Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC HISTORY - Higher Level - June 10th***

• 10-06-2015 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Thought that was easy enough I am so glad i revised the congress !!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

HL.

Don't think we could've gotten a nicer paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

Very nice paper, shame i only needed a couple more minutes to fully finish the document short q.. Oh well, thats only like 2-3% out anyways. Great questions, was a bit shocked no treaty, though still knew the eucha well. :)

Btw, RIP my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 eoinythegod

That exam was written for me by God himself. So happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 ko3p

Nice enough, only managed about a page on my last essay though :/
    I just couldn't stop writing about Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 DesuDesuChan

mind went blank for the Northern Ireland section and only wrote a page. feeling sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭gracew

Really happy with that paper, everything I studied came up. Didn't have time to do the short essay on the Eucharistic congress but otherwise I'm very happy with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Chef Tony

When I got the paper I took a peak on the document question, and saw the word "Papal" and immediately entered a depression because The Treaty didn't come up. But then I saw how nice the other essays were and became delighted. Very happy with the paper over all, could of easily done two essays on each topic, was spoilt for choice! I only feel bad for the examiner having to read the waffle-fest that was "The Significance of The Eucharistic Congress"

• Registered Users Posts: 20 2roadsdiverged

GAA question was kinda broad so only got two pages out of it because never actually considered it would come up with Sinn Fein and I kinda assumed that the literary revival would appear with it because of Yeats' 150th anniversary so only got about 2 and a half pages written about the GAA as it was so narrow, hopefully my other essays compensate for that and I didn't get the long question on the Congress finished either so idk. Hoped for history to be my highest for points as it always has been but doubting that now sadly 💔

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭TheSunderz

Guys what did people do for the Irish EEC essay ? I did fisheries and agriculture will that suffice ??Yeh happy with foreign policy so easy and Montgomery was phrased to nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Kermin

Really good exam Hitler, Cultural Nationalism and Colonialism+Naval Policy saved me.Only fully finished the hitler questions other two I get 4 and half and 3 half put a load of bullet points at the end and a conclusion on those essays with 5 mins to go. So got 5 pages and 4 pages on each in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭blobcat

I'm really not sure if I wrote enough. I did two pages on Montgomery bus boycott, four pages on Stalin and two and a half pages on the NI question.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Kermin

GAA question was kinda broad so only got two pages out of it because never actually considered it would come up with Sinn Fein and I kinda assumed that the literary revival would appear with it because of Yeats' 150th anniversary so only got about 2 and a half pages written about the GAA as it was so narrow, hopefully my other essays compensate for that and I didn't get the long question on the Congress finished either so idk. Hoped for history to be my highest for points as it always has been but doubting that now sadly 💔

Same delighted with Gaa when I first saw it realised it was really broad and really specific at the same time. Still got 4 pages from it

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Higher - Waffled for a page on the Eucharistic Congress, did a solid 4 pages on both Montgomery and Sunningdale, 3.5 on economic and social problems in Britain between wars - do you think I'll lose marks for not mentioning Jarrow?
    But hey, I'm pretty happy overall!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Ah, the Congress is my favourite of the three :D woot. Great paper, although I had to waffle a little bit about Paisley. Thank feck he's famous.

HL. Thought having two inter war years problems questions was a bit strange but the Stalin question was great. Did 5 for the boycott, 4 for unionism and 4 for Stalin. So delighted!

Reading the US questions and don't even know what that American Dream question relates to.

HL. Thought having two inter war years problems questions was a bit strange but the Stalin question was great. Did 5 for the boycott, 4 for unionism and 4 for Stalin. So delighted!

Reading the US questions and don't even know what that American Dream question relates to.

*copy and pastes Gatsby essay*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

I done
    US: Berlin and Cuba impact on US Foreign Policy
    NI: How NI changed socially and economically but not politically
    DD: Stalin/Mussolini propaganda and terror

What an absolutely sexy paper that was

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fin709

Done O'Neill and i waffled about coleraine for 3 and a half pages, will get destroyed by an examiner on it

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

Well that was the easyiest history paper I ever did even if the congress came up it was easy and lamass and hitler foreign policy couldn't ask for better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ecoste

I think i didn't mark the irish question that i did, am i ****ed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Did 6 pages on montgomery
    5 pages on challenges in britain
    4 pages on social and economic changes in NI. Do you think it was okay to talk about health housing and education on this question? Didnt really know anything else to say.

Did bad on documents, hopefully over 80% overall

ecoste wrote: »
    I think i didn't mark the irish question that i did, am i ****ed?

I doubt it. I presume it's obvious what you did and they understand the time constraints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 KatieHennessy

I done
    US: Berlin and Cuba impact on US Foreign Policy
    NI: How NI changed socially and economically but not politically
    DD: Stalin/Mussolini propaganda and terror

What an absolutely sexy paper that was

Did the same except did broadcasting and education impact on Ireland. Very nice paper! Glad to see everyone is happy with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fin709

Kremin wrote: »
    4 pages on social and economic changes in NI. Do you think it was okay to talk about health housing and education on this question? Didnt really know anything else to say.

I was very confused on this too. Housing trust set up in 1945 and education act in 1947 so i didnt do that question even tho i had all of welfare state because i thought welfare state was all before 1949 but seemingly it was ok cos everyone did it. I wish i had done the question now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

6 on Hitlers foreign policy
    6 on Parnell and Butt
    4 on Cuba and Korea
    3 on Euchararistic, 4 with the short Qs..

hopefully A nice grade in August :)

I think you're a bad person, but in the good way. So many bloody pages :P Housing and education are definitely social changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 2roadsdiverged

Kermin wrote: »
    Same delighted with Gaa when I first saw it realised it was really broad and really specific at the same time. Still got 4 pages from it

Literally my first time ever panicking in an exam and it was when I saw the other two options beside it and my mind went blank and it's usually my best topic out of them all but ah sure two pages is better than none

• Registered Users Posts: 6 aaronj2011

That was grand. Wasn't expecting the EC for the document, but oh well. Wrote 4 on Parnell/Butt, 4 on Mussolini/Stalin and 3.5 on Montgomery. Hopefully I'll get a B, maybe a C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

I wrote about health, housing and education for that too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

That was a grand enough paper considering how little study I did. I did:

Ireland: The gaa. Managed to get two pages and a bit of it.
    Nation States: Colonial rivalries. Was able to waffle two and a half pages on 'France did this, Netherlands did that' etc.
    D&D: Mussolini propaganda and terror. Thought this essay went well. Got roughly 4 pages and stuck in some extra information.

The case study was decent enough, knew a bit about the Eucharistic congress to waffle the last question for a page and a bit.

Advertisement