Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ratchet & Clank 2016 PlayStation 4

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

could this be the next exclusive after Bloodborne worth getting for the ps4? looks very good and with good exclusives for the ps4 so few and far apart I might just pick this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Completed it about 5 times now. Definitely worth getting.

It's a great homage to the original albeit some content / characters are missing such as helga.

Very short game, but then again they all are. Probably about 6-7 hours on my first play through and 2ish on each subsequent one. Almost at the platinum.

Have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

^^^ Whaaat?

I'll be disappointed if I can finish it in six hours. I remember the original taking way longer than that. Although I'm one of those ocd gamers that has to go back and get all the secrets, gold bolts and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

James74 wrote: »
    ^^^ Whaaat?

I'll be disappointed if I can finish it in six hours. I remember the original taking way longer than that. Although I'm one of those ocd gamers that has to go back and get all the secrets, gold bolts and stuff.

All of the ratchet and clank games only ever took me that long to complete the first time around. The replayability comes from challenge mode where the game is much harder at the beginning though imo becomes really easy as you can further upgrade all your weapons past what you could in the regular game mode. This game is no different.

I will still probably put another 10 hours into the game making my total play time around 25-30 hours before I get the platinum trophy.

Of course this all is my experience, others may play the game slower than I would. I did not die once on hard mode so never had to repeat anything.

Even with the small amount of content I say get this game, just for the replayability.

One thing I really missed in this game though is
    the arena style combat where you fight waves of enemies, they were always a favorite of mine. Also, I hate the hoverboard races -.- worst trophy to get for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm really excited for this game. Probably the first game of 2016 that I am genuinely looking forward to. I see it is €39.99 in Smyths but Argos don't have it listed yet. I'd assume it won't be much less than €39.99.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I would have picked this up after work this evening but sadly my ps4 is 100km away :(.

My housemate got his rent paid for by where he works this month and was talking about getting a ps4 so goal is get housemate to buy ps4 ha ha

I just picked up my copy. Looking forward to playing it tonight.

I wish they had a co-op mode in the game so I could play with my son who is starting to play games with me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Playing it now, really enjoying it. Love seeing the Plumber again, breaking the fourth wall as ever too :pac: Don't like the new look Skid though.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

I just picked up my copy. Looking forward to playing it tonight.

I wish they had a co-op mode in the game so I could play with my son who is starting to play games with me.

There is a PS3 co-op game, Ratchet & Clank All-4-One. It's a bit poo, but it's your only option for co-op play in the series I think.

James74 wrote: »
    There is a PS3 co-op game, Ratchet & Clank All-4-One. It's a bit poo, but it's your only option for co-op play in the series I think.

Played through it co-op a few years ago. A very underrated Ratchet game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement