Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 Front Camera Crescent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

shanec1928 wrote: »
    mine still to be collected. Ups Classify the sligo as being "remote".. I had a fear of that happening to mine so i just spoke directly to a supervisor and made sure a note was made on the issue that the device would be replaced.

Box has arrived and it's the wrong size ffs. Tempted to just drive to Belfast and be done with all the hassle it's turning out to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Box has arrived and it's the wrong size ffs. Tempted to just drive to Belfast and be done with all the hassle it's turning out to be!

If you decide to head to Belfast, schedule an appointment. Just in case you don't want to be hanging around all day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

How did they get the box wrong?

godtabh wrote: »
    How did they get the box wrong?
    Im trying to figure that one out too. it looks like its a box for a 6 and not a plus:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Have the same issue. Have Applecare + so will prob just do an express replacement at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Mine was returned and the issue not resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

What's the story if you bought from Vodafone? I got my 6 in Dublin but I live in Wexford. Will any Vodafone shop replace it? I'm extremely reluctant to send my phone off for a week, I'm also not exactly gone on the idea of having to reload all my apps and music either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

godtabh wrote: »
    Phone sent in for repair. Report back from apple states it cant replicate the phone powering itself off. WTF?

Being sent back now. Will likely have to be returned. Total joke.

I've just arranged a repair for mine and noticed that the summary email from support says the problem is "phone will not power on" which was never mentioned.

I'll have to call them to update the case.

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    I've just arranged a repair for mine and noticed that the summary email from support says the problem is "phone will not power on" which was never mentioned.

I'll have to call them to update the case.

I had to do a diagnostic and apparently that the fault it reported even though I stated the front camera crescent as being the issue.

this issue would be so much easier if we just had a store:mad:

*edit*

Replacement phone arrived. They then wouldnt take the one for repair back, rang them they wouldnt send the driver back to collect it. such a pain this has turned out to be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

*edit*

Replacement phone arrived. They then wouldnt take the one for repair back, rang them they wouldnt send the driver back to collect it. such a pain this has turned out to be!

Read the information you got with it. You need to arrange a collection through UPS for the phone to go back. Not the drivers fault.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Read the information you got with it. You need to arrange a collection through UPS for the phone to go back. Not the drivers fault.
    Told on the phone they would take it back there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Told on the phone they would take it back there and then.

That persons fault then.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

I just arranged express replacement now. No issue with camera except for cosmetic bit rather have it fixed now under warranty instead of letting it go.

What's the story- Do you just keep the replacement phone?

Triangla wrote: »
    I just arranged express replacement now. No issue with camera except for cosmetic bit rather have it fixed now under warranty instead of letting it go.

What's the story- Do you just keep the replacement phone?
    Yup keep it.

That's pretty good, it's cosmetic now but the fear is it gets worse outside of warranty.

Pretty stupid thing to happen really for such an expensive phone.

*edit*

not even a month and the replacement phone has it. Not impressed:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

not even a month and the replacement phone has it. Not impressed:mad:
    You're flippin kidding? :eek:

dodzy wrote: »
    You're flippin kidding? :eek:
    I wish..

Managed to get an appointment for tomorrow. does anybody have any recommendations for parking that doesn't cost a fortune?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I wish..

Managed to get an appointment for tomorrow. does anybody have any recommendations for parking that doesn't cost a fortune?

In Belfast? St Anne's Square is a five minute walk and isn't too expensive.

• Advertisement

Zcott wrote: »
    In Belfast? St Anne's Square is a five minute walk and isn't too expensive.
    ya belfast. perfect thanks

Replacement phone got third time lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Mine is starting again and it's out of warranty. I'm not happy about it. Wonder does the 2 year guarantee cover this? It's obviously been a defect from when I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭numbernine

Hi, i have an iphone 6 with the white crescent on front camera, no problems with actual phone everything else is okay but i am eligible for a replacement(i assume a refurb) do you think it would be worth it to get a refurb replacement? Or just leave it as is.. I never had a refurb and am afraid i wont be happy with the condition of the refurb.. Thanks in advance

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

numbernine wrote: »
    Hi, i have an iphone 6 with the white crescent on front camera, no problems with actual phone everything else is okay but i am eligible for a replacement(i assume a refurb) do you think it would be worth it to get a refurb replacement? Or just leave it as is.. I never had a refurb and am afraid i wont be happy with the condition of the refurb.. Thanks in advance

Refurb has new casings whether they need them or not. Usually can't tell the difference from a new one.

I had the crescent issue and got a brand new phone. Was pretty straightforward process.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭numbernine

I had the crescent issue and got a brand new phone. Was pretty straightforward process.

Hi, thanks a lot for your reply, could you advise on what process you went through, as in did you go to the apple store or did they send u a brand new phone? And how did you get a new one, apple advised it would be a refurb in a plain white box? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Hi, thanks a lot for your reply, could you advise on what process you went through, as in did you go to the apple store or did they send u a brand new phone? And how did you get a new one, apple advised it would be a refurb in a plain white box? Thanks!

I'm in Belfast and went to the store. They replaced it with a brown box one immediately. I don't think it was a refurb but even if it was I don't mind.

I logged it online. Nice and easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

I logged it online. Nice and easy.

Hi.

How did it work after you logged it online? Had you bought direct from Apple in the first place? I bought mine from Three, but I would be very reluctant to go through their repair service.

I'm debating whether to get mine repaired/replaced at the moment. It has the crescent (has had since day one, and it doesn't seem to be getting worse), and it's not affecting the phone usage, but I'd still rather get it done in case it gets worse outside of warranty. My warranty is up in mid-Feb.

How long from logging it did it take before it was picked up and replaced? (I'm assuming that logging online leads to the courier pick-up/replacement route). Did you have to use a credit card to get a faster service?

The only thing putting me off getting it done is the fear of being without the phone for ages.

Advertisement