Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can DIT still accept you if you failed ordinary maths?

• 10-06-2015 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I was never good at maths, but I'm able to get the points that is required for the course or even more. The course I want to do in DIT is Human Resources Manegment (DT398) or any business course. I was just wondering can DIT accept you if you fail ordinary maths, but got the point ? I definitely failed maths paper 1 on my leaving cert :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

Krasava wrote: »
    I was never good at maths, but I'm able to get the points that is required for the course or even more. The course I want to do in DIT is Human Resources Manegment (DT398) or any business course. I was just wondering can DIT accept you if you fail ordinary maths, but got the point ? I definitely failed maths paper 1 on my leaving cert :(

You need OD3 at least - there's potentially quite a bit of maths on that course.

You have three options if you have your heart set on this course. Resit maths next year, and only maths if you have the points from taking the leaving cert this year. If you only had maths to do you'd surely get a D in OL.

The alternatives are to wait until you are a mature student, 23 AFAIK.

Finally, you could take this course...

A FETAC Level 5 entry route to this programme is available. Please visit www.dit.ie/study/undergraduate/fetac/

With that said, you might be fearing the worst and you get a D at least. Concentrate on your other exams in the mean time.
    Entry Requirements

Minimum No of
    Subjects
    Honours
    Minimum Grade in
    Maths
    English or Irish
    OD3
    OD3

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Krasava

Thank you :) And im sorry but do you need maths for Creative and Cultural Industries (DT597)? Because it doesn't say anything about maths.

Advertisement