Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run the Line 2015

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

On behalf of Stuart and myself, the RTL team and the rest of DWMRT, I would like to say a massive thank you for coming out in some fairly atrocious weather to support us today.

We are often at home of a cold winters night and get called out in similar weather to today to help people in need and it is the likes of the support which we saw today that helps pay the insurance, the diesel, the kit and the training which enables us to do what we do.

Many thanks again and as always, please post good, bad or indifferent feedback here as we are always keen to make our next event even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Just to add my thanks to all the marshals out on the course today, especially the guys at fairy castle, it was brutal up there!

Also thanks to the Mountain Rescue guys back in lamb doyles, especially the glad who cleaned out the cut in my leg!! They were flat out with bloody knees and legs and done a great job. Hopefully no serious injuries today.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Well, what a blast! Best race of the year for me, despite the savage weather. I never experienced being painfully stung on my face by rain or being tossed about and out of the path by the wind like I did today. I couldn't even run down Fairy Castle, so strong was the wind. My hands were so cold... I still haven't recovered full sensitivity on the back of them! :eek:

MASSIVE THANKS to all involved, particularly the marshals out on the course, more in particular those around Fairy Castle, and even more in particular to the guy at the bottom of Fairy Castle by the Long/Short sign. I had made up my mind I was going to change to the short course by then. I went up to him and asked if somebody had changed their mind (I took the early start). He stretched an arm towards the long course and said: "Keep going, now!!". It was all I needed to keep pushing myself, complete the long course and shave 12 minutes off my time from last year. :P

I had a ball running on the MTB track below Tibradden, and coming down Cruagh and the descends, especially screaming "coming through" while charging through groups of people tiptoeing and slipping on the mud on their road shoes. :D

I came home right after the winner of the long course. He asked me if I had done the long one to which I said yes. He said well done and shook my hand. I then said I had taken the early start. Others did the same but at that stage I decided I'd enjoy the hand shakes and well dones and leave it at that. :rolleyes:

PS: I think that today I started to really comprehend Enduro's feat at the Spine earlier this year.........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Lots of pictures up on Run The Line Facebook page and here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Provisional results are up now... here
    Long Course
    Short Course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

fletch wrote: »
    Provisional results are up now... here

I'd say it's a real headache trying to put those results together with all the people changing course and then the early start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Enduro

inigo wrote: »
    PS: I think that today I started to really comprehend Enduro's feat at the Spine earlier this year.........

Yeah, funnily enough when I was answering the question "how'd it go?" the answer was "Well, it was good Spine training anyway!". (That was actually pretty benign compared to the Spine though!!!)

That was the weather I was looking for! That was a good old-style proper winter mountain race. A lot of people will have learned why rain jackets are mandatory gear.

Well done to all the finishers. Hopefully anyone who enjoyed that will continue on in the same vein and give some of the IMRA races a go.

And of course, well done to all involved in the organisation. A great event yet again. No doubt the safety plan was well tested this year. Hope heapes of money was made for the MR team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Great event.
    Chapeau to the organisers and volunteers out on the course.
    Weather made it tough but added to it I think.
    First year doing the short course and have to say it was brilliant.
    Some great descending skills on show.
    Noticed a few limping so hopefully no one was seriously injured.
    Love the technical t shirt too.
    Keep up the good work.
    Countdown to AON begins........

Great event.
    Chapeau to the organisers and volunteers out on the course.
    Weather made it tough but added to it I think.
    First year doing the short course and have to say it was brilliant.
    Some great descending skills on show.
    Noticed a few limping so hopefully no one was seriously injured.
    Love the technical t shirt too.
    Keep up the good work.
    Countdown to AON begins........

Great result for you, not at all bad for a cyclist :D

Great result for you, not at all bad for a cyclist :D

I'll have to grow a go fast beard for next year...felt out of place clean shaven....
    :D
    Might upset my result in the women's race though ;)

• Advertisement

Might be one suggestion to put age brackets with the results under 40 and over 40?? See how the old timers do ;D

Might be one suggestion to put age brackets with the results under 40 and over 40?? See how the old timers do ;D
    You'd be first in the over 40s and u2 fan category.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

As bad as last weeks weather was, it looks tame compared to what is expected this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

As bad as last weeks weather was, it looks tame compared to what is expected this weekend.

Enduro must be happy...

Advertisement