Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good reasonable Security alarm person?

Options
  • 10-06-2015 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

We have a house alarm system that sends out SMS alerts to mobiles via landline. But as Eircom is ending sms service at the end of June we need an alternative.

Because an eircom landline fault. My first alarm guy(whom installed the system) disconnected the alarm line.
    After the line is fixed. I called him almost every week but he never showed up to reconnect my line( alarm works but sms service doesnt)

So i contacted the 2nd alarm guy( he did my brothers house alarm) and asked him about the eircom sms service issue.
    He said I need to install a device that can insert a SIM card in and that will send messages instead of using landline. The device cost 120euro (he never mentioned labour cost)
    Anyway i asked him to install the device for me but he said he was really busy so i asked him to reconnect the line first or whichever way works for him.
    I was away at the time so i let my brother handle it.
    But when i came back i was surprised he ONLY reconnected the line and charged 70euro...no mention about the sim device.

is that a fair price? Our first alarm guy would charge half that amount for small things like that??

anyway. So its near toward the end of June so anyone that knows a good alarm guy in carlow?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bagenal

have you got sorted with an alarm installer?
    If not pm me & I'll give you a name & number of someone who I think is good. Don't fret if I don't reply immediately as I don't log in here often.

Advertisement