Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 - where do Sound Recorder files go?

• 10-06-2015 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

I bought a Toshiba laptop with Windows 8 recently. I wanted to use the Sound Recorder function to record something. It seemed to work, but I can't find the files after I record them.

Anyone know where they are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Bayberry

I just recorded something, then renamed it and searched for the file, and it was saved in

C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder_XXXXXXXXX\LocalState\Indexed\Recordings

(the XXXXXX refers to my machine/user account)

If you need to access these recordings a lot, you could create a shortcut pointing to there, but if you just need to access a single recording, it's probably quicker to bring up the charms bar on the right, and "Share" the recording by e-mailing it to yourself.

Note that the recording is an MPEG4 file with an .m4a extension.

Advertisement