Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteer project for July

Options
  • 10-06-2015 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,

A Spanish friend of mine is looking to go to Galway to improve her English for the month of July. She would like to do some work or voluntary work where she can speak a lot. She likes history, animals, nature and is open to any suggestions.

Can anybody suggest any volunteer wrok? She has been in touch with Volunteers Ireland in Galway, but nothing happening there....so here I am!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭roseagra

https://www.helpx.net/

I think you have to pay 20 to join but it's a great network of people - I volunteered with a lovely lady in the south of spain working with horses, it was tough work but had a great time, each host will be different and I see there are lots in Ireland

or Wwoofing is another option

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

One or more of the festivals (Fringe, Arts, ...etc) is probably the best bet. Most other volunteer work with people requires Garda clearance, which she wont' get in the timeframe.

For animals work - try GSPCA or MADRA - but she's not going to learn much English walking dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

One or more of the festivals (Fringe, Arts, ...etc) is probably the best bet. Most other volunteer work with people requires Garda clearance, which she wont' get in the timeframe.

For animals work - try GSPCA or MADRA - but she's not going to learn much English walking dogs.

Galway arts festival are definitely looking for volunteers- there is an article about it in today's Galway independent.

Advertisement