Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing a 1/2 bed in South Dublin

Options
  • 10-06-2015 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Currently researching the possibility of purchasing a 1 or 2 bed apartment in south Dublin.

Looking in Dublin 6/6W/14/16. Preferably D6/6W.

What are peoples thoughts on buying an apartment in these areas. Looking at anything between 170K to 250K.

I'm at the very early stages of researching so just trawling any old threads I could find also.

Currently renting in D6 but myself and my partner are considering buying at some point in the next year.

Biggest concerns are flexibility to move and the demand for these types or properties in the long term. I guess there should always be demand in Dublin for renting 1/2 beds anyway.

I'd appreciate anyones opinions on this. This would be my first leap onto the property ladder.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

A one bed would be harder to re-sell, is less flexible, etc.

There are only 36 apartments 250k and under on daft for those 4 areas (half of which are two beds). That will give you an idea of the kind of availability in that price bracket. You'll probably cut half of them for your own reason straight off the bat and now you're left with less than 10 2-beds in your price range and area.

I wish you luck but understand you will have steep competition for a property on the lower end of the price range in south Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Thanks, I guess my main concern would be the property sustaining its value but that's hard if not impossible to predict. Thanks for your input.

Could probably stretch that budget a bit further to 270.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Apts in D6 are very expensive right now, much more expensive than other areas. Seems a lot of cash buyers are paying big bucks for this area (too much money really but it's their money), I avoided it when I bought and went for northside, much better value, even though I was renting in D6

Advertisement