Advertisement